Members voice

George Lerner
Let's talk about this slate of misfits that claim to be some kind of voice of the rank and file.  Look at this slate and ask yourself if you remember ever working with them on a job. And what that experience might have been like let me refresh your memory they showed up did nothing and complained all day about how bad the union is stiffed the contractor for a few days and got their check then you fixed all the mistakes they made now they want you to vote for them to be delegates. With the same story of how everything sucks don't end up fixing their mistakes again. VOTE FOR THE PROGRESSIVE SLATE

Re: Members voice

Bill Walsh

George,

Sounds like fixing mistakes for "those guys from the hall" perhaps makes you a "steady company man" and have had the bad experience of working with Carpenters not as proficient as you. I can assure you many of the 18 salaried Representatives couldn't put a nail into a bar of soap. If you investigate the Members Voice ticket you will find rank & file Carpenters, just like you, trying to survive without giving up the future. No, we are not all misfits but a proven, dedicated voice of the membership.

Good Luck George!

                  The 157 Progressive Team’s Handbill of Rhetoric and Deceiving Falsehood’s.

Don't believe anything you hear, especially days before this election. Check out the facts and make an educated choice when your voting for you and your families future. It is busier now than it has ever been in New York City and still we give back with our wages and benefits. What will we negotiate with when it gets slow in a few years when we have given everything we can now? Don't be fooled, it will get slow. Most of those who are supporting these bad contracts will be retired collecting two and three pensions. Where will you be?

 * Turning All Jobs to Union Jobs.
Truth: Where has the Progressive Team been for years and did they discover a “Magic Wand” to   achieve this epoch non-union problem?

 * Retire 55 Years Old with Medical!
Truth: Don’t forget to include Premiums, Deductibles, Co-pays, Express Scripts deductibles with medicine costs and then the worst Dental Plan, when you need it the most in your life. One must have 20 years in with 20 credits to retire with benefits. 18 Progressive Teams candidates are Council Business Representatives and all enjoy robust salaries with perks, two pensions and many will appreciate three pensions. They will never work under the sour contracts that they vote "yes" on. Retiree criteria will certainly change now that we have been forced to hire new insider as our Benefit Funds Director from the failed Carpenters Empire Regional Council. The International wants our 5.4 Billion dollars in our Pension Fund and the Progressive Team is setting the stage to usher in the North East Regional Council and dissolve the Consent Decree.

*All Journeymen to get Full Rate on All Jobs!
Truth: Nice Dream, especially after the Progressive Team pushed through all Provisionals, B-Rate, Utility Workers, Wage Cuts and PLA’s that will endure for years. Do the research and you will find out that many Brothers & Sisters are working for a lower rate right now! We gave them Full Mobility and nothing has changed except more members are scared for their jobs and we still have 4000 members waiting on the Out of Work list.

* Get more Apprentices on Jobs and Working with their tools!
Truth: The Progressive Team hasn't enforced this standing contractual rule that has been in previous contracts for years. How many Apprentices do you see on your jobs? With the help from our “Responsible Leaders”, PLA’s have been depleted by the greedy developer’s and the new Progressive Team’s cure has been adding B-Rate Carpenters with Provisionals to take work away from our Apprentices. These “new” Addendum's are just templates to standing contracts and will be shepherded into the fresh contract negotiations in June 2017, on ALL job's. When the water level goes down, all boats will go down also, except the salaried employees at the Council who vote "YES" to all these contracts. Check their voting records for the proof.

* Winning Prevailing Wage for all jobs 421a Legislation & Local Law 220.
Fact: This has been an ongoing battle in NY State Government and for the Progressive Team to take credit for a fight that has been led by others is repugnant. Yes, we are helping with the battle but don't make it sound like we are doing it alone.

* Agreements such as Brookfeild (25 million Sq Ft Guaranteed for 20 years)
20 years!? Our market share hasn't gone up in over 20 years and they Guarantee this bold statement? Contracts change when its good for them and the developers. Just look at last months Addendum that was pushed threw to a standing contract with the Wall & Ceiling. It isn't even up until next June 2017 and they changed this one while it isn't even up yet!

Don't fall for the Rhetoric and Deceiving Falsehood’s. This is your future at stake and if you choose the wrong candidates, we will all pay for it. Responsible Leaders Making Responsible Decisions------don't forget the little guy on the tools.

                                         Vote Members Voice on June 23, 2016
fly

Re: council sell outs

fly
OMG, I know, can you believe the progressive slate was nominated by a guy whose entire career in carpentry was two years at the javits? they chose a second year apprentice to nominate them. to be fair I think a lot of guys on the giveback slate were too embarrassed to even show up for nominations. And there are a wealth of characters on the sellout slate, you have demarato who is hoping that he wont have to resign this time like the last time, maybe he can get his job at the council back too.
Cant blame him for looking to get back working at the council, two raises a year, free car, four pensions, and his entire slate wants to cut our wages by $20,000 a year. 10% raise if you work in the council and 10% paycut if you work in the field.
but at least they are all consistent,, everyone on this slate who ever managed to get elected has voted for every paycut for the guys in the field. you wou think they just want members for the dues but that would be true.
If you want to work for $35 an hour vote for the sell outs who are trying to make it a reality. If you want to make a living, vote members voice, we are in the same boat as you.

Re: Members voice

TRUTH
Why not just plan a warrior battle of slate-verses-slate on a Sunday in Central park with cardboard swords, dressed as  ballerina's? I'm sure that whatever slate is victorious will get annual  raises, multiple pensions,  and ignore the plight of the working man with equal vigor. It's all about getting on the gravy train, and fuck the truth. The common rank and filer is too afraid to vote, because if the wrong vote is cast, he will be out of a job. So with little turnout by the people who need to vote, another season of "we take more, and you get less" will be established, and the common worker will be ignored for another 50 years. You want to change things, Burn McCarron and his band of thieves down, and rebuild the UBC from the inside out.

Re: Members voice

Retired #157
Good Luck to you Bill Walsh and Members Voice .