Joe Geiger and the giant inflatable rat...........

Joe Geiger and the giant inflatable rat...........

Ethics
This post was updated on .
To J.A. Geiger: Try not to stare at your giant inflatable rat's belly today at the parade. I know it looks like a giant pepperoni pizza to you, but it is not. If you fill your pockets with juicy meatballs to snack on, and try to ignore all of the big rats pizza bellies, you should be able to participate in the festivities without totally embarrassing yourself and  the NYCDCC. ( Hint: keep the meatballs in ziplock freezer bags, and they won't stain your jacket too bad....)

Who knows? McCarron himself might show up riding in the bed of a mercedes dump truck, to throw cheddar cheese cubes to all of his non union carpenters, while he winks-winks at all of his contractor and city politician cronies!

Re: Joe Geiger and the giant inflatable rat...........

Ethics

""Promises""...........................................................

JOSEPH GEIGER
Brothers and Sisters,
With my first message to you as your new Executive Secretary-Treasurer, I would like to extend my
deepest appreciation for entrusting me with this office. It is a critical responsibility, and one I do
not take lightly.
Since I joined the UBC in 1984, I have unwaveringly advocated for the rights, security, and welfare of
our membership, believing that we are strongest when the Union has our best interests at heart. To preserve
the confidence and camaraderie necessary for our membership to thrive requires solid leadership, and the
best way to accomplish this is through transparency. Ultimately, communication is the driving force that
will allow us to continue to improve and progress, and it is my promise to you that I will make available
everything you need to know, as well as provide any assistance you may require. Maintaining our Union
means we must all work together, and it is also my promise to you that just as I know and understand your
duties and responsibilities, you will always be informed about my decisions and responsibilities.
Currently there are several top priorities and changes that are in the process of being made, but I ask you
to remember that the decisions we make will take time to implement. Please understand that with so many
resolutions and opportunities to explore, the necessary time and consideration must be given in order to
provide the best outcome for everyone. Though I
have not held office for very long, one important action
I’m proud of is our recent success with a group
of organized retirees who were concerned about the
eligibility of their medical benefits in connection with
premium payments. Our officers met with and assured
the retirees that restoring lost benefits is a goal
we are working to accomplish, but not at the expense
of uneven levels of coverage in the future. The retirees
left the meeting confident that when we fixed
the problem, it would be fixed for good.
As the District Council continues to work toward
providing for and proving to the membership that we
are operating honestly and effectively, we are also
working tirelessly to establish our self-sufficiency to
the Judge and Review Officer. The way that the District
Council does business has changed for the better
over the course of the last few years. We as an organization
have truly seen the difference that has been
made. We now have internal financial controls, an
Inspector General’s Office, Human Resources Department,
a Chief Compliance Officer, and a Chief Accounting Officer, resulting in a more streamlined, honest, and efficient
system of operations. The bottom line is, we want our Brothers and Sisters to get the most from their
Union, and the better we function as a Union, the more we can do in the best interest of our members.
Again, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for my election to Executive Secretary-Treasurer.
It is truly an honor, and I will continue to fight for you and your best interests, Brothers and Sisters—
United and Strong.

JAG