Flintlock construction

Common sense
Does'nt anybody read the web site nycdistrictcouncil .flintlock is major threat to our jobs .all you guys do is bash the union instead of trying to help it.we should focus our efforts on defeating them ,instead of hurting ourselves some of you guys should go work nonunion where you get no vacation checks ,sorry no vacation just off no pay.if your not part of solution your part of problem .i don't see anybody writing about how to defeat nonunion,new ideas

Re: Flintlock construction

IN TOWN
“To us, Flintlock’s ability to win work is a poster child for how much more we need to accomplish in reducing costs to be competitive,” said Louis Coletti, president of Building Trades Employers’ Association, a union contractor representative. “They start in affordable housing, they learn, and they progressively go into different markets, winning larger and larger work.” [Crain's]

Re: Flintlock construction

Rock Star
All of that is a no brainer for any company with ambition.
Have we any word from the Organizing Dept...That's the big question

Re: Flintlock construction

Common sense
Their you go again blame the union.

Re: Flintlock construction

feedup
here is the bigger problem as Quoted from the article       "It's a notoriously difficult industry to organize, because many of the workers are believed to be undocumented, so for now the union reps are just gathering information. Even if the unions could mount an organizing campaign, they say union contractors wouldn't be able to hire the workers because many lack proper work authorization documentation.".                          ....Its time to rally around politicians who will do something about undocumented aliens doing our work...its not just mowing lawns and washing dishs anymore..lets wake up...

Re: Flintlock construction

IN TOWN
politians r gonna do nothing about illegals, actually politians would help them b4 they would help you.

if the unions did take them in they would be put ahead of you even if your a company guy

obama is gonna give them amnesty and when that happens flintlock will be given tax write offs to hire them all. if you picket the job they are on you will be labeled unamerican, anti immigrant racist bigot and all the other words that stop americans in their tracks

Re: Flintlock construction

peter griffin
i agree $100 per hour is the problem not the union. you cant organize you have to change and adapt meaning competative wages combined with productivity will get the work. nobody wants to do that they just want to complain about EVERYTHING ELSE! change is difficult but if we dont change we will die!

Re: Flintlock construction

DISSIDENT
F. U. PETER GRIFFIN. CARPENTERS NEED 100 DOLLARS AN HOUR TO SURVIVE TOSUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES. PETER GRIFFIN IF YOU ARE AGREEING THAT THE CONTRACTOR OWNERS NEED MORE MONEY IN THEIR POCKETS YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A SCUMBAG TRAITOR.

Re: Flintlock construction

peter griffin
ha ha dissident you dont get it do you...dollars and sents you got no dollars and no sense... why dont you come out of the closet and see its not the organizing dept..its dummies like you who will go down with the titantic with a $100 per hour contract and no work.......  pricing yourself out of the market will read fantastic on your tombstone....by the way dissident tell your real name for once stop hiding

Re: Flintlock construction

DISSIDENT
PETER GRIFFIN YOU ARE TRUE SCUM. DO YOU REALLY THINK THE MEMBERSHIP CAN TAKE A 30% PAYCUT AND SURVIVE ? YOU ARE A SOULESS PIECE OF GARBAGE.