NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

roy ernst
the feds are finishing up right down the street. so if they walk a few blocks   im sure there is some work to be done   like where the money  to off ballytine came from and did our officers vote for that if it was our money.       just a thing to rember. if 1/5 of the members pay that fine.   its onlt 250 dollars.    no big deal.    do the math on 8000 at 250. its 2 million a year.    and i think the number is much higher then 1/5.  probabbly like 3/5.

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

roy ernst
the feds  look like they need somework so they should walk right down the street a few blocks and get at it.     if 1/5. the members pay that 250.   times 8000. that is 2 million dollars a year.   like they dont take enough money off of us now.     the 1/5 number is probabbly more 3/5.     members assitnce program.  nice try.   i on 30 years.  i never heard of any help going to a member in money form.    come on man.   how can we fall for that.

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Mh88
Hey Roy is there anyway we can get together and talk? Do you have a Twitter account? I'd like to talk to you about our interests.

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

roy ernst
I do not have a twitter account or any social media account  I think u send a private email thrw this page

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Mh88
How?

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

rernst
email me your number I will call u back    rernst88@comcast.net

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Eephour
Just got my letter for my 125 fine because of a missed Mup from last year.

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Mh88
Call your local DOL. Explain to them your situation and they will walk you through filling charges. The more members do it the better. Take a stand for your rights!

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Gonzo
Problem is we have had our regional council dissolved TWICE. The bylaws are also dissolved until new ones written by the hand picked rubber stamp pos selling their " brothers" down the river .

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Gonzo
and where is that money accounted for.
I requested copies of ALL financials and paid the copy fee .
No where is there a line item for the latest spencer slush fund .

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Gonzo
The only way it stops is the old school way.
Hoffa
McCullough .

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Gonzo
Bill,
And anyone else whos interested.
I just filled out my taxes and included my MUPS letter and 2 " receipts" equaling 500 dollars from 2018.
My accountant said i will surely trigger an IRS audit of myself ( which is no big deal) BUT more importantly an audit of the UBC kml / nrcc.
Because it is in essence a dues increase and wages were lost or spent beyond your control as a biusiness expense .
Heres hoping .

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Mh88
Fingers crossed 🤞

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Law Breaking ?
So the " required " picketing is still going on in Albany , N.Y. with a computer generated phone call to members of Carpenters Local Union # 291, Albany, N.Y. "  " with an opportunity to fulfill one of your union participation's " by joining  for a Prevailing Wage rally to be held on Monday,  March 25, 2019. They will be meeting at 9:45 AM on State Street at the Empire State Plaza in downtown Albany. call 518-453 - 3619.
" You'll meet the Albany Team Reps to sign in ".

          Is this required participation ?   Is the Albany, N.Y  Local Carpenters Union still breaking the Law ?

I thought this was settled case law with the National labor Relations Board ? What gives ?

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Mh88
Here in Philadelphia a brother filed a charge like Newell did. The reps are told to tell the members that Newell’s case had nothing to do with us, meanwhile on our local 158 websites there sits a notice of the charges and says clear as day that it is illegal! File another charge!!! No it’s plain harassment. William Sproule said and I’ll quote “if you don’t want to do MUPS, go work non-union”  What a great leader he is!!!!

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Law Breaking ?
Brother Newell's case applies to ALL  union Locals within the United Brotherhood of Carpenters.  And it applies to all UNIONS. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Law Breaking ?
This William Sproule guy must be swallowing a lot of Kool Aid among other things.  Albany has lots of swallowers too.

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Mh88
Yep he is our EST. Appointed by the crook himself Doug McCarran. He forces his reps to lie to the members and say that the MUPS are legal. Same old bullshit!!!!

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

Law Breaking ?
Too bad more union members were not computer savvy. Some web masters seem to think that every carpenter has a computer in their toolbox.  As Trump would say...   " so sad " .  The vast majority of the members don't have a clue. We  long for the days of the  Hard Hat News  with Mike Orfelt.

Re: NO MORE FINES in NLRB Ruling Mandatory Union Participation!

roy ernst
is there anyone in local 291 who can tell me if the mupp program was on your website  before the nlrb  agreement  and if u guys still have to do mups now
1234