New Dental for Retirees DMO Garbage

retired shoppy
Don't even bother picking out a dentist off their list. Its the same as having no insurance at all. Some of us already know about this DMO crap. Others will learn for themselves. What I'm really curious about is if the active members will get the PPO. I have a feeling that's what going to  happen because when we had nothing, we got letters to pay for our insurance with Cigna. The retirees had the option of the DMO for $50 a month, and the active members were offered a PPO. The PPO is what most dentists accept. I have a bunch of decent dentists by me upstate, and none of them take the DMO. To give us different insurance is a disgrace in itself. What the fuck? Are we lower class members? I never took cash from any of these scumbag companies in 22 years. Plenty of contributions to the benefit funds. I should get at least a decent dental plan. It doesnt have to be top of the line, but certainly not this shit. We should all be able to choose from a majority of dentists. Only he shitbags take DMO. DON'T USE IT! SEND A MESSAGE. They have wasted money, probably in return for some shady deal.

Dental

Norman
Consider a co-op or individual buying plan
Request formal firm quotations for the work you require
Unions and other groups have used this for medical/dental
and other products and services
Join one or build one

Re: Dental

Ethics
YEP!

Sounds like a good plan, Norman! Join one or build one!!!!

Re: Dental

Ethics
MEANWHILE................................. KEEP PAYING YOUR DUES, AND ALLOW THE UNION TO DOCK YOUR PAY FOR GHOST BENEFITS...........  What else do you REALLY expect???

Re: Dental

🍺
GO AWAY SCABBY ETHICS
?

Re: Dental

?
guess you get what you deserve = nothing

Re: Dental

retired shoppy
I dont know how that co op plan works, but I'd go for anything but this. This for instance might show a crown as costing you $200, then they're ask me for $800. They pick out a bunch of other procedures they say they have to do to complete the crown. It's unbelievable that they get away with this shit. I called Cigna at the time and tell them there is nothing in the book that costs $800. They tell me it would cost $4500 with no insurance. Really??? $4500 for a crown? and these asshole are ok with that? They're making it so only wealthy people will be able to afford dental care, and nobody is looking into it. Something is wrong here. I went to a dentist near me when I first had toothache pain. I liked him, but he only took the PPO thing. He took xrays, told me I had a infection and needed a root canal, gave me a script for antibiotics and pain killers. $60 for that visit. Very reasonable for what he did, and I felt comfortable with this guy, yet I am forced to go to some snake a hour away. Members will see how bad this is once they start using it.

Re: Dental

Ethics
What could be worse than having no choice put to pay into a benefit plan at a cadillac rate, only to get fiat benefits? If you had the right to have payroll deductions directed towards the plan of YOUR choice, wouldn't that be better? ( http://www.1dental.com/ )   There are currently 0 options to have this done. IT'S TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, and that is not very democratic. Not a damn thing you can do about it either, because nobody is willing to gather up enough balls to challenge it, which takes leadership and courage. You would have to do what McCarron did, and hire armed guards to storm the 395 Hudson st. office building, and demand  a new dental program for everybody, even if it meant cutting costs elsewhere to provide for it. No other way to get these things done but by force with the backing of thousands of UBC members in an angry mob accompanied by armed guards.

Re: Dental


GO AWAY SCABBY ETHICS