Lawyer for disabled carpenter health care benefits

Lawyer for disabled carpenter health care benefits

Bennett
There are over 870 families affected by this, and we need to band together as a brotherhood. Contact Harvey Mars, as many already have for this issue. He is already investigating. All info below.
http://www.harveymarsattorney.com/

Number: 212-765-4300

Re: Lawyer for disabled carpenter health care benefits

Ted
U.S. SUPREME COURT
CHEMICAL WORKERS v. PITTSBURGH GLASS (1971)

excerpt:
[ Footnote 17 ] The additional interests that the Board found active employees have in pensioners' benefits were properly dealt with by the Court of Appeals below and do not need extended consideration here. The Board stated that "the Union and current employees have a legitimate interest in assuring that negotiated retirement benefits [404 U.S. 157, 177]   are in fact paid and administered in accordance with the terms and intent of their contracts . . . ." 177 N. L. R. B., at 915. That interest is undeniable. But Congress has specifically established a remedy for breaches of collective-bargaining agreements in 301 of the Labor Management Relations Act. 61 Stat. 156, 29 U.S.C. 185. See, e. g., Upholsterers' Int'l Union v. American Pad & Textile Co., 372 F.2d 427 (CA6 1967). Similarly, Congress has expressly provided for employee representation in the administration of trust funds under 302 (c) (5) of that Act.

excerpt:
[Footnote 20] The reach and rationale of Howard are a matter of some conjecture. See Cox, The Duty of Fair Representation, 2 Vill. L. Rev. 151, 157-159 (1957). But whatever its theory, the case obviously does not require a union affirmatively to represent nonbargaining unit members or to take into account their interests in making bona fide economic decisions in behalf of those whom it does represent. This does not mean that when a union bargains for retirees - which nothing in this opinion precludes if the employer agrees - the retirees are without protection. Under established contract principles, vested retirement rights may not be altered without the pensioner's consent. See generally Note, 70 Col. L. Rev. 909, 916-920 (1970). The retiree, moreover, would have a federal remedy under 301 of the Labor Management Relations Act for breach of contract if his benefits were unilaterally changed. See Smith v. Evening News Assn., 371 U.S. 195, 200 -201 (1962); Lewis v. Benedict Coal Corp., 361 U.S. 459, 470 (1960).

RDK

Re: Lawyer for disabled carpenter health care benefits

RDK
Sadly the families do have to band together as nobody will band with them.  Not a trustee, union rep, fellow brothers/sisters were at Hudson Street today to offer support and face the 3% of the Union they have dismissed.  We are on our own but we are not going anywhere quietly.

Re: Lawyer for disabled carpenter health care benefits

Dorothy Comneck
I cannot belive this is going on....not one union personal was in attendance.It appears Trustees have no idea. I hope they become disable and new trustees vote ,you need 30 years!!!

Re: Lawyer for disabled carpenter health care benefits

Braciole
The "fix" is in! A few members recorded the meeting so now please ask around of who taped it. We need all the recordings to piece together a youtube video. Also the union will not release a complete list of all the members this will effect, please lets try to get all the names on list. The meeting was a complete "set-up", some of the current members are talking about a protest or strike. Lets see if they are for real and we will be having our own meeting on Staten Island to set up this current member past member meeting. The members of today better wake up, because the end is near.
RDK

Do you know why Mr. Mars is the attorney being recommended for the class action?  Who recommended him and why?
slm

Re: Lawyer for disabled carpenter health care benefits

slm
I also e-mailed the Senators and anyone else I could think of to bring awareness to this. Everyone should do the same