Do the Carpenters matter?

Norman
Is establishing dialogue and coalitions with other unions and community groups
important to our survival as an influential political and social organization?

A major gathering (that our leaders haven’t told you about) will take place on:
Sunday September 21st 11:30 am.
To establish a position of power we need the support from outside.
No mater what your politics, this is an opportunity to be seen as an active
and concerned union. Wear your union colors (tee shirts).
Join other unions and a variety of community groups.
This is a political act that our sleeping “political action department” didn’t care about!

New York City - Peoples Climate March 11 am
Sunday September 21st

Assembling at the North side of Columbus Circle
Line of march - 11:30 am:
Columbus Circle east on 59th Street;
South on 6th Avenue;
West on 42nd Street;
11th Avenue South to 38th to 34th Streets

Re: Do the Carpenters matter?

Ethics
This is an invitation to change everything.
In September, world leaders are coming to New York City for a UN summit on the climate crisis. UN Secretary­ General Ban Ki-­moon is urging governments to support an ambitious global agreement to dramatically reduce global warming pollution.

With our future on the line and the whole world watching, we’ll take a stand to bend the course of history. We’ll take to the streets to demand the world we know is within our reach: a world with an economy that works for people and the planet; a world safe from the ravages of climate change; a world with good jobs, clean air and water, and healthy communities.

http://peoplesclimate.org/march/

Re: Do the Carpenters matter?

Ted
Here's a novel idea:

Stop building on every square inch of available land. Go plant a tree. Heck, as Union Carpenters & in the name of solidarity with your fellow union brothers & sisters, go plant a dozen trees.

A little urban renewal could go a long way. Get your so called politicians involved and tear down a few ghetto's here & there & re-dedicate them and the land they occupy to Mother Earth - right? After all, if she is the God you worship, by all means honor her.

It's almost laughable given that it's akin to the pot calling the kettle black; e.g. do as we say, not as we do - right? It was that Gordon Gecko "greed is good" mentality which deforested Manhattan & created the urban jungle; was it not?

Plant a tree

Norman
We would like to thank you for volunteering to plant a tree. Ex-mayor Bloomberg wanted to plant trees with our last dollar. You, it appears, are willing to get your own hands dirty. You may contact me through John M. or on line. I'll arrange to join you on an urban or rural environmental field trip; there are several in our area. If you have a favorite please let us all know. This could be an alternative to a 'build a ramp' or 'repair a house' project. No political action credits, just a, sweaty, good time.

Re: Plant a tree

Ethics
After you plant the tree, do you hug it, too?

Re: Plant a tree

Ethics
You speak of a sweaty good time, Norman: are you daydreaming about being surrounded by fat sweaty men again?