FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

bulldog88
THE New York FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS Is Coming To Town.....Mobile Devices For Shop Stewards....Internet Fees Of $15,000 Per Month....Software Fee Of $80,000.....$7000 Per Month Tech Support.....The Judge Will Get a Free Demonstration On How The New Technology Works.....But The Circus FORGOT TO MENTION A FEW MAJOR FACTS!!!!!!!......(1) How Will The Carpenters Be Impacted By Taking Away Their Major Source Of Employment (The Out Of Work List)?......(2)The Union Says All Jersey Carpenters And Long Island Carpenters Must Be Matched.....But What Measures Are In Place To Stop These Company Workers From Transferring Locals And Joining LOCAL 157?.....(3) How Many Jobs Will Be Created By Using FULL MOBILITY VERSES THE OUT OF WORK LIST?.....(4) Mobile Devices DONT PREVENT FRAUD.....GOOD SHOP STEWARDS PREVENT FRAUD!!!!! IT Doesnt Matter If You Use (Electronic Steward Reports Or (Paper Steward REPORTS!!!!!!).....THE ENTIRE CIRCUS HAS GONE MAD!!!!!....ALL THEY TALK ABOUT IS MOBILE SHOP STEWARD DEVICES......BUT THEY FORGET TO MENTION ALL THE UNEMPLOYED  WHO MIGHT NEVER WORK AGAIN.....CAUSE THEY DESTROYED THE ONLY (SYSTEM OF GETTING A JOB)....A SYSTEM CALLED THE OUT OF WORK LIST!!!!!....PS.....WHAT METHODS ARE IN PLACE TO PREVENT (HACKERS) FROM DESTROYING ELECTRONIC STEWARD REPORTS?.....THE OLD PAPER STEWARD REPORTS WORKED JUST FINE!!!!!.....100 PERCENT HACKER PROOF!!!!!!.....SEE YOU GUYS AT THE SOUP KITCHEN FOR UNEMPLOYED CARPENTERS!!!!....http://local157.blogspot.com/2013/02/compliance-provisions-related-to-full.html#more

Re: FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

dockbuilder
I also see another problem with the matching of out of towners. What if the next guy on that list is an out of towner? then you have two out of towners and no money going into out benifit funds. Where did they come up with this would close the 2 million hour hole?

Re: FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

dockbuilder
If you want to see how full mobility works on the out of work list just look for dockbuilder dispatches in the book at the school. We have had total full mobility forever and no shop steward off the list just look you will get a good idea of what is instore.

Re: FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

Old-timer
The dockbuilders did not have full mobility forever. Please do some research before you post.

IF I Owned A SHEETROCK Company In New York...And Had To Hire Union Workers...I Would Only HIRE Carpenters That Had Local 157 Union Cards......Because Hiring Carpenters From The Jersey or Long Island Locals Would COST MY COMPANY 100 PERCENT MORE IN WAGES & BENEFITS.....EXAMPLE.....If Joe The Carpenter Worked For Me And Was From The Jersey Local....Under The New Full Mobility Rules....Every Time I Sent Joe Out On a Job....I Would Have To Call The Local And Have Joe (Matched) With 1 Carpenter From The Out Of Work List...This Guy JOE Is C0STING My Company Money!!!!!....So Here Is The PLAN......HIRE ONLY COMPANY WORKERS THAT HAVE 157 Union Cards....And I Will Never Have To (MATCH) A Guy Ever AGAIN!!!!!.....Meanwhile Thousands OF Carpenters On The Out Of Work List WILL NEVER WORK AGAIN....AND ALL THE CORRUPT COMPANIES WIN.....They KEEP ALL THEIR (COMPANY WORKERS).....THEY NO LONGER HAVE TO MATCH CARPENTERS)......AND THEY HAVE DESTROYED THE UNION......NO BENEFITS FOR THOUSANDS OF CARPENTERS ON THE OUT OF WORK LIST?.....WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE OUTCOME IS!!!!

Re: FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

bulldog88
Is FULL MOBILITY A Form Of Discrimination?....Should It Be LEGAL?....Telling Carpenters That If You Have a Union Card With The Words (New Jersey) Or (Long Island) Written On The Union Card...You Must Be (Matched From The Out Of Work List) And Cannot Work In Certain Areas......Whats Next?.....Black Carpenters Can Only Work On The East Side Of Manhattan....While White Carpenters Are Allowed To Work On The West Side?.....This Is The United Brotherhood Of Carpenters?.....And I Tell You 1 More Thing.....If You Have a Union Card With The Words (New Jersey Or Long Island) Or Where-Ever Written On It....I Would Be Very Concerned....Because WHO THE HELL WOULD EVER HIRE YOU FOR A JOB IN MANHATTAN EVER AGAIN?.....Ever Time They HIRE YOU FOR A JOB....You Are COSTING A COMPANY EXTRA MONEY BECAUSE THEY MUST MATCH 1 CARPENTER TO FOLLOW YOU AROUND WHERE EVER YOU GO!!!!....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination

Re: FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

bravo659
I agree with you Bullldog 100 percent.
Whats happening with this new rule. It renders the contractors an open road of hiring who they want.
They really don't need to hire owl carpenters. They want to eliminate carpenters that is not productive.
If the contractor will not hire an owl carpenter then how long is the wait. Matters well quit and move on.
That is the push on carpenters. Limit who can work when and where.
That is discrimination but when its on law and signed is no longer discriminatory.
I believe that Judge Berman should strikedown this policy because is discriminatory practices.
Judge Berman do not approve these practices is in controvention of Federal Law.

Re: FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

bravo659
Dockbuilder how long was the full mobility on your end?

Re: FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

dockbuilder
ive been in for 14 years and there has never been matching off the list since i got in. If there was something before that maybe but to the best of my knowlege we never had it ask old-timmer he seems to disagree.

Re: FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

Old Timer
 the dockbuilders full mobility started in the 1980s. Im not sure of the exact year, I think it was 1983 or 84. I'll have to look it up. But I do remember it wasn't too popular with the men at that time.

Re: FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

Desi
Is not gonna be too popular with the men today.

Re: FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

intown
there are out of towners who have local 157 union cards local 45 have alot of long islanders in that local

every queens job i have been on all came from l.i

Re: FULL MOBILITY CIRCUS COMING TO NEW YORK!!!

Desi
Yep its true.
The jobs i've been all carpenters live in Long Island.

I think there should be some contract for companies to hire carpenters
from the owl for steady work.
With this mobility issue a lot of them will not be working for a long time.
If you think that 1 year waiting to go back out, think again.
This mobility will hurt a lot of carpenters.
I am currently advising a lot of carpenters that need to upgrade their skills to do it as soon as possible.
Framing, Drywall and Acoustical Ceilings is whats happening now.
Certifications is a must with companies like Donaldson...