Interior systems and contracts

Re: Interior systems and contracts

anon
Banned User

Re: Interior systems and contracts

Follow up: I did speak with Kirk today from the AUD, he said he spoke with Herman Benson and an attorney, they have some ideas so we set up a meeting on Tuesday, February 8. If anyone would like to attend email me at jmusumeci157@gmail.com

Re: Interior systems and contracts

Richard Dorrough
John.
    Are you including the council rat???

Re: Interior systems and contracts

anon
Banned User

Re: Interior systems and contracts

Kirk said the meeting will be open to any carpenter who wants to attend, it's at 3:30pm

Re: Interior systems and contracts

listman
"you put very little thought into your posts."

For you anon, - as LITTLE as possible !

Re: Interior systems and contracts

listman
"you put very little thought into your posts."

For you anon, - as LITTLE as possible !

Re: Interior systems and contracts

John - What was his response on "to bargain with representatives of ones own choosing"?

This is the cruxt of the entire matter, the "clear & plain language" of NLRA Section 7 rights. No fancy law degree required in my book to get what this means....

The phrase "to bargain" simply refers to all issues relative to the negotiation of our Contract - hence the phrase "collective bargaining"

The phrase "with representatives of ones own choosing" simply put means we, the UBC rank & file, each and every man or woman in every Local in the UBC nationwide are entitled to a Vote for the "representative of one's own choosing".

"One" simply put & in the context of the entire phrase above is: "ONE MAN, ONE VOTE"

It seems to me that every Labor Lawyer nationwide who is ever questioned on this phrase of Section 7 Rights always ignores the question, as if they teach this to them while at Law School.....don't answer it.

How did he respons to this? He either belives it entitles members to "ONE MAN, ONE VOTE" as noted above, or he does not.....can you clarify this with him please.

Thank You.

Re: Interior systems and contracts

Donny Arana
Hello Bill my name is Donny Arana. I am working on putting together a rally. I heard you are the man to speak to. I can really use your help. contact me at Aranacrew5@gmail.com.Leave me your number or your email and i will leave you my number. Thanks Donny.

Re: Interior systems and contracts

taco bell
Bill, does that mean all those years working a a union carpenter don't count ? I have worked inside and outside but still a UNION CARPENTER, from the ground out to the high end finish, no stinking  interior finish lame ass.

Re: Interior systems and contracts

Bill Lebo
I've said before my card says carpenter, that to me is all inclusive.

Re: Interior systems and contracts

Richard Chopp
many carpenters have pigeonholed themselves Bill.  the well rounded guys are a dying breed.

Re: Interior systems and contracts

Bill Lebo
Well there you go it's almost june and in January I told you what would occur and here it is . And to boot it's a strictly company local.

Re: Interior systems and contracts

Bill: You are a prophet. With all these proposed changes this union certainly does not resemble the union we grew up in.

Re: Interior systems and contracts

OK - so where is the Petition? Who filed it and when, How many names were on it? re: Contract Negotiations, persons chosen by the Rank & File. Are we awaiting a decision from the Court or was it simply never filed & all talk?

Re: Interior systems and contracts

Nobody.
If there was a petition drawn up, it was never physically circulated or by word-of-mouth.

If there was a petition drawn up that was physically circulated or by word-of-mouth, it disappeared quickly and was silenced.

When you weigh the economics ($) and amount of influence (political power) a petition like that would have interfered with versus the well-being or benefit to the members sponsoring such a petition, you come to the obvious conclusion.

Also:
NLRA Sect 7 - "to bargain collectively through representatives of their own choosing".

That would include, and ultimately end with, Doug McCarron.

Welcome to the snake pit we ourselves dug.
123