I DON'T KNOW.......

Danny Green
What it's going to take to encourage numbers to gather. From my experience, of the 25,000 member in the nydcc the pie is sliced in so many ways, some are retired, some don't participate at all, I mean I know a handful of individuals who got their union card and never worked an hour in the field they just paid their dues....the you have the company man demographic they'd soon as take back door cash before resisting the companies influence. Where does that leave us ? Is there enough numbers out there to strengthen the foundation of this brotherhood, or am I just naive. I've never backed down from a fight I was fighting since the day I was delivered by my doctor. What will it take to encourage you who have been left to suffer, tossed into the septic of the district council shit hole. I've said it before rise up with fists or be put down by collars.

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

IN TOWN
what do you want to do

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

Danny Green
Take the fight to them. You've got 15 plus years that's 15 plus years of hard work and most likely pent up frustration trying to feed your family and working every hour harder than the last one. Get the word out make numbers of people who aren't as fortunate but have made the effort. We're not asking for it all we just want what we've earned

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

Local 45
Mr green your a mess, who have you worked for in your vast experience in construction and union carpentry since your not scared of anything or anyone?

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

Danny Green
Local 45, you don't want to question my knowledge. I have this weighing thought that you may have something you really want to say, you keep asking these indirect questions. What is it that you really want to say?

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

Local 45
i just questioned your knowledge and i asked the question i wanted to ask because i just dont understand someone so talented, well spoken and educated as yourself can be out of work or be so disgruntle.

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

Danny Green
Intimidation is a cog local 45...,when you don't know someone in this business and not only do you display the ability to work hard and be efficient once you show how articulate you are co-workers become unsettled, read one of my previous posts from a job I was on recently. You will come to understand.

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

Local 45
believe me danny im not intimidated by you or the knowledge you have in construction since neither affect me or my job =). Ill be at work monday morning.

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

Danny Green
Local 45,so will I  and I wasn't referring to I was answering your question as to why someone with knowledge and skill would find it difficult to find work. In case you are wondering I am working but unlike you it's not simply enough for me to work. I care about the growth of the union, I know many others are suffering. I am here to offer encouragement and not allow selfish vampires such as yourself demoralize the working man. Local 45 I don't have to say more this whole back forth posting has clearly showed that you and words care nothing about the union.

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

Local 45
I have to disagree danny, i think someone like me and words completely care about the union and apprently agree that the union needs to get rid of the members who are wasting contractors money and wasting spots for skilled union carpenters to fill. This union needs company men to set the bar in quality as well as quantity. Something many out of work members dont care about either or and just care about getting hours and checks and not care about product and production. You mr green were probably a company guy for some company and couldnt keep up the pace with what was expected from you and you got fired. Given some type of responsibility and failed miserably, or started shit talking on site and got yourself fired, either or is probably the reason why you got axed and now you want to play the innocent hall guy role.THE STRONG AND TALENTED WILL MAKE IT, THE OTHERS ONES CAN GET THE FUCK OUT :)

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

REVOCATION
Start revoking cards of those ushered in by the forde facilitators. DEVEREAUX, GREANY HAYES etc, Those employed by the company's guilty in the court ptroceedings, A start no?

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

IN TOWN
i remember it said in the newspaper that a few guys got jobs at ground zero thanks to greaney. find out who they are and replace them with owl guys

i hear what your saying you cant fix the system with the same people who screwed the system up in the first place.i say the same for the nyc school system

Re: I DON'T KNOW.......

John
Listen I will stand and fight with anyone for the future of the District Council
That means working foot soldier work on the picket lines.
We cannot complain about not working when so few are willing to man the pickets.
In summary grab a picket sign and  be heard or starve like sheep. If there is any other suggestions keep it going