FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

bulldog88
When a member of the carpenters union (Who is NOT unemployed) puts their name on the (Out of work) list....this is called FRAUD.....But somehow this is allowed to happen in our union?.....Company workers who are full time employees are told by their foremans to put their names on the (out of work list) at 3pm....and go down the block to the next job in the morning.....the next morning the foreman calls the out of work list and requests that carpenter off the out of work list (The Fraud is Now accomplished!!).......This policy has been going on for years now....What is the result of this?........(1) Fraud is Taking place and nobody has done a dam thing....(2) They say that the out of work list doesnt move because workers leave the job too early before their 25 days are up???...THATS REAL FUNNY!!!!!.....The Reason the Work List Doesnt Move is Because FRAUD is Taking Place....Requesting your own workers from the out of work list when they  are NOT Unemployed is the reason the list doesnt move....and is the reason some carpenters are on the List (FOR OVER 1 YEAR!!!!!!)....And is the Reason why We Lost Our Dental and Eye Glass Coverage/No Hours From Thousands of Carpenters Equal Lost Benefits.....And is the REASON THE PENSION FUND Will Go Down the TOILET Next!!!!!!!.....Thousands of Hard Working Carpenters are Being screwed because of this (OUT OF WORK LIST).....The Rules of These Retirement Plans Basically says (That all Members Have a Right To Participate In a Pension Plan).....Yet That is Not True With The Carpenters Union....How Can a Member Participate in a Pension Plan When You Need at Least 300 Hours Per Year to Participate?....And That Member is On The Out Of Work List For 1 Year?....If You Have a Few BAD YEARS....And Have Not Yet Been Vested....The Union Can Take Away All Your Pension Credits For (LACK OF HOURS).....And Now They Come Up With This IDEA Called (Full Mobility?)....FORGETABOUTIT!!!!!.....If They Get Full Mobility The Carpenters UNION IS OVER!!!!......Thank you for building this BLOG....And providing info.....THE UNION DOESNT TELL US (SH#T)....I Heard They Are Changing The Out Of Work List????.......WHY HAVNT MEMBERS BEEN NOTIFIED YET BY THE DISTRICT COUNCIL?

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

gotcha
the nycdcc is a criminal organization that is run by the mob. no other way this can go on if the mob was not in full control.

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

Danny Green
We have to do something. STAND UP NOW. Or we will be bent over an ransacked forever

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

157journeyman
The out of work list is a joke...The structure of our job referral system will be the downfall of the nydcc... it is the reason for so many unqualified journeyman out here... I saw a journeyman come to a job the other day that had no idea how to put ceiling tiles into an acoustical ceiling... a 4th yr Apprentice that had been doing deliveries for his whole apprenticeship and had no idea how to even cut a piece of stud... we must start a job referral rotation system similar to local 3 but much more complex considering the diversity of our Union...apprentices and journeymen must be qualified in particular fields, once they are qualified in the fields they become eligible for the rotation program in the job referral section related to those fields... companies cannot maintain company formen or company journeymen or company apprentices... when a company has a job they must call the referral list and request a forman and any journeyman and apprentices they need... this will insure the qualification of our members as well as give beach member a fair share at a reasonable amount of yearly work hours

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

tester
...even if you've never done it before  :

..."Acoustic ceiling tiles are very easy to install and require a minimum of tools and supplies. All you need are the ceiling tiles themselves, a stapler, glue, and a sharp knife. You can place acoustic ceiling tiles over plywood, drywall, furring strips or any flat surface that may already exist.

Before you begin, find the part of the ceiling which is the most square. You can easily do this by measuring. First measure one wall to 6 feet and make a small mark. Measure the opposite wall and make a mark at 8 feet. Measure the distance in between the two. If its 10 feet it's perfectly square. As long as you're within a ½ inch you should be alright to start the ceiling tiles.

Standard acoustic ceiling tiles have four lips. Two of the lips are larger than the other two. The larger of the two lips always faces you when you're hanging the tiles. Start by attaching the first tile squarely in the corner. Attach using the staple gun and a little glue. Put at least two staples in each side of the tile. If any of the staples are sticking out on the lip, you will need to counter sink them slightly with a nail set.

Slide the second tiles small lip onto the first tiles small lip. Make sure the ends are completely flush. Attach with the staple gun making sure to put two staples in each exposed side and counter sinking any overly exposed staples with the nail set. Continue along in this fashion until you have completed the first row. When you reach the end you will need to measure and cut the piece. Scribe with a utility knife on the finished side and gently fold in half to break it at your cut. Inspect each tile as you go along to make sure it's not damaged along the corners. You can use a broken tile for the end where you need to cut.

Once the first row is complete, start back at the beginning of the row. Slide the second piece into the last row and adjust until the edges are completely square. If it's off a bit, you can readjust the tile as you go, just don't put to many staples in it. Once you have adjusted it properly, finish stapling it off before you cover it with the next tile. Work your way along the rest of the room until you reach the end. You may need to cut the far end into small strips. Use a utility knife as in the previous steps to cut the ceiling tile"...

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

157journeyman
what the hell are you talking about.. we don't need you to give instruction on how to put in ceiling tiles on a blog spot... a 3 year old cann put ceiling tiles in, a one eye one arm 3 year old.. we need better training when you have a guy who's been in the Union for 12 years and never did ceiling tiles since his apprenticeship there is a problem friend... and the problem is not with him, it is with the Union. because we kept him as a member on the out of work list with a valid card when he was not fully qualified in all the skill sets. we need to stop companies from having study workers. companies should not know foreman personally or any of the workers the workers and the foreman should be a sign per job each job.. also when you respond to a post please put something relevant you gave an instruction on ceiling tiles and that was not the point the point was to show that there are journeyman out here who have been in for years and can't even do a simple task like ceiling tiles  okay we didn't need you to give a description if you're a journeyman and you can't put ceiling tiles and then you shouldn't be a journeyman.

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

Vinnie
Funny how the last guy said that the council is under mob control. Really? If they were still, we would all be working and not on the blog complaining. Remember that the RO " cleaned up this council of mob influence". Just read all his interim reports about his fucking outstanding job. That shitbag praises himself more than Charlie Sheen. When the mob was in our council, I always worked and so did my fellow brothers. Everyone had a piece of the pie! How big is your slice of pie now? Do you even have a slice? Probably not. Being the mob back and work will flourish once again. Being back your BA's who gave a shit and recognized a hard working member, not the shitbags who weigh our council down. My BA always took care of me. He in turn got respect from the contractors for sending out a hard worker which in turn made the wheels of labor spin freely. What has your business rep done for you lately? Can't give you a job can he? Most of them lie anyway and put in their reports that they hit jobs to appease the council. The business reps of today are nothing more than useless puppets who support the agendas of ridiculous leaders with no backbone

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

130AYEAR
STUPID IDEA....JUST SAYIN

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

Greg KELTY
It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Mike Bilello and Bill Lebo campaigned on how they were going to fix the OWL and established a modified shape hall. Here it is 13 months later and EST Bilello has done absolutely nothing to reform the OWL or have a modified shape hall. I personally brought the issue before the delegate body 3 or four times and was told they were looking into it. I was told the same thing when I asked about a research department for the Organizing and Political Action departments. It seems nothing constructive happens at the DC that will benefit the members. I did see them push some issues like automatic raises for council reps, organizers and IG staff. but when it comes to doing something that will benefit the rank and file all you get is, we'll have to look into that and it gets shelved or tabled indefinitely.

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

marc ballroom

Greg  makes valid points.

 What we need to do is elect 100 people as delegates who think the same way.

  Time has come to kick the council lifers to the street before its to late to undo the damage they have caused.

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

PileDriversLocal2375
all you old bums are just mad cause you been calling this damn out of work list # & cant get no work! get off your lazy ass and hit the jobs up like real ubc members do!

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

Frankie Full Mobility
The list is being manipulated by 9th floor insiders for a select few.

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

Five Aces
Do Tell!

Or I this another attempt to make it appear as though you care, but steadfast members that know better don't say such nonsense, at least not in public anyway.

There's a myriad of constructive addressing needing to be done about the very issue you write of notwithstanding all others.

You & about three thousand of your "brethren" is what's needed. The quicker you get started the quicker you'll own your council again.

Re: FRAUD with the out of work list and how it will DESTROY the UNION

Five Aces
One would think with a newly formed democracy the issue would not be put off for another dozen years