For debate and thought???

A Member...
A Member applies for the NYCDC Representative position this past time, make the first day testing
and interview, makes the 3 day training sessions, makes the first interview, make the second
 interview, then FAILS THE SUBSTANCE ABUSE TEST. And is Rejected for the position.

Should this member{who was rejected and FAILED THE SUBSTANCE ABUSE TEST] be allowed to run
for office and or if elected be allowed or is "FIT TO SERVE" as an Officer of the Local?

Re: For debate and thought???

Ted
What....does Forde have computer privileges in Club Fed?

You can't be serious....Flat out NO!

If your mother, your kid, a friend was drunk....would you let them get behind the wheel? There is nothing to debate here so why pose ridiculous questions that serve no purpose?

Re: For debate and thought???

A Member...
This question is REAL, as a "Candidate" is currently running for an elected position at one of the NYCDC Local's

This person was rejected for a position as a NYCDC Representative for failing the substance abuse test.

Re: For debate and thought???

Ted
shit happens, however....whoever the person is & it does not matter to me.....let them attend to and address that issue and clean their act up. That would seem to be the priority vs. running for anything.

You can't exclude people for perpetuity for minor infractions, but there should be rules in place to deal with any substance abuse issue and ways to remove those in office or positions of trust who are repeat offenders. We do have CAPS to assist those folk.

What do the current "at will" personnel policies at the NYCDCC state regarding these matters? What is the official policy now?

As a sidebar - the NYCDCC personnel policy should be made available & attached to the Bylaws, so parties are aware of the requirements up front.

Re: For debate and thought???

BKLYN
I am just curious. What was the substance? If it was the one that is on the political hot seat right now, you're off. Currently there is a political fight going on in most states about pot, so that seems to be a political issue, with more than 57000 Americans currently in jail for pot offenses of a non violent nature. NYC alone wasted something like $87 million in 2009 arresting pot possesors, even though NYS law calls it an infraction akin to a speeding ticket. If a man takes a drink after work is he a viable candidate?  If the person in question was using an addictive substance then of course he should be out. Wait...isn't booze addictive? But not Pot. Read the research from Harvard and the Lancet. What exactly is your point? What was the substance? If a man drinks do we normallt think he will drink while inpaired?

Re: For debate and thought???

BKLYN
I meant work while impaired. Thank God its 7 PM or the typing police would be after me!

Re: For debate and thought???

tester
The Union
1:44:30 - 2 years ago
A very well built documentary about cannabis and drug prohibition. Does the drug prohibition work? Have a look and think for yourself.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6127548813950043200#docid=-9077214414651731007

Re: For debate and thought???

mmmmm
pot is illegal. period