New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild

New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild

Bill Walsh
http://www.nycrcg.com/home.html

The New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild have meetings on the second Wednesday of every month at the District Council, 395 Hudson Street, NYC. Meetings are held on the 10th floor and start at 2:30 pm, preceding the monthly Delegate Meetings.

All retiree's and those looking to retire in the next two years are invited to be a part of
what the R.C.G. is achieving. Come join us in protecting the Doctrines and Principles of our great
Union, for future Carpenters.

Re: New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild

steward
Myquestion is,when are we going to take back the union.members made it,earned it ,and worked very hard for everything that keeps it strong today.It is a brotherhood,and members should think that way,to much finger pointing does not help us all out.We must sole our problems and do whateer possible to move our organization into the future.Remember,it does not take 1,it takes each and everyone in our union to promote and do there part to succeed and be the best carpenters and best membership to succeed to any obstacles we face.to win.We have smart,members and good craftsmen,but we need some of that at the council to give us some better recognition,and know where the membership comes from,and know we want to to achieve success with better benefits,good pension,good dental,and a proud organization that real cares for its members as well as the staff and council reps.If we all do our part,we all will succeed,keep every job 100percent union,no 50percent union,50 percent nonunion,it does not help us and contributions to not go into the union funds.Raise life insurance back up to 25000.00 for members who passed on,they desere the respect and honor for there hard work over the years.also,i heard we are getting cigna dental insurance back,it is good news,and a step in the right direction.We also should have a fund for members out of work a long time who need money to get by,a continueency fund,maybe take out ten cents an hr from all members working checks and keep  in this fund for members experiencing hardship.I hope things get back to where it was better for all of us,good luck to all union brothers and sisters.in solidarity jack

Re: New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild

trump sucks

Re: New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild

steward
We want our union back,get rid of PLAS,get rid of full mobility,McCarran and his pets got to go.

Re: New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild

steward
We want our union back,get rid of PLAS,get rid of full mobility,McCarran and his pets got to go.

Re: New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild

Steward
Our stewards need good direction, the time to act is now,we need to learn the doctrines,and learn,federal,state,and city laws,we are the front line if defence against nonunion,we also need to brush up our skills to combat the open shop we are facing everyday on our jobs,especially Hudson Yards,we need to educate our members as much as possible,keep them up to date on all current union events,especially rally's,we need to organize more nonunion jobs,it is up to each and everyone of us  to take on this role ,we will determine the direction of where organized labor will go,keep it strong,stay focused,protect each and every union man and women,we are all under attack from open shop,stay vigalite,be aggressive, be productive,and be the best union carpenters in the world,good luck to all,in solidarity,a good union steward.

Re: New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild

Slim
 Steward writes "be best union carpenters in the world" "be productive"..you left out..don't forget to pay your dues on time.
I truly believe that most just don't get it.
The assault not only comes from the companies but also from your own union.
Union leadership don't give a rats azz about you it's all about their direct deposit check every week.

Re: New York City District Council Retiree's Carpenter Guild

Samtarallo7
I got admit,your right on that,just like McCarran merging the unions,he wants control of the money,they surely screwed us in Hudson Yards,working side by side with scabs,nonunion,it always seems,u have to watch over your back,there are very dangerous to work around too,they also work for cash,the attorney general office should be investigating these shanagans,a lot of labor laws being broken,I am sure someone is making out in the deal,They defitely sold us out at Hudson Yards,no question about that.U could thank McCarran and our leaders for getting these terrible plays jammed down our throats, its a real disc race,it is hurting organized labor for all the sacrifices and concession s we took,we are being screwed all the way around.