Floorcover contract

rug man
Why did 157 delegates vote no on contract 2287 what's in it the members don't known

Re: Floorcover contract

Too too ate seven
They are just dicks. No reasons other than that.

Re: Floorcover contract

two ears,one mouth
Reasons to vote down the floor coverer's contract: Article I (F). Article III (B), Article IV (F) contradicts (G) Article IX (B)(1) and (C) and (J) (2) and Addendum B. The delegates from 157 have valid reasons for the way they vote. Call the agreements department for a copy and check it out.

Re: Floorcover contract

Jack Meoff
Fool mobility There are 959 2 man jobs and about 475 1 man jobs in NYC in July that means we lost at least 475 shop steward jobs in july for just the 2 man jobs. Who is making sure the hours are being reported and there are only this many men on these job.
    Nail down floors was a big issue in the contracts, as we know most 2287 carpet layers don't do the nail down flooring it is the carpenters that do it. Nail down was always 50/50 and always got a shop steward. Now they want nail down floor gus to have the install certification. this is a red herring, its bullshit1 Just another way to say the council can't man the job. The install cert was to get carpet manufacturers to use union installers not for nail down wood flooring. We asked for the language to be removed but McAnnus refused. other issues 5 men on a job and no one gets foremans wages? Almost every carpet installation the city is done with less than 5 guys, why even have foremans rate? How about nobody gets foremans rate that is what really needs to be in the contract. The 2287 delegates have sold you out.  These 2287 delegates sold the carpenters on the W&C contract and we represented our members and their concerns and even went to bat for you Rug Man and you don't see that? WAKE UP GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE GLUE BUCKET

Re: Floorcover contract

watcher
In January, 2012, when the original floorcoverers contract was put in front of the delegates, the carpenters were willing to give the floorcoverers nail down flooring until they learned that the floorcoverers do not like to do deliveries because it is hard work.
So the carpenters said, in that case no way do we give you nail down flooring so you can let the nonunion do our work. What the 157 delegates did was be consistent, they said no 18 months ago and they said no this week.
If the floorcovers are giving away their own work,  what possible benefit is there in giving them our work? The floorcoverers have to learn to protect what is theres, any carpenter delegate who voted for this contract voted to give our work to the nonunion.
And many delegates did not feel that since the floorcovers have shown themselves to be very weak, allowing contractors to not have a steward on the majority of their jobs was not a good idea. These guys need a wake up call, and the sell outs from 45 and 20 sold their own members out by giving their members work to a local who will let the nonunion do this work.

Re: Floorcover contract

Thw white zone is for unloading
Watcher im a member of 2287 and the Buisness manager and president will do whatever David Meberg and Brian Degaray want.These two individuals never meet a boss they didnt want to blow.This is an unfortunate reality. The president was placed in that position by Shit bag John McGrath from the international Brotherhoob of Contractors.2287 members are not involved at all because their foolish.When its too late they will scream loudly as fools always do.My peril is tied to these fools so please consider some sympathy for a member that did go to meetings and get involved. I cant say your wrong though.

Re: Floorcover contract

aduh
bullshit. no where in the contract do we give away deliveried. we fought back mcgrath and his helper/scrapper proposal and kept are deliveries. read the contract before you make this shit up. the deal that was voted on months ago is not the same deal that was voted on the other night. and as far as the other crap goes, its the samne shit thats in your agreement, mr carpenter. and as far as nail down, we didnt want to take it away-- we just wanted a shot at it if you didnt have certified guys. thats all. share the work like brothers are supposed to. get real. Let us get our raise too and let us all get to work.

Re: Floorcover contract

history repeats
The floorcoverer delegates told everyone else in the room that the floorcovers do not  do deliveries because it is too hard. so regardless of what is in the contract, floorcoverers do not take in deliveries. Were the carpenters supposed to tell the floorcoverers that they were lying? that we should not believe them and give them more work to allow nonunion truckdrivers to bring into the job?
if you think the floorcoverer delegates were lying when they told all the other delegates that floorcoverers do not do deliveries, you should tell them to stop lying to the carpenters when the floorcoverers are looking to do the carpenters work. and there are no certifications for nail down flooring, that was made up and stuck in the contract.

History is wrong.History you are a fool. Kevin Flemball stood up at a meeting and said helper scrappers were a good idea. McGrath was Kevins MASTER and probably still is. Kevin is a thoughtless moron who needs to be told what to do.

Aduh your a SHITPOT cause no member got to read the contract they ratified. Get it MORON.

Re: Floorcover contract

Thw white zone is for unloading
Sorry history i meant Aduh is a fucking stooge.Again Sorry 2287 delegates are the Ultimate BLOWJOB with feet and arms Dickheads in every sense of the word

Re: Floorcover contract

Jack Meoff
adah, you are a dick sucking idiot. Any journeyman carpenter can learn how to use a  flooring gun and mallet in about 2 minutes, only an asshole delegate from 2287 like Kevin Fleming and Ray Harvey Barry Berman and the rest of those sellouts would need to get certified. Get your heads out of the glue bucket you morons. Five carpet layers on a job and nobody gets foremans rate. You 2287 guys have no brains and no balls.