Has anyone heard if dental INSURANCE is coming back?

Has anyone heard if dental INSURANCE is coming back?

a wife
Carpenter husband has said he heard some talking about it but does not believe it.

Re: Has anyone heard if dental INSURANCE is coming back?

shoppie
 there is a discount benefit card that could save u some money,u have to go to somebody who honors it,a example might be crown work u need done,it may cost 1500.00 but u could get under a discount rate of 750.oo.the discount dental discount card is called dental call.i believe its better to have some type of coverage then noyhing at all.if any body has qustions to this discount plan please respond ,i will provide further imformation upon re your re quest,yhank u

Re: Has anyone heard if dental INSURANCE is coming back?

a wife
Discounted programs have been around for YEARS.

I did not ask about that kind of program.

I asked about rumors re INSURANCE - like what we used to have.

Re: Has anyone heard if dental INSURANCE is coming back?

INQUIRY
At last evenings local 157 meeting, at which EST Billelo was in attendance, much was debated minus any involvement by the EST, as to the finacial & administrative efficacy of the local starting its own coverage. The topic though in its infancy has been previously brought to light numerous times but with the intracacies with provider & administrator costs and the never ending search for a sound finacial footing in this regard, it has been put aside time & time again.

 There are those that only want the DC to administer such coverage, which means we could remain where we are now. Then again there are those that say we need coverage immedietely at the local level not only because its the right thing to do for its members in order to reduce the out of pocket to the membership but that this coverage is of genuine medical need. I tend to agree w/the latter.

 Nonetheless Gausman, the present Pro Tem, is utilizing local dental coverage as an electoral ploy thinking that if he produces it he'll be a hero to the local and subsequently voted in.  Gausman was caught red handed by Pete Corrigan and TomMcGonigle as they needed to remind Gausman and the remainder members, who by virtue of those who do not attend, except for nomination night ( A widely known & used tactic that insures the bad guys are voted in (<  SHOUT OUT TO YA CAPERSO & CO > ) Tom & Pete and the remainder of the previous eboard who left or resigned, they in fact did some of the initial groundwork.

Either way ya look at it not much has been done & its still put aside for today. If both sides remained split on the idea that one side and not we should pay for this, DC vs local, there's always the reality that the bad side of the delegate room, the Forde remnats, will control things.. < ANOTHER EXHUBERANT SHOUT OUT TO CAPERSO & CO. PAUL YOU ARE THE NEW LEARY! >

Keep on Wife-ing!

closely only attend this was only his baby, the dental coverage< because they are the ones who started the discussion before they resigned in disgust referring to the RO & Billelo rigging the game there @ 395. who said Gerry & TommyMcGonigle  Me quotes only   So with last night's ending consensus that we put this subject aside untill all the RFP's and other such particular nuances are worked out, your left anging.

The rumor you speak of, unless soon to be exercised by Billelo eother partiall or fully "as it were" it no doubt for his political stature only and not because he cares. If he did we would not have lost it at The rumor you speak all. has bot been heard by this active & aware member.

Re: Has anyone heard if dental INSURANCE is coming back?

alibaba
also at last nights meeting john daly seconded all the nominations for the coorigan slate.i remember two meeting's ago john coorigan and his son pete coorigan ran up to john daly and jumped in his face and threatened him screaming and shouting that daly was a snitch and a rat.it was a political show because coorigan thought daly and mccockanal was going to run against them and tried to discredit him.i guess they took it out of eachothers asses for the election.everybody was waiting for the negative anonymous post that only took less than 24hrs.i know daly is a rat but i thought he had a little dignity.there is no honor amoung thieves.

Re: Has anyone heard if dental INSURANCE is coming back?

white trash
daly and coorigan slate.walsh and kelty have joined up with them."birds of a feather flock together".everyone can see right through them.

Re: Has anyone heard if dental INSURANCE is coming back?

Contractor
Oh la la

Re: Has anyone heard if dental INSURANCE is coming back?

FY 2006 MEMBER BENEFIT SCHEDULE, Welfare Fund excerpt

Self Insured Prescription                                     $50,047,124
Self Insured Dental                                        $9,872,046
Self insured Vision                                              $1,364,046
Self insured Hearing Aids                                          $98,896 Scholarships                                                     $474,250 {see admin fee above}
Administrative Fees                                            $647,679
Behavioral Helath Benefit (CAP's)                          $3,684,202
VACATION WAGES...vacation fund payments            $87,842,452
Sickness, Hospitalization & Death Benefits             $130,345,646

Dental, Vision & Hearing Aids total Cost for the year above $11,337,988

Divide that by the 13,178 active working members and the cost per year, per man/woman is $860.37.

This number divided by an average of 1,000 man hours per year, per man (for a base figure, simple math:

$0.86 cents per hour, per man to restore those benefits cut, predicated upon the 2006 figures. NOTE: The Council Delegates & Welfare Fund Trustees and their lawyer can easily retrieve the data for each & every year, cost average it over 3,5 or 10-years etc. and come up with the hourly dollar figure required to restore the benefits cut above.

There is no justification by the Welfare Fund or its attorney to continue the cuts given the relatively cheap hourly cost & the subsequent rise in yearly man-hours; and, this point should be brought to the attention of Judge Berman at Wednesdays court conference.

Man-Hours have risen steadily! The cost to return these benefits is long overdue.