EXCLUSION OF RELATIVES FROM BARGAINING UNIT

EXCLUSION OF RELATIVES FROM BARGAINING UNIT

Ted
U.S. Supreme Court
NLRB v. ACTION AUTOMOTIVE, INC., 469 U.S. 490 (1985)
469 U.S. 490
NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD v. ACTION AUTOMOTIVE, INC.
CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE SIXTH CIRCUIT

No. 83-1416.

Argued October 29, 1984
Decided February 19, 1985

The converse is thus true & applicable to Labor Organizations. Union rank & file members need to use such precedent when the UBC appoints such individuals, and/or allows same to run for Elections for any Union Officer (Constitutional) position defined by the LMRDA/OLMS.

This case has not been overturned. Hey, Mike McCarron - you are thus excluded from accepting your brother Doug's nomination to be the next UBC General President.

Re: EXCLUSION OF RELATIVES FROM BARGAINING UNIT

BKLYN
if he has a union card he is already a member of the bargaining unit as are we all who hold a card. Are you saying an officer cannot nominate a relative for an elected position in which that person would be on the bargaining commitee?  That seems to go against the US Constitution especially in the most sacred free speech arena. A bargaining unit is a group of workers bargaining collectively with their employer/s. Am I missing something Ted?