International Agreement

albert-mcguire1876
What specifically does the International Agreement entail? What is the policy in reference to an employer found violating the IA? In the opinion of users of this site, how significantly are unenforced violations of the "50/50" rule and the IA contributing to the length of time members spend on the out-of-work list, and our diminishing market share due to inadequate administration?

Re: International Agreement

tester
Welcome Albert !
Albert,please make your questions simple.

Re: International Agreement

iamlistman@yahoo.com
In the opinion of users of this site, how significantly are unenforced violations of the "50/50" rule and the IA contributing to the length of time members spend on the out-of-work list, and our diminishing market share due to inadequate administration?

Lets take the last first as it is part & parcel of the prior of the two points.
 inadequate administration?

There's that on to many fronts of administrative processes at 395 hudson.  But when applying it to diminishing market share the only administrioon of it from McCarron was not to go for any residential under certain councils and elshwere not too cocerned for things less than 12 stories in areas such as ours.
 AND TO LET FORDE PARTY THIS AWAY AND LOOSE THIS UNIONS PRIDE !

Now we know the list ratio & the assignment of these jobs was thrashed.
Hence it was a purposefully bad administration of them ( friggin Danielson )

ITS STILL BROKEN, THEY KNOW IT, AND FUCKING REALLY WHAT HAVE THEY DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS, TWO FUCKING YEARS, FUCKING 20 YEARS REALLY WTF, to fix it.

Re: International Agreement

albert-mcguire1876
Thanks Tester;

Another way of wording it is:

I don't understand how compliance with the International Agreement is enforced. It seems like there are a lot of companies that use the IA so they don't have to comply with the work rules, like having an excessive number of carpenters on a job without a steward, and not using the OWL. I understand the IA is set up supposedly to allow companies "mobility thus making them more competitive. But if there isn't a shop steward on the job, how can the union know work rules are being complied with? It appears that the IA ultimately diminishes the effectiveness of the union. What I want to know is: what is the actual wording of the IA? Does it include policy for companies that violate the agreement? Is it up to the BA to enforce the rule; does an member need to file a grievance for action to be taken; is there a set fine? How often is the rule actually enforced in NYC? Except for cash jobs, aren't all violations traceable with the computer system?

Re: International Agreement

tester
Re:the International Agreement :
asked for it number of times and was told not to worry about it.

"First of all, keep your mouth shut.If you start asking questions,your life could be in danger provided you are still on the job site.Your wife's also.Don't have any kids in the near future.They're easy targets.It's best to play dumb , as if evrything is wonderful and you still plan to be the NYC's greatest carpenter.
 Second ,you must make a decision.Not now , but  soon.You must decide if you will cooperate or not.
If you choose to help them,they will ofcourse make it worth your while.( you do not have to be Bambino or Banana etc.)
If you choose not to ,than you'll never work again ."

Re: International Agreement

albert-mcguire1876
"Morris Ernst, my attorney, knows all the facts. He knows that if an anti-fascist is assaulted or killed, the instigator is Generose Pope"

Re: International Agreement

tester
Re:Whales, gannets, dolphins and sharks.
Do they have an Agreement ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a31Rv9o5D1k
Rank & File in NYC = Sardines

Re: International Agreement

albert-mcguire1876

Re: International Agreement

tester
I like it !

Re: International Agreement

Has anyone ever seen an International UBC Agreement? It seems that it falls under DADT, as in - sit down, shut up....it's their private plaything ( to steal a phrase from RD),

In 20+ years I have never seen one, when you ask a BA, Regional Manager or an EST....you can feel their ire & disdain....they simply refuse to answer the question & have never coughed one up.

So is the IA the GP's & his E-Board PERSONAL CHAIN OF COMPANIES TO EXPLOIT, WITH THE ILLEGAL ALIENS, CASH WORKERS & SHITBAGS WHO DRIVE ALL NIGHT FROM OHIO TO BOSTON, USE THEIR OWN TRUCKS & POWER TOOLS & WORK LIKE DOGS-IDIOTS,

We had one Company show up at Lord & Taylor like this - hiring shitheads literally off the street, bringing their wives and nannies on the job to install a Jewelery Department during a gut re-hab of the entire store....never mind reading prints - they could not read or speak English period. re:Monarch Industries, Signatory UBC Contractor from CT & RI

Nick DiGiovanni (BA), Lou Catanzaro (Regional Mngr).....NERCC AT WILLL EMPLOYEES didn't do a damn thing about it...the only thing good that occurred was that the Job was loaded with a half a dozen really great Stewards & we sent em back to New York. (We ain't blaming you guys in NY either, they just happened to come from there)

WINK-WINK, NOD, NOD - THE "FLY BY NIGHT UBC", BROUGHT TO YOU BY DOUG MCCARRON & ANDY SILINS.

MARK ERLICH, NERCC EST - GROW A SACK & FIRE THESE TWO SHITBAGS!!!