Healthcare benefits and pre exisiting conditions

Healthcare benefits and pre exisiting conditions

John
Im a 17 year carpenter next  quarter my welfare fund benefits might run out (i need 150+ hrs b4 Oct 1) The question is when my coverage is active again will all  pre exisiting  conditions be covered under Blue Cross or will I have to take out the COBRA coverage to prevent  preexisting conditions clause.After  a call to benefit funds office I was told I would still be covered when my coverage is picked up again. How ever conflicting information was presented to me by my physician who advised me that I would need to start COBRA to keep my pre exisiting conditions covered. I hope that whom I spoke with at the fund office was correct. Does anyone else have this situation and what happened

Re: Healthcare benefits and pre exisiting conditions

27 yrs
brother ,i found that the best way to handel the council and get the right info is to go straight there and get it in writingas .get their nams and document them .this way you will have a leg to stand on

Re: Healthcare benefits and pre exisiting conditions

TomMcGuire
you'll need Cobra only for the time period in which you dont have enough hours. If you elect not to pay Cobra and wait until you have enough hours you just wont be able to see your doctor during the time period when you dont have coverage unless you pay him. I never had a problem the two times I didnt have hours and all my med issues were not a problem. Under the HCA even if you go get a different job, leave the union, and get coverage elsewhere, preexisting conditions are covered. There are no more non covered issues simply because they were pre existing. Hope its helpful.

Re: Healthcare benefits and pre exisiting conditions

John
I am going to follow that advice and get it in writing Thanks Brothers

Re: Healthcare benefits and pre exisiting conditions

fuck you all
The best person to talk to is Amy,she has her shit together.I used to talk to Crystal,but they moved her out of that dept.