Local 157 Progressive Team---Good for you?!

Local 157 Progressive Team---Good for you?!

Bill Walsh
                    The 157 Progressive Team’s Handbill of Rhetoric and Deceiving Falsehood’s.

Don't believe anything you hear, especially days before this election. Check out the facts and make an educated choice when your voting for you and your families future. It is busier now than it has ever been in New York City and still we give back with our wages and benefits. What will we negotiate with when it gets slow in a few years when we have given everything we can now? Don't be fooled, it will get slow. Most of those who are supporting these bad contracts will be retired collecting two and three pensions. Where will you be?

 * Turning All Jobs to Union Jobs.
Truth: Where has the Progressive Team been for years and did they discover a “Magic Wand” to   achieve this epoch non-union problem?

 * Retire 55 Years Old with Medical!
Truth: Don’t forget to include Premiums, Deductibles, Co-pays, Express Scripts deductibles with medicine costs and then the worst Dental Plan, when you need it the most in your life. One must have 20 years in with 20 credits to retire with benefits. 18 Progressive Teams candidates are Council Business Representatives and all enjoy robust salaries with perks, two pensions and many will appreciate three pensions. They will never work under the sour contracts that they vote "yes" on. Retiree criteria will certainly change now that we have been forced to hire new insider as our Benefit Funds Director from the failed Carpenters Empire Regional Council. The International wants our 5.4 Billion dollars in our Pension Fund and the Progressive Team is setting the stage to usher in the North East Regional Council and dissolve the Consent Decree.

*All Journeymen to get Full Rate on All Jobs!
Truth: Nice Dream, especially after the Progressive Team pushed through all Provisionals, B-Rate, Utility Workers, Wage Cuts and PLA’s that will endure for years. Do the research and you will find out that many Brothers & Sisters are working for a lower rate right now! We gave them Full Mobility and nothing has changed except more members are scared for their jobs and we still have 4000 members waiting on the Out of Work list.

* Get more Apprentices on Jobs and Working with their tools!
Truth: The Progressive Team hasn't enforced this standing contractual rule that has been in previous contracts for years. How many Apprentices do you see on your jobs? With the help from our “Responsible Leaders”, PLA’s have been depleted by the greedy developer’s and the new Progressive Team’s cure has been adding B-Rate Carpenters with Provisionals to take work away from our Apprentices. These “new” Addendum's are just templates to standing contracts and will be shepherded into the fresh contract negotiations in June 2017, on ALL job's. When the water level goes down, all boats will go down also, except the salaried employees at the Council who vote "YES" to all these contracts. Check their voting records for the proof.

* Winning Prevailing Wage for all jobs 421a Legislation & Local Law 220.
Fact: This has been an ongoing battle in NY State Government and for the Progressive Team to take credit for a fight that has been led by others is repugnant. Yes, we are helping with the battle but don't make it sound like we are doing it alone.

* Agreements such as Brookfeild (25 million Sq Ft Guaranteed for 20 years)
20 years!? Our market share hasn't gone up in over 20 years and they Guarantee this bold statement? Contracts change when its good for them and the developers. Just look at last months Addendum that was pushed thru to a standing contract with the Wall & Ceiling. It isn't even up until next June 2017 and they changed this one while it isn't even up yet!

Don't fall for the Rhetoric and Deceiving Falsehood’s. This is your future at stake and if you choose the wrong candidates, we will all pay for it. Responsible Leaders Making Responsible Decisions------don't forget the little guy on the tools.

                                         Vote Members Voice on June 23, 201
6
NYC

Re: Local 157 Progressive Team---Good for you?!

NYC
WTF Bill, your slate includes those who support long term Brookfield contracts.

Do you know this?

Re: Local 157 Progressive Team---Good for you?!

Bill Walsh
Perhaps some hopeful Delegates imagined securing Union jobs for 20 years was a sound idea back than but now they are adding Addendum's that will change all deals on the table moving forward. Just another tactic to distort the rules of fairness. Remember when they said there will be only six PLA’s in NYC? Well, how did that work out? Now they exhausted PLA’s and the new flavor of the month is “B-Rate and Provisional Carpenters”. Look what just happened with the Wall & Ceiling Addendum. Why are we adding an Appendix to an already established, legally bounded contract? It’s not changing the existing W&C contract but this afterthought in eleven months will be theoretically be used as a “boilerplate” template to usher in the new contract that will affect all members throughout our industry.

Oh, by the way, any thoughts on the other five important topics addressed above?
NYC

Re: Local 157 Progressive Team---Good for you?!

NYC
As to the remains 5 topics, in just a bit.

Let me preface my comments by quoting you, as to a direct conversation the two of us once had concerning bad choices by some of these so called " new to seeing the light" delegates.

"You can't put that toothpaste back in the tube"

And before you ponder the possibility that I am either a McCarron supporter or in any way shape or form approve of the business and individuals steering the NYCDCC ship, let me assure you I DO NOT.

"Perhaps some hopeful delegates imagined..........."

The individuals I speak of were then intelligent enough to realize that whatever was being done ie: adding adddendums, was already being done nationwide.
They had many years of knowledge regarding the transformative "reorganizational plan" way before it came to NYC. But yet they put their undying shortsightedness, and possible ass kissing ahead of what the members " VOICES" were telling them to do.
 So in regard to what you say in regard to distortion of the rules of fairness, NOT ABIDING TO THOSE "MEMBERS VOICES" was rather unfair, don't you think?

The only boilerplate that is applicable here, and this crosses to all locals, is that anyone who was previously a delegate wishing to remain one, or currently a member hoping to be one,  who supported any "unfair" scrapper helper concept or in the  case of the MWA different  rates of pay for journeyman were again following such a boilerplate that was available for consumption as NYC was the last possible fight against such division of the trade.

In view of previous voting recoords;
These newly enlightened candidates for the " new and improved members voice" knew one thing above all else in deciding what they should/not have voted for however sound the idea sounded at the time.
History will repeat itself,
THAT MCCARRON'S INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING ANY OF THE SUBJECT MATTER YOU LIST WOULD BE INSTITUTED BECAUSE HIS MINIONS INFILTRATE SLATES JUST AS BEEN DESCIBED.
Remember the lesson named Bilello & Lebow.

Oh and by  the  way Bill, those mob nicknames, - Cigars & Terror,  TWO WORDS, - TERM LIMITS!

Give me a couple of days as to your other five subjects, like after the election for it matters not that by looking at some of those names, it is already too late.