Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

The Sage
Never underestimate your opponent: Steve McInnis is one of the best strategist in the labor movement. He had all his support in place before he even put his name in consideration. Maguire has been threatening  to challenge authority since the 90's but never went through with it: now was not the time! Hence, a fatal miscalculation was made.
Know your limitations: Maguire initially ran just incase, as a backup plan for the RO sometimes capricious vetoing of candidates.  Maguire over estimated the waning power of the backing from John Keane ( a decent man for sure).  Keanes' power has been on the decline since 1995. Also trying to cut into McInnis strength in City workers by getting the endorsement and active support of one the least popular of the civil service worker was flawed to say the least.
All in all if the Carpenters Union is going to survive: Steve McInnis is our best hope. He is the first honest man we have had there in many years. Also he may be the smartest President of the NYCDCC in shear grey matter.
Your humble servant:
The Sage

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

Daniel J. Franco
Why did you decide to post this information now? Anyway, you are no sage. You are naive. Without debating any information about Maguire, your viewpoint of McInnis is skewed/inaccurate. You need to open your eyes wider and dig deeper about McInnis.

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

In Support
DJF's alot closer to the truth than a blanket pro McInnis endorsement.

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

Myself
Sage what proof do you have that he had all the players in place? Do you have witnesses,document's? Maguire is being peddled as a bumbling fool, I wonder who that notion really serves? I will assume Mr Maguire is still breathing. Now we will witness the proverb of  "Better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and confirm. Sir you are about as much of a sage as im an astro naut. Your words will crumble like the promes of Steve McInnis as you watch hes lake of concern exceed your wildest expectations. Modesty is distant.

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

Myself
lack of concern

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

Erwin Shyster
Political science major ( how to bullshit everyone and steal legally) Steve "2 credits" McInnis will drive the final nails into the coffin of the NYCDCC.

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

Disapointed
Unfortunately, Mr. Franco you have embarrassed yourself with your last response.  You look petty and have shown petulance in the face of the undeniable truth.  Perhaps you should have researched what was written.  You have reveled yourself as a novice in not knowing how Mr. McInnis won a decisive victory.  You have damaged your credibility: if you didn’t see a straight shooter like Steve’s M. victory coming 2 or 3 week before the election how can you be trusted to fight the devious tactics of the non unions growing strength. I thought you were better than this!

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

tester
 "Nothing is more surprising than the easiness with which the many are governed by the few."

David Hume - Top 10 Quotes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfa_KSSG8BY

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

'taint easy
It seems the fatal error M. Maguire made was running at all. Didn't he resign as Trustee, to become a candidate for President? He certainly had his say about Steve McInnis at the debate, now for all to hear in the Council video archives. Maybe that was worth it to Martin, having a platform and megaphone for saying his piece. McInnis won by a wide enough margin, so any 'splitting of the ticket' was of little consequence. It would be very interesting to see the demographics of the vote. So Steve got the City Carpenter vote, and of course we know the Council employees voted for him-- the 608 Unity Team diehards, and so on. He basically has the supreme advantage of incumbency. Why he wants to be President defies reason; now we get less of a Political Director, and a tainted career politician whipping Delegates to rubber stamp the boss' bidding. Not in the direction of rank-and-file unionism, to say the least. But what is really on our minds: will Martin Maguire run for Trustee, again?

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

The sage
My response:
Dan Franco writes “Why did you decide to post this information now?” I wanted to expose for all to see  the perfidious nature of M.  Maguire and some of his supporters.  Dan Franco further writes “you are no sage” , “ you are naïve” and “ your viewpoint of McInnis is skewed/inaccurate”.  I was sagacious enough to know how he won. I spelt it out and others have confirmed it here on this site.  I humbly submitted this acumen for your education.  And in return you are lamenting that I am correct.  FYI:  championing  Maguire’s cause in the hopes of currying his and his supporters favor is a skewed and inaccurate strategy . Generally speaking you out poled him: he should be carrying your water.  He will stab you in the back the way he stabbed McInnis and every other brother he said he would back in an election going back to the 90’s. It is you who have shown yourself naïve, if for no other reason his supporters will never back someone from outside the parish!  In closing: Maguire had become intoxicated with the notion of power. I assure you he was not smart enough to do this on his own. Someone put this poison in ear. Sadly as his recompense he will taste the error of his way in the next election as he will not be able to get enough votes to be a trustee.  There is a new prince being groomed for that position!
Your humble servant
The Sage

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

Disapointed
A way forward: M. Maguire became intoxicated with power which obfuscated his judgement. Martins' best course of amelioration would be to summit with McInnis and admit his errors. Nothing says I was wrong like confession.  Who acted as the broker for the Keane people?  What was the price: or more to the point who was to be named a prince and in what  position of power.

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

Inquirering Mind
I too would love to know the details of how Maguire made the deal. He was not smart enough to come up with this plot on his own. Who approached him, what did he agree to; to get the support of John Keanes' deminishing supporters? More importantly what did he give up for the 30 pieces of silver?

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

The Sage
 Although most knew weeks in advance of what the outcome would be. The description of the inner turmoil Magauire was in when he realized he had been taken would be worth knowing. Say around 2, when he had retreated out of site, not even out front of few remaining troops: did he know then he was going to lose and lose badly. Not just the election but any hope of enjoying the sinews of this conflict.  No trolls like ed maudsley giving him the glorious news of the vote count. No vicious Paddy O'Neils to rub the defeated face in their lose. No, now Maguire will taste the error of his way and it will be a bitter cup to drink from indeed. I have much more to write. The grooming of a new prince is already under way.  If you think Maguire was lacking wait till you see who is next.

Re: Fatal errors made by Martin Maguire

daily reader
I hope this story doesn't die on the vine. It was getting very interesting. Somebody must know who from Keanes camp approached Maguire. What did Maguire give up for the support. Is it more than the Keane people are others from the past trying to inch their way back to power. Where is Gene Clark in this story. Gene is an honest man; what is his take?