New Leadership Should Rejoin AFL-CIO

Robert Kwiecinski
First order of business for the new EST and administration should be an affiliation with the AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department.  Any move not to, would be a show of cowardice and lack of respect of the rights of the membership. Only in the AFL-CIO can Union Carpenters regain our right to vote directly for our representation and for direct ratification vote of our collective bargaining agreements. If the new administration does not prove that they are working in the best interst of the membership by joining the AFL-CIO, then you will know that the Mccaron's kool-aid has been served, and it will be business as usual again. Now is the time ,do not waste the oppertunity to do the right thing for your fellow brothers and siters. Do not protect your paychecks, protect your brothers and sisters.