EST elections

Donny Arana
Unfortunately they're working on taking the rank and files right to vote for Est, Pres & VP.  They plan on having only the Delegates to the District Council vote for these positions.... Sad but true.  That's the real deal.

Re: EST elections

anon
Banned User

Re: EST elections

Donny Arana
My trusted crystal ball. just joking, a very reliable source that's never wrong ever.

Re: EST elections

What about the consent decree?How would they get rid of it?How do we stop them?

Re: EST elections

Everybody
Yes it is true! Told by the powers to be! Bye bye union you guys will never work again! By the summer the marketshare will be 12o/o!

Re: EST elections

Daniel J. Franco
The Forde, Thomassen, and McCarron have been working on the removal of the Consent Decree pretty much since they got into their NYCDCC and UBC officer positions. The Consent Decree is not going to be vacated any time too soon. The Consent Decree's continuance was actually reaffirmed with the Forde et al indictment (and will be again with the forthcoming indictment/s). The indictment was in large part the reason for the change from an Independent Investigator (II) to a Review Officer (RO), which has expanded powers over the NYCDCC and the affiliated* local unions (LU). (*The US Judges, the US DOJ and the RO all continue to use the incorrect term 'constituent'. LU's are not constituents of councils; they are affiliates. There is a significant difference between these terms.) The Consent Decree is not likely to be vacated until the government is sure there is NO control by organized crime, which is not just La Cosa Nostra, but any racketeers. I don't see that happening any time too soon.

RE: EST elections

Daniel J. Franco
Donny, if you would, please expand upon how and why your "very reliable source that's never wrong ever" has determined that the 'rank-and-file' will lose their right to vote directly for the NYCDCC officer, which is mandated by the 1994 Consent Decree? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Tilt™ 2, a Windows® phone from AT&T

Re: EST elections

Not SO Fast
That battle is just begining. At Bilello's pre-motion conferance Conboy stated that they are not going to contest Mikes schedule for elections because they know they can't win that battle because Spencer wasted the first 9 months covering up and protecting criminals. Conboy said the International would seek election rule's changes including delegate voting for DC officers. This is clearly an attempt to cause election delays by tieing things up in court. Bilello reminded Judge Berman that we used to have delegate voting for council officers and the disaster that was. First Teddy Maritis dissapeared and never to be found in an apparent Mob Hit. Next Pascal McGinness orchestrated the robbery on the construction of 395 Hudson St. indicted for RICO and banished from NY. And Freddy Devine went to jail for stealing from the membership. He also pointed out that the Delegate body was a rubber stamp for Forde and Thomassen and nothing would have changed with delegate voting. Mike will be fighting for ONE MAN ONE VOTE via membership wide mail-in ballots in federal court but he needs your help. If you want a chance to vote for Mike start writing to Judge Berman and demand membership wide mail-in election and let him know that McCarron is a lowlife dictator. If we can get a court decision for membership voting we can change the entire UBC and save the membership for this Tyrant. THIS COURT CASE COULD CHANGE HISTORY AND GIVE THE MEMBERSHIP CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN. It's time to join together as one and win this fight. I can't wait to cast my vote for Mike Bilello and FUCK DOUG McCARRON.

Re: EST elections

Ted
Can you post the Name, Address, Case Number etc for Members to write Judge Berman so people can get these in on time?

Also, will this judge accept "ex-parte" communications from non-named litigants to this case? Or, has he invited members response/opinions etc in some manner?

Re: EST elections

608 hammer
Without lifting the consent decree this will never happen!The consent decree is the only thing saving New York now.

Re: EST elections

As far as I know, NYCDCC is the only UBC Regional Council nationwide with a Civil RICO Consent Decree - and through it, the rank & file UBC members retain the right to vote for EST in direct elections, not via appointed delegate asswipes.

No other Regional Council of the UBC has this right. Since Harrington v. Chao issued, the EST's have only cemented their Dictatorial Control via each successive CBA, allegedly negotiated for the rank & file's benefit.

UBC members in all other Regional Councils have exactly zero rights - as Doug McCarron & his EST's & the Contractors have shit all over the CBA Language, in complete & utter disregard for the NLRA and have written langauge into the CBA's granting the EST's full Dictatorial Control with no check from the Council E-Board allowed.

McCarron's policies have the confirmation & blessing of the NLRB Regional Directors and the Secretary of Labor as none have dared challenge him on what would easily be a winnable case were the SOL or any of her Regional NLRB Direcotrs to bring suit against him. This dictum also includes the OLMS arm of the DOL as they refuse to conduct a legitimate & substantive investigation into the matter - even when presented with primae-facie evidence that the UBC Constitution & Regional Council Bylaws & CBA contracts violate the NLRA Act as written & amended. Both offices have also ignored know precedent cases in the matter and simply refuse to act.

That is the essence of corruption, bought & paid for with your dues & work assessment monies!

NYCDCC is the last vestige of McCarrons Dream - killing New York too, via the elimination of your right to direct Election of EST by the rank & file actual working man.

When he gets this done - he will write his Mein Kempf memoirs Hitler style on some off-shore Island with his stolen UBC monies drawn from all those offshore accounts.

Or, he could write his memoirs from Prison?

What will Conboy do now? Will he sell out the UBC like the Teamsters? Probably....he too needs to go, as he is part of the problem. He will solve nothing for the UBC or for NYCDCC members. His role is to come in as that of the "annointed one", Obama style & he will tell the Judge why Douggie needs this unfettered Dictatorial Regime to go unchallenged and he will use the Teamsters RICO case....the Labor Experiment to demonstrate to the judge that members are too stupid to know what's best for them, that they are too lazy to get out & vote were they given the chance & even if they did vote, they would not comprehend what their vote means or the issues for the greater good - you know, in this challenging new World Order, the Global Economy snowjob (i.e. CUFTA, NAFTA, CAFTA &  dozen other Free Trade Agreements wherein the US mfg. & industrial base, and source of many UBC jobs were shipped overseas to third-world shithole nations)

Conboy, although feigning to be your friend is just another in a long series of good bullshitters & liars & he will sell your ass down the river, or is Hoffa not running the Teamsters again? Members need to read some of these cases & studies on the Teamster RICO suit.

Conjob Conboy at your service.

The best defense is an educated workforce & the UBC hates this website, because you expose the truth & even when members argue amongst themsleves, it is demonstrative proof that members can certainly handle the issues and that they are capable of informed intelligent debate. You guys have to be prepared to take this issue to the Supreme Court & should prepare accordingly.

Re: EST elections

ONE MAN, ONE VOTE, MAIL IN BALLOTS, WHO SAID WHAT WHEN............

Re: EST elections

Donny Arana
Im happy to be proven wrong. That was their plan, it didn't work out for them
That's 1 for the good guys. Thanks to all the warriors.

Re: EST elections

happy
If being wrong makes you happy, why are you  so miserable when you are wrong so very often?

Re: EST elections

Donny - I re-posted this because of its significance, as in - where we were then and where we are now. You got the ball rolling on this topic, so kudos. And everyone knows that was Conboy & McCarron's plan all along, ala the Harrington v. Chao suit in NERCC from the 1st Circuit.

This took a lot of voices and conversation and action on many members parts & the UBC & Conboy took this one on the chin when they expected zero opposition. Don't matter who starts it or who finishes it, whatever the issue. The point is - it's a collective effort and that's what a brotherhood is all about. The suits just don't get it and they never will.

Recognition of the issue is half the battle. You saw it, called them on it, everyone chimed in and Doug lost. Rememeber, while we're at work, the schemers are hard at work planning their next move & you have to stay one step ahead of them and always be vigilant.

Next battle is a clean sweep of all the delegates who voted for the MOU's. Time for new blood and brothers and sisters who stand for all and aren't in it to line their own pockets.

Re: EST elections

Donny Arana
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: EST elections

Re: EST elections

ROBERT KWIECINSKI
Once the Decree is gone ,then what do you have. Nothing. Mccaron steps in and wipes you out. What is the guarentee the the Decree will still be in place after the elections ?