NO – NO – NOT ME

Norman
ETHNOCENTRIC: having or based on the idea that your own group or culture is better or more important than others
XENOPHOBIA: fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign
PREJUDICE: an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics; an unfair feeling of dislike for a person or group because of race, sex, religion, etc.
- Listen to some of the conversations about “them” and how “they” are ruining everything; “send ‘them’ back to where ‘they’ came from”.
- What are they doing that your parents, grandparents or great grandparents didn’t do? Come here for a better life? - Speak funny? Dress funny? Smelled funky? Took any job that would pay the bills? Don’t believe what ‘we’ do? Want to live with ‘their own kind’? Why do ‘They’ want to live in ‘our’ communities?
- Are ‘they’ to blame? Or should we blame those who exploit “them”? When we march in the streets don’t we say that we’re trying to make ‘them’ the same as us?
- What happened to your family? Did they go back to where they came from or become ‘us’?

Re: NO – NO – NOT ME

one who knows
I think you need a life bro

Re: NO – NO – NOT ME

retired shoppy
What are they doing thatour parent and grandparents didn't do? Well, for one thing they came here
LEGALLY! They didn't jump the line ahead of people waiting for years who've studied their asses off to understand our history, and our way of life, and spent thousands on lawyers to become Legal citizens. When they got off the boat they kissed the ground knowing they were in the land of opportunity, IF THEY FOLLOWED THE LAWS. They went out of they're way to learn english knowing that it would be a great advantage for success. They would never think about recieving welfare. The difference between these immigrants of today, and the immigrants who came to Ellis Island is like the difference between ice cream and leftover brocoli. Oh yeah, they paid taxes too.

Re: NO – NO – NOT ME

Retired #157
Hey Shoppy ,  you hit the nail on the head , they took the jobs that no-body wanted - and yes they learned to speak english -  and some had to change their last names , adding letters or just taking off the vowel . It:s a different world today , too many Free Services and who pays for all of this . We Do . Time to close the doors .

Re: NO – NO – NOT ME

Norman
Are you sure they followed the laws? Would they tell you if they didn't? Learn history, not the BS that you were told. Obey the laws? Read the laws! Start with the anti-discrimination laws. Go back to the anti-Irish and Chinese Exclusion Act. Read how fair the immigration visa rules are to big corporations.

Who's going to pay your union and social security benefits? Are your kids carpenters?

Are you a native American? If not why are you still here? Is it just that you want to just close the doors behind you?

Re: NO – NO – NOT ME

Retired #157
Hey Norman , first how you doing ?  I personaly would like to see them close the doors . Look at all the illeagels comming over the border . I don:t think it:s fair to us ( the country ) to have this cost on top of everything elese . There are so many working off the books and not paying their fair share - -  but it costs anyway . Listen I:m not going to get into a pissing match - - everyone has their beliefs - - you have yours and I have mine , after all this is America - - and we have free speech . And I did (2 ) two tours in a combat zone and have Bronze Star and Commendation Meadals -- and I know what freedom means and feels like . If you never fought for it -  Freedom Has A Taste The Protected Will Never Know.

Before you close the doors ...

Norman
Stop buying from runaway companies that evade paying taxes, like Burger King. Stop buying at companies that won't pay their workers a living wage, like Man Donald's' and Walmart/Sam's Club. You pay less by buying non-union but you pay twice; you pay the public assistance they have to take to survive. What would better serve our ends as union workers? Roundups and deportations, or paring fair wages and benefits? Who will pay your pension and social security without a crop of new workers? The union and the government have already spent all of the 'reserve' funds that were supposed to finance them. Why do you think unfunded pension plans like ours and social security are collapsing?

Re: Before you close the doors ...

Ethics
In your utopia: Are you surrounded by fat men?

Re: NO – NO – NOT ME

Norman, contrary to your views anyone born in this country on our soil is a Native American, so you should get off your high horse on this subject.

We're not all playing hunter-gatherer at the Supermarket or at Walmart. Some of us still plant maze, and vegetables and fruit and we hunt for our own meat. We even have horses and cows. We have hound dogs to track & shoot game such as rabbit, deer & wild turkey.

The building & energy codes no longer allow us to cover our homes with animal hides (you understand - right). Some of us build log cabins too & we heat our homes with trees we fell, cut, split, stack & season. We also make furniture from the trees too (cradles, desks, chairs, tables. We even turn our own baseball bats).

To save money we even reload our own ammo. When rabid animals (bear, coyote, fox etc.) are around, we don't call the ASPCA, animal control or the local TV Stations & cry like woman, nope - we track them down & kill them ourselves. We also use bows & arrows.

We're resourceful and we respect the land and we waste nothing.

Perhaps you should get out of the city once in a while. Your claims that no one else is a native American are absolutely false. Why, it's akin to Clinton or Obama claiming to be the first black President.

If you do leave the city we can teach you how to build fire Norm. Fire good Norm (we wouldn't want you to freeze to death or starve while you are away from the hunter gatherer zone of the local mall).

Re: NO – NO – NOT ME

Ethics
Now, now Ted. If you keep this up,  Norman will accuse you of being an unskilled, uneducated, child terrorist, here to destroy his union.

Re: NO – NO – NOT ME

inside out
when my family came here they renounced their citizenship ( they have dual citizenship ) spoke english flew the american flag and didnt expect the natives to adapt to their culture. look at the military majority are white europeans when are the new worlders gonna start taken the place of the eurpeans  ( never )

Re: NO – NO – NOT ME

FIVE ACES
Renounce/dual citizenship. Impossible my man.

Re: NO – NO – NOT ME

inside out
its possible its america or nothing. ya  know what they should do with todays immigration. after you renounce your citizenship you also have to have no contact with the country they came from for five yrs. this is the test to prove which they want to be american or not