HISTORIC ROBBERY

ROBERT KWIECINSKI
THE UBC IS  ROBBING THE MEMBERSHIP OF MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. TALK ABOUT CRUSHING THE MIDDLE CLASS. WE WENT FROM LOCALS THAT WERE MAKING MONEY TO PUTTING US IN THE POOR HOUSE. NOW THEY WANT TO LOWER OUR WAGES WITH CLASSIFICATIONS. HOW MUCH CAN WE WITHSTAND BORTHERS AND SISTERS BEFORE WE WAKE UP. WE MUST START OUR OWN NEW UNION AND PRESERVE OUR WAGES. EVERYONE CANNOT AFFORD A PAYCUT JUST TO MAKE THE UBC AND THE CONTRACTORS RICHER, WHILE WE STARVE. BUT THAT IS THE CASE. THE UBC IS NOT BARGAINING IN OUR BEST INTEREST TO SUPPORT THE MEMBERSHIP. THEY ARE LINING THEIR POCKETS WITH OUR DUES MONEY WITH DOUBLE PENSIONS AND SKY HIGH SALARIES.THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN WHERE THEY HAVE COME FROM. WE MUST KEEP THE MONEY IN THE MEMBERS HANDS INSTEAD OF THE POCKETS OF THE PRIVILEDGED GREEDY TRAITOR, SELLOUTS WE CALL LEADERS. WE CAN DO MUCH BETTER,RETIRE EARLIER,HAVE BETTER HEALTH CARE,AND MORE MONEY IN OUR CHECKS WITHOUT THESE THEIVES. STAND UP FOR YOUR SELVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ORGANIZE TO GET BACK YOUR RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: HISTORIC ROBBERY

tester
"Human beings collectively develop rules to aid them in their efforts to maximize their happiness. Each of us wants to appropriate goods to satisfy our material needs. But they are scarce, not everyone can satisfy these needs. Given this scarcity of material goods, there will be conflict. If one succeeds in appropriating goods, then others will attempt to take them away to satisfy their own needs. What one more exactly wants is not a maximum of goods but a satisfactory level of goods together with security of tenure. Since each has this an end, norms for the distribution of the scarce goods come to be established. Together with these norms of justice there will also come to be established norms for their enforcement, for the punishment of those who violate these norms. These norms with sanctions attached, that is, the norms of justice will function as means to the satisfaction of material desires, but through the associative mechanisms they will come to sought as ends, as parts of one's pleasure. Because they concern the essential of human well-being, they therefore come to felt as more morally demanding than the principle of utility itself."

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/mill/#MorUti

Re: HISTORIC ROBBERY

tiger mom
Grow some balls & strike !

Re: HISTORIC ROBBERY

bravo659
I understand your frustrations how the union are handling things. I am hoping now with the new leaders here today things should be getting better. No wonder i see in the majority of carpenters out of work over a year waiting to get called out. I have spoken to several of those carpenters out of work for a year i just can't believe what i hear from them. One year out of work thats impossible. I guess its a reality.
owl

Re: HISTORIC ROBBERY

owl
 i was on the owl for just over a year. i noticed on this job the company guys all have been working steady

maybe we should go and pan handle in front of the district council with our dc tshirts on

ill take the paycut if it keeps me working steady like the company guys and their friends

Re: HISTORIC ROBBERY

bravo659
yeah i may agree with that notion. if it maintain a carpenter working steady like the company guys then maybe carpenters can start thinking about taking the paycut.

I may disagree because its a collective bargaining contract on prevailing wages and its something that BTEA likes to see is the paycut. I believe if the paycut is not on the table during negotiations then BTEA may turn over o non-union workers for low pay.

Re: HISTORIC ROBBERY

Retiree
Lets put it in it's simplest form. "Representation without verification" is where we go wrong. As in the corrupt politicians we have, they vote themselves raises and all the perks with disregard to the folks they are supposed to support.
   There should be scrutiny involved in all representatives and their wages. A demand for reductions in their salaries should come first.
    You first need solidarity to show them you will not stand by and accept "no accountability" any longer. I pray for Gods speed.
    On a side note: some are talking about retiring after 20 years...If we are losing funds in our pension now, how do you think you can lower this requirement?
    Only with facts can you suggest such things...I do sympathise.

Re: HISTORIC ROBBERY

right on Tiger Mom......ladies here is in the specific context of addressing the men at BTEA, BCTC & the UBCJA & thier legal counsel spewing the lies to the Court and the rank & file.

"Studies Show that Unions Work"

 Anonymous said...
Kinda in your face ladies - that is Building Trades Employers Association (BTEA), Multi-Billionaire Developers and Public & Private Project Owners as well as the Building Construction Trades Council (BCTC).

When you want a complex Engineering Project done right the first time; the big boys, the players, rely upon the Unions - all of us together as a collective entity.

You all know full well that the Non-Union Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) sector cannot man the large Projects sufficiently, that they provide little to no Training, that their Safety records are abhorrent - and that none of them, depsite all the blather and propaganda that BTEA propagated via the 26-Point Subway Smear Campaign; could ever meet the ridiculous Scheduling Criteria that the Investors and Banks that finance them demand.

Imagine a day when the Non-Union ABC Element were attempting to contruct a complex Engineering & Building Project such as the new Freedom Tower?

The Non-Union ABC GC'S & Sub's would take 4-5 times longer to build it, the Quality would be atrocious and they would be killing workers left & right....just like the good old days prior to the advent of the Labor Unions and Federal Agencies like OSHA.

Face the Facts:

The ABC and non-union sector do not have the tools, the capital, the equipment, the manpower, the training, the quality level desired, the ability to meet the schedule or the braintrust to manage a complex engineering project.

The Insurance costs would be exhorbitant and cost prohibitive!

July 24, 2011 1:25 AM

 Anonymous said...
McCarron & the UBCJA International legal counsel skip the fact that the UBC is now raiding tapers, painters, electricians and providing training for non-union workers.

The USAO & IRO over the first 20-years (1990-2010) conveniently ignore the fact that the UBCJA has spent $200M + nationwide in legal expenses to push fraudulent lawsuits & legal issues in all 52 NLRB regions, the District Courts of 50-States, and the 13 Appeals Courts to negate the NLRA, LMRA & LMRDA along with ERISA, SEC and IRS laws & regulations in furtherance of the International UBCJA's racketeering activities.

The rank & file have demanded justice for 21 years, 322-days to date; and received nothing less than a furtherance of the racketeering activity at the hands of the Attorneys involved, while they sat in Court in deafening silence and continue to submit their monthly billable hours, while producing nothing of substance in return.

The UBCJA and their counsel of Record now proffer to the Court a Restructuring Plan which they know to be facially unlawful.

That it is done as a collusive effort with BTEA, BCTC and Latham & Watkins with the intent of another "test case", with the express intent to defraud the Court & the Rank & File once again, and to involve the current USAO & IRO in their misdeeds; save the language wherein they shall use a built in Escape Clause....but your Honor, it was a "proposed plan"...we didn't know we were violating the law(s) and regulations - belies the Superior Legal Knowledge they claim to possess.

This fact of its own accord warrants contempt charges against the International and the NYCDCC attorneys.

The Court should recognize clearly, the manipulative agenda, the lies, the desire to further the fraud and racketeering and the feigning of innocence by the UBC International and/or their claim of Clean Hands in the entire matter and with specific reference to the current LMRDA Trusteeship, which the International clearly imposed to further their illegitimate ends and to continue the fraud and extortion of member Property rights and Hobbs Act Extortion - unabated, and with the USDC-SDNY's blessing and well wishes.

Justice demands that the UBCJA extended LMRDA Trusteeship be concluded and ended, and that the contract(s) be extended until the District Council Elections are held, the autonomy of the Local Unions & District Council is restored to the rank & file - and, that the Restructuring Plan be rejected in its entirety.

Moreover, the Court needs to order the UBCJA International & the NYCDCC to forego any & all merger or consolidation plans until the autonomy is restored and the newly elected representatives have successfully executed and implemented a new Contract (CBA); and, with the assistance and oversight of the USAO & IRO - have thoroughly vetted the UBCJA Constitution & Bylaws and International Agreement, the NYCDCC Constitution & Bylaws, all Trust Fund Agreements, all fund repayment plans by delinquent Contractors for conformance to known laws, Appellate & Supreme Court precedent and landmark cases, the NLRA, LMRA, LMRDA, ERISA, EBSA, SEC & IRS laws, rules and regulations.

The two primary prongs of the Federal Civil RICO Consent Decree cannot be met without this mandatory scrubbing and vetting.

July 24, 2011 2:02 AM

Way too long

Shorter
Is there any possibility that you could shorten your posts ted?
You tend to ramble on and rarely seem to stay on subject. Have you noticed that no one ever responds to your posts? By the time a person gets half way through one of your posts, I doubt if there are many who could tell you what you are talking about because you change subjects so frequently.

Re: Way too long

Ted
So are the Union Meetings, Roberts Rules of Order, the 21-years of the Consent Decree and the 25-Years of caselaw which the UBCJA has spent $200M of your hard earned money on to deny you the very rights the NLRA requires.

Here is an assigment for you. Go to Walmart or Radio Shack & purchase a $35-$65 dollar Financial calculator with a user friendly handbook....read it - then tell me what the FV of that $200M dollar investment would equal at the bare min of 12% compound interest which our multi-billion dollar funds earn over the long term.

"WILDCAT STRIKE"

The problem here is you have had 20-years of the Hitler Youth Style brainwashing symposiums, courtesy of your fearless leader Doug. The old timers are leaving in droves and ole Douggie is counting on the new breed of brainwashed children to continue his legacy of destruction.

UBCJA 1881 - 1995 R.I.P.

The woosified UBCJA 1996-????, WHERE THE MEN HAVE BECOME WOMAN & SLAVES TO A DESPOT & TYRANT

You have to meet these people at their level. You should be glad to have the facts and law put forth in an intelligent manner, unless you prefer a babbling fool to argue on your behalf.

We've all seen where that got the rank & file - correct?