Members Voice Address to the Membership

Sons Of Liberty
Yesterday , June 24th, 2016 -- a date which will live in infamy -- the Membership was suddenly and deliberately attacked by the Empire and those who work at 395 Hudson St.

While The Members of Local 157 had just begun to feel good about the election of their chosen Delegates, early in the morning the enemy had commenced bombing on our elected Delegates of the Members Voice. One Members Voice Delegate was Terminated while others were facing termination as well.

It shall be recorded that the attack was deliberate ,  and planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time , the Empire (395) had deliberately sought to deceive the membership by false statements and expressions of hope for the membership.

The attack yesterday on the Members Voice has caused severe damage to the membership and I regret to tell you that one elected Members Voice Delegate has paid with it with his livelihood of instructor at the apprentice school. In addition , other Members Voice Delegates are under attack as we speak.

The Enemy has, therefore undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the membership. The facts of yesterday speak for themselves. The members of Local 157 have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our union.

As members have requested , I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense. But always will our membership remember the character of the onslaught against us.

No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated attack, the membership in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, the membership, or union ,and our interests are in grave danger.

With confidence in our membership, with the unbounding determination of our membership, we will gain the inevitable triumph -- so help us God.

I ask that the membership declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by the Empire (395 Hudson St.) on Friday, June 24th,2016, a state of war has existed between the members elected slate of Members Voice and the Empire at 395 Hudson St.

Re: Members Voice Address to the Membership

Tinker to Ebers
I have seen the enemy. They are faceless, cowardly,and without honour.  We shall strike down upon them with all the vengeance of the Membership. For ours is the voice of truth. The wicked shall be expunged.  No more. You take one. We take two.

Re: Members Voice Address to the Membership

The Flusher
Nothing  but useless leftover 608 turds that were flushed.Nothing more Nothing less😆

Re: Members Voice Address to the Membership

TRUTH
The instructor wasn't fired, he was "outsourced". The skirmishes of which you speak, are just "growing pains" After all, it is just one big happy brotherhood at 395 Hudson st., right?

Re: Members Voice Address to the Membership

John A Diaz
I  promise you this there is a time coming where the members will speak as one voice, and say enough is enough. I mean these are the busiest times New York City has seen in many years, hours are steadily coming in. And our benefits are stagnant I mean we haven't been given back our life insurance,  copay and deductibles are high and there are still premiums that the retiree has to pay each month.  Let us return to what once promised that our retirees be looked after. I promise till my last breath that I will continue to speak out against such unfairness ,even the active members suffer with having to have worked for 80% pay working with b rate carpenters instead of putting our apprenticesite to work. even with lower life insurance as well.  I KEEP SAYING THE DISTRICT COUNCIL KEEPS GIVING THE CONTRACTOR EVERY CONCESSION REQUESTED NOW WHEN TIMES ARE BUSY, WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO ASK FOR WHEN IT IS SLOW???  NOW IS THE TIME TO HOLD FAST REMEMBER THEY NEED OUR WORKFORCE AS MUCH AS WE NEED THEM.  At last even the company men and foreman all hold cards, hold them to their Truemail union beliefs and lots all come together to make this union a union that says ALL FOR ONE, AND ONE FOR ALL -THAT IS THE TRUE DEFINITION OF BEING A TRUE UNION MEMBER.  Believe me even th he company men and. woman are concerned about the future of this industry.  A time is coming when we will all come together as one and say we will not stand for all the disrespect we are getting Peter Jackson McGuire. must be rolling over in his grave to see how far back this industry has become. we are losing , instead of winning .  NEW YORK CITY IS AND SHOULD ALWAYS REMAIN A UNION TOWN. WE NEED TO CALL A CITY SHUT DOWN I MEAN ALL LOCALS ALL ASPECTS OF THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY AND SAY THERE WILL BE NO UNION BUSTING ANY FURTHER. WE NEED TO TAKE BACK OUR CITY AND CAST OUT ALL THE NON UNION INFECTION BEFORE IT NOT ONLY GROWS BUT COMPLETELY WIPES US OUT.  TIME WILL TELL ALL pay attention to the call and make sure you attend and participate  together is the only way things are going to change.  God bless all
RDK

Re: Members Voice Address to the Membership

RDK
I'M SORRY TO SAY THE MEMBERSHIP WAS NOT ATTACKED FOR THE FIRST TIME ON JUNE 24, 2016.   THE DISABLED MEMBERSHIP WERE ATTACKED ON FEBRUARY 1, 2016 WHEN THEY TERMINATION LETTERS CEASING ALL MEDICAL BENEFITS FOR THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES STARTING AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.  MANY OF THOSE MEMBERS HAVE HOURS WORKED IN EXCESS OF THE VALUE OF 24 VESTED CREDITS, BUT HOURS DON'T MATTER.   OUR CONTRIBUTIONS DON'T MATTER.  THE BROTHERHOOD HAVE NOT DEMONSTRATED ONCE.   THE DELEGATES ARE MESSENGER BOYS TO THE BENEFIT FUND.  IN THE FACES OF ALL DISABLED TWO CHIEF EXECUTIVE FINANCIAL OFFICERS WERE HIRED AND THE DISABLED ARE PAYING FOR THEM.   TAKING BENEFITS FROM THE DISABLED WAS CLEARLY A DELIBERATE ATTACK ON MEMBERS.  IF THEY CAN DO THIS, WATCH OUT WHEN THE NEXT RECESSION ROLLS AROUND.   FYI.... DISABLED MEMBERS VOTE, PAY DUES, AND SUPPORT THE UNION.  DISABLED MEMBERS ARE PART OF THE BUILDING BLOCKS THAT MAKE UP THE BROTHER/SISTERHOOD...

Re: Members Voice Address to the Membership

Retired #157
 Hey John ,  a city shut down will get attension  - -  do you remember when we had that big protest - -  if I:m right it was against M.T.A. -  -  we shut down mid town Manhattan ( in the 90:s ) The only thing shutting down Jobs for a day only hurts the guy:s in their pocket -- no one elese . Very hard to stop non union --  they can do a job cheaper than union , not as qualified , but money talk:s . John they are growing year after year , also you have union guy:s that are Layed Off working for some of them . I wish I new the answer , and I hope you or one of the other members come up with the answer , if not it:s gonna get worse - - just like co-pays go up . Well , Good Luck Partner - - Gotta Get The Membership To Unite . Strength Comes In Numbers .
NYC

Re: Members Voice Address to the Membership

NYC
It's been six years since Force went up the river and soon to be five since the membership was spoon fed, by the feds, McCarrons reorganizations will and a crooked o'paid representational system. McCarron had little to worry about in NYC whereabouts around the country the likes of someone like Walsh and the courts did not do his bidding. There was no mounted threat against the UBC ELSEWHEREand there once was the hope of an open revolt in ny, but all but a few pussied out.

McCarron has now crippled the the retirees hopes of a healthy end of life scenario by demanding you pay Obama cares exorbitant monthly premiums and deductibles.