Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

Bill Walsh

Check out our web site to see candidates who always put the membership first in New York City.

Choose Delegate leadership with a proven track record of speaking up for the membership and not the Council agenda.

The future is in your hands, make the smart choice, vote for leaders that work alongside you on a daily basis and truly understand your concerns.

MembersVoice157.com

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

Bill Walsh

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

EBOARD GAME OF THRONES
Full 'O' SHIT!!

YOU WERE HANDED THE TOOLS ( BY THE MEMBERS) NECESSARY TO HALT THE COUNCIL BUT CHOSE TO IGNORE THAT VESTED AUTHORITY!

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

Bill Walsh
If one doesn't post their name, the post will not be considered. No cowards allowed on this page.

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

RICO
Looks like MEMBERS JOKE is at it again.

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

KNOW NAME
No name here;

They had their  chance to turn things aground and ignored the only voice that mattered;

A ratified motion to claim control of the local

AND THEY BLEW IT!!!!!!!!

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

John A Diaz
I SAID BEFORE AND I WILL STAND BY MY OPINION ****IT IS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO BE A BUSINESS REPRESENTATIVE/ORGANIZER OR HOLD ANY COUNCIL SEAT AND BE A DELEGATE***** THE TRUE DELEGATE 1.) GOES TO UNION MEETINGS 2.) VOTES BASED SOLELY ON HOW THE MEMBERSHIP FEELS IS RIGHT NOT THEIR OWN AGENDA.

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

Know Name
2.) VOTES BASED SOLELY ON HOW THE MEMBERSHIP FEELS IS RIGHT NOT THEIR OWN AGENDA.

EXACTLY:

Mr. Diaz, as previously stated;

Once 157 had the ability to enforce that precise political power you'd have to wonder what was in the minds of eboard personal as they decided not to enforce it via they're legal counsel.

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

TRUTH
Congress? OR 157 Delegate??

1. A base annual salary of $174,000
Admittedly, there should be some premium in pay for setting the laws and running the country as elected officials, and certain companies do grant their employees exorbitant pay packages, but being a member of Congress includes a minimum annual paycheck of $174,000, which is more than three times higher than the average private-sector salary of $51,986 in 2010, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

Source: Global X, Flickr.
2. Free airport parking
How much would you pay for an airport parking spot that was directly next to the terminal you landed at? For Congress, it's a big fat zero. At one time in its history, long before the Airport Authority controlled Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Dulles International Airport in the Washington, D.C., area, the federal government operated them. When the Airport Authority took over in 1987, as a courtesy, it kept 92 combined spots reserved between both airports for members of Congress. At a rate of $22 per day, that represents almost $740,000 in forgone revenue annually for Reagan National.

3. A free, on-site gym for House members
Not only are members of the House of Representatives treated to their own exclusive gym, but it also comes with flat-screen TVs, a swimming pool, a sauna and stream room, and paddleball and basketball courts. This wouldn't be too bad, except that Congress kept its gym open during all 16 days of the government shutdown, putting the onus of cleaning and maintenance fees squarely on taxpayers.

4. Weakened insider trading restrictions
Despite passing the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge Act, perhaps known better as the STOCK Act in 2012, Congress gutted the primary disclosure component earlier this year. While still making it difficult to make trades on inside information, this means they don't have to publicly disclose their trades and potential insider knowledge. It's laudable they passed the restrictions, but it's hard keep them honest if it's difficult to access the information.

5. Up to 239 days off
According to the congressional calendar released in late 2012, there were 126 congressional sessions on the docket without a single five-day work week, leaving members of Congress with 239 days to work outside of Congress. Sometimes this means working within their home state, and in other cases it can mean a vacation. Members of Congress get the entire month of August off, get two weeks around Easter off, and weren’t scheduled to work a single weekend, according to this year’s docket. Of course, the congressional docket can be changed and, as we saw as recently as the debt-ceiling debate, members of Congress will indeed work weekends as deemed necessary.

6. Congress receives health-care subsidies under Obamacare
Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare, individuals are required to have health insurance or face a penalty that increases each year through 2016. For individuals earning less than four times the annual poverty level (about $46,000) or families earning less than four times the poverty level (close to $92,000), they are eligible to receive a partial or full subsidy on their health insurance through Obamacare's health exchanges. Congress, however, also gets a large portion of its health insurance subsidized by the public on Obamacare's health exchanges despite making more than four times the poverty level.

Source: Tax Credits, Flickr.
7. A better retirement plan
According to figures from the U.S. Census Bureau, the average Social Security recipient is going to net $15,000 a year in benefits while a public workers' pension will average around $26,000. By contrast, a retired member of Congress who's served 20 years will average $59,000 annually in pension benefits. In addition, Congress members (actually all federal workers) have access to the Thrift Savings Plan, a 401(k)-like investment vehicle with fees of just 0.03%. To put that into context, Bankrate notes that this means just $0.27 in fees for every $1,000 for the Thrift Savings Plan, compared with the average 401(k), which charges around $5 in fees for every $1,000! Over a lifetime, that can mean thousands less in fees for congressional employees compared to public- and private-sector workers.

8. Members of Congress fly free
OK, so not every flight is free for members of Congress, but a vast majority of flights between their home states and Washington, D.C., are funded with taxpayer money. What's really unique is that lawmakers are afforded the ability by airlines to book themselves on multiple flights without being charged multiple times because of their very liquid schedules.

9. Death benefits
Should a member of Congress be killed while in office, the surviving family of that member would be entitled to receive at least one year's worth of salary, or a minimum of $174,000. In contrast, family members of soldiers in the United States armed forces who perish while defending our country domestically or overseas are entitled to $100,000 in military death benefits, as well as funeral and burial expenses.

10. A $1.2 million to $3.3 million allowance
Members of the House receive a $900,000 annual allowance for a staff as well as a $250,000 budget for travel and office expenses, paid for entirely by taxpayers. Each senator, on the other hand, gets a budget close to $3.3 million based on figures from the Congressional Research Service. Again, certain companies do offer lavish pay packages and perks to employees so it may be a bit hypocritical to pick on Congress for this one point. However, I’m not aware of any business out there where all employees equally get at least $1.2 million in expenses at their disposal.

A secret billion-dollar stock opportunity
The world's biggest tech company forgot to show you something, but a few Wall Street analysts and the Fool didn't miss a beat: There's a small company that's powering their brand-new gadgets and the coming revolution in technology. And we think its stock price has nearly unlimited room to run for early-in-the-know investors!

http://www.politifact.com/new-jersey/statements/2012/oct/25/jesse-ventura/jesse-ventura-says-convicted-congressmen-senators-/

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

Know Name
Congress? OR 157 Delegate??

Matters not for;

THEY BOTH IGNORE THE WILL OF A CONSTITUENCY!

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

Bill Walsh

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

TRUTH
It doesn't take over 100 idiots to screw up a New York local as bad as 157 is. You could get the same amount of inefficiency out of twelve fresh illegal aliens after you teach em to speak English, no matter what you name their slate.

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

TRUTH
Can ANYONE on the members slate shit ice cream? Does it take a visit from Michael Capelli to designate the correct flavor? Does Bill Walsh shit a special flavor called " I must know everyone's name"?

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

Sons of liberty
The first thing is to understand what is the purpose of a union. This is not a joke to make foolish comments about our sisters and brothers. Its about what each of our members want out of this.
We have been given the opportunity that Carpenters stand together as one unit (Union), to fight for a standard that consist of; a livable wage, health care, pension and respect as a union carpenter.
When we have to lower our standard we have to reconsider " what the heck is going on with our leaders".
I don't think that there is a union carpenter outside swinging a hammer , installing drywall,flooring, hanging cabinets, build concrete form etc. wants to work for less pay and benefits.
Lets value our time working together and come up with a solution that works for all carpenters.
Educate the members about how decision are made . The power of a delegate is to vote on contracts, protect our constitution and its members.
 The delegates body is made up of 100 delegates. It breaks down to local 20 - 3 delegates local 45-8 local 157-43 local 740- 2 local 926-8 local 1556-16 local 2287-5 local 2790-11 and the newest local 212 -4
total 100 delegates.
Not all delegates work with there tools , which means they don't work under the same agreement as the carpenters that work with there tools. The reduction of wages and benefits" DOES NOT" effect there pay and benefits at all. Who are these delegates? They are the people that work full time as council reps and organizers. If they believe in our union maybe they should work under the same agreement. If they get a reduction in wages and benefit they would fight the same fight and feel the same hurt that we the carpenters feel. Instead they work under a pay band system and when we get a raise they get a raise plus they get a review once or twice a year to step up in salary and they never get a reduction in pay. I believe that what we have to do is to help out these council reps and organizer and just have them do their jobs. let the tools carpenters fight for there wages and benefits. It effects us directly.
Take a good look at the history and open your eyes and tell yourself are we are moving in the right direction. Go back and look at who voted in the best interest of your future. It tell me that the delegates that voted for all of the PLAs and Reduction of benefit .
Who works for the council and the organizing departments?
John Sheehy,Graham McHugh,Edward McWilliams,Paul Capurso,Brain Brady,Donald Foley,Anthony Madaio,Thomas McKeon,Denis Pupovic,Michael Odenthal,Kenneth Bluhm,Jeremy Milin,Eamon Carey,Louis Norelli,Anthony Demarco,Tamara Rivera,Gerald Matthews.
Please if you gets chance ask anyone on the progress slate why are you on a slate that there record is give back wages and benefits.This is a time in the New York city history that construction is the busiest. What do you think is going to happen when the city is not busy? What do we have to give back.
To All of the men and women Who are working under the tools agreement and not just the 157 local but all locals that are involed with the delegates election good luck in the election .
 For the record I support  The 2016 MEMBERS VOICE SLATE . ITS a fight that is worth fighting . Never give up.Our Future is counting on it.

Re: Members Voice 2016 "Putting the Membership First"

TRUTH
Cold Stone creamery and the members slate are teaming up to bring you the best flavors of McCarron's frozen concoctions.
Visit 241 W 42nd St,
New York, NY 10036 **NEW** Now Serving Tim Horton's / Times Square (E Walk) (212) 398-1938

  To see members slate in action, squatting down on the frozen slab and doing live performances for your viewing pleasure.......