MUPS

Mh88
What was the verdict up in New York about mups? Anyone hear anything?

Re: MUPS

ole timer
yes mccarron said no mups where ''count me in'' picket
the boys are in a shit load over durst

Re: MUPS

sock puppet
We hear that Brother Newell from upstate New York has filed a new Unfair Labor Practice Charge against Local Union # 291 and the New England Regional Council. This charge is in relation to a lack of work referrals even though Newell is on the Out of Work List. They continue to blow him off. His filing of Unfair Labor Practice Charges over a year ago is in conjunction with MANDATORY Union Picketing and Handbilling. He asserts that it is illegal to MANDATE picketing and handbilling ( union participation ) under threat of a fine...  Those charges are currently working their way through the National Labor Relations Board maze.

Re: MUPS

Mh88
Thanks. And the corruption goes on!!!

Re: MUPS

Sam Tarallo
Between all the mergers going on,all the wheeling and dealing,we are losing markets are and power in our own backyard,the international is interested in there own agenda,members,rank and file being screwed,its justs a matter of time when they take medical away from retired carpenter s,what a disgrace. And shame,they are only interested in there agenda,its all about money,screw the members ,pretty soon,mergers will happen in Ny,they are all drinking the cool aid,members good and bad,it foes not matter who u are,we are all being screwed,it is s bey bad situation that could be changed,if our whole union would protest,shut down Hudson yards,protest every damn job in the city,we need to get in media,all hell needs to break lose,its bad for organized labor ,it's especially bad for all the retires that worked so hard to make us a great strong union with good benefits no poor retires are being screwed,the whole state of out union is a sad story,if we all stuck together,it would not be this way,we need all the help,or a miracle to make it better for everyome

Re: MUPS

friend of gene Debs
  Brother John Newell Jr, a member of Local Union # 291, Albany, N.Y. has won his National Labor Relations Board  Unfair Labor Practice Charge ( 03-CB-201872 ) against the Carpenters Union in relation to Mandatory Union Participation.  Members can no longer be FINED for NOT participating in the MUP program.
 Local Unions affected by this Settlement Agreement are as follows :
New Jersey Local Unions # 251,253,and 254.
Pennsylvania Local Unions # 158, and 173.
Delaware Local Union # 164
New Jersey / Delaware/ Maryland Local Union # 255.
New York Local Union # 291.
          A NLRB Posted Notice will appear for membership perusal on the NLRB Website, Union Hall websites, and Local Union day halls. If the Posted Notices are not available at the union sites listed that becomes a violation of the Settlement Agreement.

Brother Newell has another Charge pending against the union for discriminatory work referral violations.

EH

Re: MUPS

EH
Is a 100 percent done deal its hard to find any related concrete documents on this matter