Executive Delegates.

Pat Nee
Section 12, (A) thru (L). I find it interesting that there is no mention of any compensation for the executive delegates who will, negotiate all contracts, prepare the annual budget for the council, get bids from three vendors for all purcases in excess of $1000 at the council, make recommendations on compensation and hiring of all non clerical council employees, pick the persons for Inspector General, Chief Compliance officer, Director of Human Resources and Chief Accountant, publish the Carpenter Magazine, handle all public relations,  develop the organizing plan,  preview all proposed bylaw changes, police the shop stewards, and shall do a    report on the councils financial condition and operations which they must present to the delegates twice a month. Seems like a lot to do after you finish your day job, and apparently for absolutely no compensation.

Re: Executive Delegates.

A Member...

Have You ever worked{Non-Union and or Union] for "On Par"?

No this is NOT davenport or anyone with any agenda.

Please reply to the question!

a member

Re: Executive Delegates.

Levi

Re: Executive Delegates.

william davenport
Banned User

Re: Executive Delegates.

Pat Nee
No.  I never did. Any other stupid questions?

Re: Executive Delegates.

Pat Nee
Try adding up the time necessary to fulfill all the duties of an executive delegate.
They will be negotiating all contracts, so how many days are you going to miss work doing that?
Two Executive delegate meetings and two delegate meetings every month.
Come up with and implement an effective shop stewards review, and police the stewards? How long will that take?
How many cases a month would you have to look into? And make reports. And make the two reports for the delegate body every month.
There are not enough hours in the day to do all that has been given to the executive delegates and hold down a job.
So I guess that these positions are expected to be filled by council employees,  but the time constraints are still there . Are they going to use vacation days to negotiate contracts? Or is the executive delegate position going to be salaried?
This looks to me like the UBC set it up so that only council employees could be Executive delegates, but if the Council is going to allow their employees to do something other than what they were hired to do during their normal work hours, then this is just another case of smoke and mirrors.
If you are so interested in “saving” this union, start looking at things realistically and stop the bullshit. The duties given to the executive delegates would be sufficient to make it a full time job. So if it is not salaried, how are the Executive delegates supporting themselves?