Frank Spencer

Pat Nee
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 13, 2011
CONTACT:
Scott Widmeyer, 917-763-3938 Brandon Thomas, 304-542-0319
Scott.Widmeyer@widmeyer.com Brandon.Thomas@widmeyer.com
STATEMENT BY FRANK SPENCER
NEW YORK – Statement by Frank Spencer, Supervisor, New York City District Council
of Carpenters, released the below statement on the Rally For Solidarity which took
place today.
“The New York District Council and its locals have been living through troubled times in
recent years, brought on by corruption of its previous leaders and a downturn in the
nation’s economy.
“Over the past year or so, we have begun to make progress in righting a lot of wrongs
that have crippled the Council and our members.  I fully respect the concerns expressed
by our membership.
“The leadership of the District Council has offered a strong proposal to amend its
bylaws that expand democracy within the New York City operation and provide for
further financial transparency. We are working with the Review Officer and the U.S.
Attorney’s office to develop these bylaws and to ensure our membership has the
opportunity to provide more input into the operations of their union.
“As we move into collective bargaining talks and contract negotiations, I want to ensure
our members that  their concerns and opinions are being heard and that pertains to
changes going forward in the out of work list as well.”

Re: Frank Spencer

Pat Nee
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL NY DISTRICT COUNCIL OF CARPENTERS MEMBERS

In recent days, we have received a number of questions about a planned “Rally for Solidarity” scheduled to take place on April 13.  To clarify, this event is not sponsored by the NYDCC.  The leadership of the Council respects the rights of our members to engage in this rally, and we will continue to hear the voices of all of our members as we work to rebuild the New York District Council in to an operation that is free of the rampant corruption that plagued it for too many years.

Re: Frank Spencer

Pat Nee
This is   from the NYCDCC  website,

Re: Frank Spencer

Peter J. McGuire
Sounds like a load of manure to me. The UBCJA under MAC has violated to many, let me count the ways.  It is time, are your ready? Building Trades claim they would run a campaign for carpenters, are you ready? Deaths of 100 plus year old locals, community based, involved members struggling for democracy being cut off at knees. Are you ready? Got ideas, talk to your rank and file candidates, make this a stand for all UBC members nationwide, canada too, eh!

All negotiators at your bargaining table should have to pee in a bottle.
speak truth to power

Re: Frank Spencer

Really?
They forgot to report about the corruption and arrogance of the General President and all his asshole decisions that seek to weaken the voices of the rank and file.  This is not just about "old" corruption, it's about the current corruption of the International.

Re: Frank Spencer

Really?

“As we move into collective bargaining talks and contract negotiations, I want to ensure
our members that  their concerns and opinions are being heard and that pertains to
changes going forward in the out of work list as well." --- Frank Spencer

How are our concerns being heard?

Re: Frank Spencer

Pat Nee
The question is not really if he is hearing us, the problem is that he is ignoring us,  and that he can ignore us.

Re: Frank Spencer

Daniel J. Franco
Just because Spencer, or any other McCarronite, states our "concerns and opinions are being heard" doesn't mean that those concerns and opinions are being or ever will be taken into consideration and then acted upon/toward. It is a basic tactic of McCarronism and Spencer is quite adept at it.

Re: Frank Spencer

Pat Nee
Agreed, the basic approach consists of ignoring the membership.  They count on members not having the time or resources to take them to court.
Most members feel a loyalty to the union which also discourages them from bringing their union to court.
I think we have to start getting our locals more involved I this.
The lack of any officers from 157 at the rally truly shows that they are of no use to us.
I think that these guys need a little talking to in regards to who this union belongs to.

Re: Frank Spencer

Levi
      This statement underscores the lack of respect McCarron and his followers have for the membership of the NYCDCC. They make this empty promise and think we can't see through it. Their actions have shown us just how much they give a damn about our opinions and concerns. The fight is still on.