Dental Insurance

retired 157 steward
Started looking into doctors any good ones in my area don't take it what a bullshit policy better of with nothing .God knows how much it's costing the union someone defiantly got a kickback for this .You can't tell me there weren't better plans out there even if we had to pay a small deductible ,what a waste of money

Re: Dental Insurance

Dr Teeth
DC dental no good Check
Local dental no good Check
Welfare dental no good Check
You discovered a place to complain Check
Go to a dental school?
Go to south america?
Move to irland?
Have a plumber or garage worker get a plier?
or
Ask someone who cares
you won't find anyone here

Re: Dental Insurance

alpineto
The only people who will make money off
this is aetna , none of the members will end up using
this plan  it,s a joke the district council has failed the
membership again .

Re: Dental Insurance

1456 Dockie
 Make sure you spread the word loud and clear and vote your conscious in December

Re: Dental Insurance

Daniel J. Franco

Yes, but for whom do suggest are we to vote?

On Aug 18, 2014 6:23 PM, "1456 Dockie [via A Mobilized Membership Is An Irresistible Force]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
 Make sure you spread the word loud and clear and vote your conscious in December

http://a-mobilized-membership-is-an-irresistible-force.984137.n3.nabble.com/Dental-Insurance-tp4029146p4029149.html
To start a new topic under A Mobilized Membership Is An Irresistible Force, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from A Mobilized Membership Is An Irresistible Force, click here.
NAML

Re: Dental Insurance

alpineto
we,ll have to see who,s running for EST

Re: Dental Insurance

Daniel J. Franco

That's part of my point - who is running for NYCDCC EST? And for president? And for vice-president? I've only heard rumors/whispers of but one alternative EST candidate and of but one presidential candidate.

http://a-mobilized-membership-is-an-irresistible-force.984137.n3.nabble.com/Dental-Insurance-tp4029146p4029151.html
To start a new topic under A Mobilized Membership Is An Irresistible Force, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from A Mobilized Membership Is An Irresistible Force, click here.
NAML

Re: Dental Insurance

Five Aces
Pop Quiz Dan:

What if there is no opposing candidate, will you bring us through this as a viable one?

Re: Dental Insurance

alpineto
All we can hope for is it,s someone decent
these current guy,s need to go in a hurry .

Re: Dental Insurance

Bob
You are so right. I've found the same thing here where I live. The scraped the bottom of the barrel with this one. And all of our union leaders are patting themselves on the back. They give us the crumbs and walk around with a loaf of bread under each arm.

Re: Dental Insurance

 Retired # 157
 Just signed up with Aetna Dental - -  God Help Us ,  we need it - -  I went over the reviews again and these dentists suck . And the worst part is you must pick a Primary Dentist from the list , if you dont you can:t enroll . Everybody go to the drug store and buy a big jar of Vasoline - - you need it , this sounds like the worst plan around .

Re: Dental Insurance

retired shoppy
You are 100% right. most of the dentist are from "Great Expressions Dental", a horrible place that robs you blind and treats you worse then a dog. Just read some of the reviews on the internet. I know people who have gone there, and warned me to stay the hell away. This DMO shit is horrible. The good dentists take PPO. I paid $50 a month for the Cigna crap we had before this. Same doctors. Had me go to these Hindus who are robbing people blind. Needed a crown replaced because I had a root canal peformed under it. The crown cracked. This money pit took xrays and made a list of thousands of dollars of work they say I needed. All I'm thinking is just fix the fucking crown. They call me 2 weeks later and say my responsibility is $780. I look in the book and there is nothing that cost that much. They pick out 5 or 6 things they say has to be done. Its a God damned scam. I called Cigna and they do nothing to look into it. They tell me if you didn't have insurance it would cost $4500.00. $4500 for one fucking crown? Got rid of Cigna. Was happy to hear about this Aetna thing until I went looking for a primary care dentist. This is absolute garbage and you will not get 100% of basic work and 80% of special stuff. They will milk you dry and nobody gives a flying fuck. The only thing that might not cost you is xrays and cleanings. The cleanings will be fast and inefficient. When I had the root canal done I lucked out because the Hindus were on vacation and it was an emergency because I had an infection, and alot of pain. Cigna said find a licensed endodontist that does root canals and they would reimburse me. The dentist gave me gas and it was painless. $1300 and they reimbursed me the whole thing. If the Hindu money pit was opened I cant imagine what it would have cost, as well as the pain I would have endured from them trying to get me out as fast as possible. The Hindus are on the Aetna list after all the listings for great expressions. Nagpul they're called. I live in Sullivan county now. I'm sure you have a better selection in the city, but they're still bottom of the barrell dentists. The attorney general should really look into the practices of these places, and the insurance companies that let them function. Bottom line is this dental plan is horrible and you'll see for yourselves as you use it. Go to a out of network dentist and get back whatever you can. Its your best bet.

Re: Dental Insurance

alpineto
That,s the problem you do not get reimbursed for
anything if you use out of network

Re: Dental Insurance

inside out
why couldnt they go back to the old policy we used to have s i d s every dentist took that

Re: Dental Insurance

retired shoppy
they should reimbures you for out of network. they should pay whatever it would cost if you used in network. If its more, then you pay the difference.

Re: Dental Insurance

alpineto
Call up the benefit funds and let them know
your not happy with this new plan  spread the word to other members

Re: Dental Insurance

 Retired # 157
Hey Al - -  don:t you think they already know that the plan sucks ,  they read what s said on this site and I:m sure they talk to others . Bottom line - - they don:t care about it. When it:s time for elections , thats when everybody cares , and thats when you let them know that they are out . Maybe someone got a nice kickback for this plan . This plan is one of the worse if not the worse . But what you said is the only thing left to do - - -  Complain - -  make phone calls , tell everyone . Their isn:t any good reviews about the dentists that take this DMO.

Re: Dental Insurance

retired shoppy
I'm wondering? Are the active members going to get PPO? That's how it was before this when we paid for Cigna. We got a letter saying retired members pay $50 a month for the DMO, and the active members got the ppo. Boy, would that be disgraceful. I paid for all the guy who retired with full no-cost benefits all the years I worked. Been paying $235 a month for the past 2 years for medical. Now its gonna be cut in half, which is great. Still not free like the guys I helped pay for. But this dental for the retirees is absolutely horrible. All you guys working out there, dont forget time flys. You'll be retired before you know it. Set yourself up right if you are smart. Stand up and be heard. Set up your future. Complaining is how unions were started. That moron above who thinks members complain to much doesnt have the brains to realize that. You dont complain about injustices, and they'll keep shoving it up your ass.

Re: Dental Insurance

 Retired # 157
Hey Shoppy , you should read things correctly - - - Nobody above said members complain too much ! We said  " Complain "  , make phone calls , talk to people .  Maybe your the Moron above or you need glasses . You should:t try and name call - - sometimes it backfires , no what I mean , It:s fine to not agree with someone , but do it the right way . Voice your opinion - -  thats why we post on this site - - But we don:t have to knock someone . Have a great day .

Re: Dental Insurance

retired shoppy
I wasn't talking about you Einstien. I was talking about the Dr Teeth post above. Read all the posts. It's obvious from what I've said in my posts I would most likely agree with you. NO?
12