Quantcast

Its About Time Someone Has Balls To Step Up

Its About Time Someone Has Balls To Step Up

Local 157
Motion: The Following Letter to be sent out to Independent Monitor Glen McGorty, CC US Attorney Benjamin Torrance, Douglas J McCarron, Judge Berman, and all affiliated locals of the NYCDCC.

GLEN G. McGORTY
Independent Monitor
Crowell & Moring,
590 Madison Avenue,
 20th Floor New York, NY 10022
08/18/2016

Mr. McGorty,
We the membership, of Local 157 are writing this letter to bring to your attention issues that are causing serious mistrust between our membership and the leadership of the New York City District Council of Carpenters. We the membership have been asking for and not getting information on a Discrimination lawsuit brought against the D.C. and employees of The Inspector General’s Office, including Ramadan (Rambo) Ibric by a Minority based Signatory contractor. We hear now of a rumor of a 3million dollar settlement, EST Joe Geiger and Steve McGinnis keep refusing to give us any information. We now ask you to intervene on behalf of the membership of Local 157 and the whole membership of the District Council so we can have a hand in our affairs. It’s sad that after all of these years it has to come to this.
We believe any Representative or employee of this council, who discriminates against any member including members who are signatories, especially in cases involving a major lawsuit should be immediately removed from employment. In cases where the employee is found not to be at fault they should be reinstated and made whole, on the other hand if the case is settled out of court with a judgement for the plaintiff they should be terminated by the DC and any affiliated organization of the DC and UBC.

 Thank You,
Greg Kelty on behalf of the membership of Local 157
And

Re: Its About Time Someone Has Balls To Step Up

And
Is this a Union approved communication, or wil the sender be brought up on charges?
RDK

Re: Its About Time Someone Has Balls To Step Up

RDK
Mr. Kelty,
             Could you also include in your letter a request for an inquiry into where all the hours contributed for the coverage of the disabled carpenters who were disposed of has gone.  Many worked hours equal to or above 24 vested credits?  Where is that money?   Does anyone care?  If that can be done without any consequences anything can happy !   Mr. McGorty and Judge Berman need to investigate a lot of things happening within the Benefit Fund.   Where are all the funds contributed by the disabled carpenters gone?