NYC DISTRICT COUNCIL BYLAW DRAFT AS OF AUGUST 05, 2011

NYC DISTRICT COUNCIL BYLAW DRAFT AS OF AUGUST 05, 2011

Joseph

The most current copy of the Bylaws have been posted on the NYCDC Web site.

This is the copy presented to the court.

Regards

Joseph

Re: NYC DISTRICT COUNCIL BYLAW DRAFT AS OF AUGUST 05, 2011

Daniel J. Franco

Re: NYC DISTRICT COUNCIL BYLAW DRAFT AS OF AUGUST 05, 2011

latham

Re: NYC DISTRICT COUNCIL BYLAW DRAFT AS OF AUGUST 05, 2011

Rolling Rock
 Herbert Hoover, Jr., the son of President Herbert Hoover, played an important role in helping Latham & Watkins gain several early clients, including United Geophysical.
The partnership developed an emphasis on labor law after the passage of the National Labor Relations Act in 1935, which guaranteed collective bargaining. The firm represented employers in many union disputes, and major unions opposed the firm. By the time World War II began in 1939, Latham & Watkins had four attorneys. During the war, the company continued to prosper, in part because many new laws and regulations were enacted as part of the war effort.

Re: NYC DISTRICT COUNCIL BYLAW DRAFT AS OF AUGUST 05, 2011

Bill Lebo
I see very little difference in these bylaws from the last draft. No transparency no accountability to the membership. No membership voice. NO GOOD

Re: NYC DISTRICT COUNCIL BYLAW DRAFT AS OF AUGUST 05, 2011

tester
"Keep Your Eye on the Donut and Not on the Hole"

Re: NYC DISTRICT COUNCIL BYLAW DRAFT AS OF AUGUST 05, 2011

Bill: ditto, this is the same failed system, locals powerless, EST powerful, members have no voice.

Re: NYC DISTRICT COUNCIL BYLAW DRAFT AS OF AUGUST 05, 2011

Screwed
What happened to this submission from Cary Kane?
http://www.scribd.com/doc/57492612/Comments-to-Draft-Bylaws

Re: NYC DISTRICT COUNCIL BYLAW DRAFT AS OF AUGUST 05, 2011

Bill Walsh
There are many issues that were over looked and I have posted these on many sites and also sent them to the Judge. But this one goes to the core of what we stand for. Never work for less money...never.

Section 3; for some reason, someone felt the need to remove the sentence “to reduce the hours of labor”. These words have been in our Bylaws as far back as I can find and is stated the UBC Constitution. This is one of the fundamental principles of what helped to form our union today as we know it. I feel this line should remain in the Bylaws and the UBC Constitution as it is part of our heritage. This is at the core of the posture that uncompromising modern industry and our leadership are trying to achieve, to work more hours for less money. Our society has been formed with this concept in mind. To spend time with your family and friends is very important. In many European countries, one is required to take vacations and time off. After all, if it weren’t for the unions, we wouldn’t have weekends as we know them today.  This is a very important point of order and should be noticed.

Re: NYC DISTRICT COUNCIL BYLAW DRAFT AS OF AUGUST 05, 2011

ANYMEMBER ANYUNION ANYWHERE!!!!!!
Bill where is Dennis Walsh? Wheres Mike Billelo to rally the membership? What has anyone done for the members? Elections for powerless positions is a true slap in the face to r@F. Why hasnt Dennis Walsh clearly stated in his reports that the reason the DC was so corrupt was thats what McCarron wanted so he could impose his will. Why hasnt he place blame of wanton mis managment on McCarron where it truly belongs? Bill you know me I could be any man on a job I know your a good union man please respond Thanks