Local 370 Members shoot down Council controlled bylaws

Local 370 Members shoot down Council controlled bylaws

Richard Dorrough
At our monthly meeting just hours ago local 370 members rejected all wording in our new bylaws that made us subservient to the Empire Council.
     In his move to seize control of our Local,Job dispatching and jobs Hatchet Jack Garrison decided we needed new bylaws at local 370. Bylaws with wording that gave complete control of our Local to the Empire Council. The membership went step by step through these bylaws and voted to strike any wording that gave control of our local to the council."The local Union will be bound by the bylaws,Trade Rules and directives of the Council" "Any changes in monthly dues at the local must be approved by the Council" "Any changes to the Local bylaws must be approved by the Council" and etc.. The council paid rats were livid and tried everything to stop the rejection of Council dominance but failed as members removed any wording giving council control over our local. The new bylaws reflecting the will of the Local 370 members will be voted on at Local 370 in March

Re: Local 370 Members shoot down Council controlled bylaws

Richard Dorrough
Hmmm. One has to wonder how this was possible if the propaganda spew posted by anon is correct and the UBC Constitution gives the councils all control over the Locals. As I said. Pure BS

Re: Local 370 Members shoot down Council controlled bylaws

Good Job Richard, glad someone gets it.

also, per Carpenters Local 925 5-22-86 & NLRB Board Decision & Order, page 2 (1052 on NLRB), 2nd Par, Right Side....:FINDINGS OF FACT...."Respondent Local, a Labor Organization....

It does not matter legally how the Council Structure came about - the fact remains that contrary to "ANON: posts, UBC Locals are and always shall be "Labor Organizations" as defined by the NLRA & 29USC......TO DATE, NO BOARD DECISION, NO APPELLATE COURT DECISION OR U.S. SUPREME CT. DECISION or Congress has overturned same. (ANON's lies aside)

"but for" the Per Capita Tax, the Councils/Intermediate bodies cease to exist. Contrary to Harrington v. Chao & the bogus proposition that Union Members do not have the right to seek & choose representatives of one's own choosing stands the unaltered NLRA, Section 7 Rights stating union members do have the right to vote.

Bare in mind that said decision has only been upheld in one ciruit court of Appeals, that being the First Circuit. That McCARRON & CREW BOUGHT & PAID FOR THAT DECISION, also does not negate what the law says in plain and clear langauge, as Congress wrote it.

McCarrons had a good rund at screwing the Members over, but his days are numbered. One contrary decision, in one other Circuit Court in the U.S.A. makes the entire issue "ripe" for Supreme Court review....and they will have a field day with the First Circuits inept-incompetent ruling beyond their knowledge or comprehension of the law to decide. This is fully without consideration of 5th & 14th Amendment Constitutional issues being argued or subsequent Voting Amendments being considered.

When all items are put into the equation (into a challenge case, making it ripe for review), the right to a direct vote of the members shall be upheld. Kansas City is probably the best bet to do this. AUD can help....we need someone to set up an escrow account & start taking donations for the legal challenges ahead, as it takes money to win...at a minimum, interested UBC members should front the cost of the paper & ink, mailings, office expenses etc that those who would help us need to survive...we do that & keep em well fed, they can win this.

and ANON - simply repeating something 5-million times doesn't make it so...the law says what it means & means what it says - period....re-read section 7 & try & spin that into the Council or International has the right to Vote for me, you, anyone else. It does not.

Re: Local 370 Members shoot down Council controlled bylaws

iamlistman@yahoo.com
What do we do in NY where there are " sham" elections. We cant say that at "sham" meetings. Tell our "sham" eboards ?

Re: Local 370 Members shoot down Council controlled bylaws

Richard - What is the counter move of Local 370, should the Council & their Attorneys through McCarron try to seize control-shut down Local 370?

Re: Local 370 Members shoot down Council controlled bylaws

iamlistman@yahoo.com
TED I CAN TELL YOUR ONE WITH THE AWARENESS OF MIND TO BE INVOLVED W/ D.FRANCO & CO.
 THEY'RE ON THIS PAGE,-DORROUGH'S GOT IT, THE BOYS ALL OVER ARE ON THIS EXACT PAGE.

CONSTITUIONAL AMENDMENTS CHANGED AS A RESULT OF THE CONVENTION WHEREIN AND BUT FOR THE POPULUS OF LCL & COUNCIL DELEGATES BEING CRIMINALS NOT TO METION SNEAKS BY NOT INVOLVING US BEFORE THEY GO TO THERE, SIMPLY CANT STAND. LOOK HOW THEY RAN THE MEETS IN NY, THEY GO TO JAIL AND VIOLA DOUG ALREADY HAS WHAT HE WANTS.

ON THE BACKS OF MEMBERS PLACE NOT THE RESTRICTIVE TENOR AND INTENT BY THOSE DEEPLY SOILED & IMPRISONED WHO CAUSED SUCH HEARTACHE, DISPARIGMENT, AND TRUE BLIGHT  !

Re: Local 370 Members shoot down Council controlled bylaws

iamlistman@yahoo.com
This is the cause Richard.   Dilligence toward this,  a most common of themes,  as the most prolific ground wherein the whole bortherhood isn't necessary to best put forth the proper argument.

Once the feds got done telliing us what we already knew, That we were hoodwinked by too many reps & delegates & Mcarron utilizing  post facto supervision ( where every red flag that could have been raised, -was ) to implement pro corporate agenda's. He lucked into the thone in cali because his bosses, - the men he worked under were headed to jail.

The previous 15 years of  years of these sneak moves is diametrically opposed to what a union is.

I totally agree the Constitution states not these powers he claims and this is the Megalomania he strives for.

I got this Bush, - Got it Diane, -Got it Obama,-Got it NLRB, DOL, The Secy of labor fought on my behalf for mobility, saying its more important to society in general, " in the changing market driven environment".
Everyone but Union members seem to think they know whats best !

Take back your council before you loose the UBC !