New Council Rep Hires

shoppy luv
So being that Walsh is gone… they are now hiring 4 new reps. I think people in that position should have to be approved by the delegate body to insure it the right person for the job not who kisses tysnar's, capurso's, DiNapoli's ass the best. Wait until you see what unqualified moron jackasses these people hire to represent us. its going to be a real shame. Guaranteed i can name all 4 without even knowing.

Re: New Council Rep Hires

Benny Blanco
From what i was told the whole preliminary was a farce and the 4 were already picked

Re: New Council Rep Hires

steward
Without stronger representation from our dcreps,we are doomed.Do not get me wrong,there are good reps,but having stonge leadership skills to back up the steward and the members on the job is the most important that should be qualified.Good men fight and protect our jurisdiction and stand strong to make sure the contracts are being properly enforced.Good education comes from a member with at least10 to 15 yrs in the field wotking with his tools.u have to know how to talk to the.keep a open line of communication between good union brothers on the job,good communication with the rep,and also with the contractor.The steward is the problem solver who should be able to re solve a disputed issue if it develops.exp,patience,keeping good notes of when,how,where,what time,etc.There are labor laws and labor protections that protect the steward and the members.Learn them,god forbid ,someday u may need them.Good luck to all and good intentions to our members,our dcreps and everybody who wants to keep our union stronge.our union will survive because i believe everyone will do there part to help us succeed.good luck and union forever.

Re: New Council Rep Hires

shoppy luv
i agree with what you are saying 100% but i heard the same thing "benny" the higher ups before they even sent out the job posting, they  had the 4 people they wanted to hire for the jobs. And to get their "boys" in they waited for Walsh to leave so they had free reign to hire who ever they wanted. Walsh may have done a lot of negative things but at least he kept the hierarchy in check. With him now gone its going to slowly turn into a free for all again for the people in power to do whatever they want. All i'm saying is with certain hires of card carrying members like these there should be some type of "check" put in place to ensure that the right person for the right job is hired not who rubs the balls the best while playing golf, who goes hunting with, etc. For example, they nominate who they want then a silent vote by the delegates for who gets to represent our union out in the field dealing with Contractors, Building Owners, Politicians, etc. it's only fair that way. Similar to the same way a U.S. President nominates a Supreme Court Justice and Congress votes to approve

Re: New Council Rep Hires

Steve McInnis,      President
You ignorant field hands piss, moan, and bitch every time we elect one of our own, yet you are too afraid to do anything about it!
 I dare 50 of you crybabies to come to my office and personally veto the decision to hire our four new reps.
Bunch of whining little pussies, is all you are!

Re: New Council Rep Hires

joe bones
Maybe someone should call this new lawyer/ review guy McCorty how do we contact this guy anyway?? someone needs to get involved in this. its complete BS.

Re: New Council Rep Hires

steward
Make the union stronger,be active,do your part,stop pointing fingers at one another,give our leadership achance,keep accounablity about everyday events,help the union when they need the help,go to union meetings,impower the apprentices,be amentor,give back,and make us all stronger,our problems are with the onunion.we need new fresh ,prespective ideas,newer approaches,more agressive salting of jobs to get imformation on the contractors.we need more labor politicians,we need all the help,andlateral support such as community board meetings to get thepublic on our side.get church organizations,groups that support the union for better working conditions,unionlabor laws and ohsa labor that will protect our members working out in the field.gangbox talk about safety wll keep the contractor aware we value safety and take it seriously.protect each other,this our union,it is a brotherhood and sisterhood,keep it strong and lets start problem solving to make it better for everyone.remember,when u are on the job,u must stress and explain for survival and strength and making and achiveing marketshare,we must all stay in volved and do our part to succeed.strength is in numbers,lets bring back pride and get our  marketshare back.an injury to 1 is a injury to all.we do not want that.we need to move forward to improving everything to make it better for our union,our members,our leadership,our dc reps,our organizers,all the people at the disrict council,our own familys and everybodys familys,make the change,make it good,because it effects us all.soldarity and promise of strength to all a good steward.

Re: New Council Rep Hires

Steve McInnis,      President
It's us cronies against you retards- get it? Pay your fucking dues and keep your mouths shut! It's a good thing you fools don't post anything on the NYCDCC website! You would have you asses handed to you in a sling! McCarron protects us, we kiss his ass and worship the ground he walks on. We make double or triple what you asshole whiners make, plus we will retire with two or three pensions! So what if we are all whores- it beats working for a living!!! If you ass-wipes think McDorky will help you, think again, he is already on McCarrons payroll, just like that faggot Dennis "When do I swallow, sir?" Walsh. We make the big bucks because we make the rules. Don't like it? Turn in your card and go to work as a union laborer. They will always hire ex carpenters, and make them work twice as hard.....
.

Re: New Council Rep Hires

.
Contact Information;

Glen G. McGorty

gmcgorty@crowell.com

Phone: +1 212.895.4246

590 Madison Avenue
20th Floor

New York, NY 10022-2544

Re: New Council Rep Hires

shoppy luv
@ "steward" i do all what you said and some. how can you say that its fair hiring when they had the 4 they wanted to hire before they even gave out the applications.

Re: New Council Rep Hires

inMember
Who knows the names of the new hires  ???

Re: New Council Rep Hires

union guy
The four new reps are Moe ,Larry ,Curly and Shemp.
Lighten up brothers and sisters . Life is short

Re: New Council Rep Hires

striker
Bring respect back to the brotherhood,bring pride.Alot of our members forgot where they came from,it is a for gottan shame.Good union men do the right thing.the members that do the wrong thing,get away with murder.Start rewading the good members with work,the is alot to overcome and alot of objectives to succeed,let us all as a union do our part.We have good leaders ,we have good organizers,as well as good rank and file men,inorder to succeed we have to come togerther to improve moral,make our union stronger,more worker friedly laws to protect our men and women.Keep the hours flowing in,it gradually will hopefully get a 2 years of reserves in the benefits or welfare fund.these are the things that we should be shooting for.,then from there maybe we could improve the dental plan ,when it is substanable.1 most important issue hold contractors responsible who owe benefits to pay up,it definetly would improve everything for everyone,especially for members with familys.Hard work is a head of us,but we all shall prevail witha inner sence of faith andhope and determination to make our brotherhood beter and more efficent to the members.