Quantcast

Dennis Walsh = Racketeer

I removed the post titled "Dennis Walsh = Racketeer." The post is inaccurate and libelous. Constructive criticism is welcome, as we all benefit from such advice. Obnoxious inaccurate and libelous comments are not welcome.

The writer did not cite the 36 invoices of the RO housed on this site (24 released at once last year and six more released in December 2012 as Exhibit 15 to the Fifth Interim Report), which show that the average monthly payment to the RO has been in the low $30,000 dollar range (and sometimes lower), not $80,000 to $90,000, and that the RO routinely write off time which could have been billed to the Union. Obviously, this has all been documented publicly. The RO will be releasing his Sixth Interim Report today and it will surely include additional invoices since November 2012.  Further, Fitzmaurice &Walsh, LLP was dissolved in November 2012 and no longer exists.

As for the RO's record of accomplishments and the improvement of the Union since June 2010, I think it is quite obvious from the five reports the RO has filed, and will be further evident with the filing of the Sixth today.

Re: Dennis Walsh = Racketeer

EST For'em
Racket (crime)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

A racket is a service that is fraudulently offered to solve a problem, such as for a problem that does not actually exist, will not be affected, or would not otherwise exist. Conducting a racket is racketeering.[1] Particularly, the potential problem may be caused by the same party that offers to solve it, although that fact may be concealed, with the specific intent to engender continual patronage for this party. A prototype is the protection racket, wherein a person or group indicates that they could protect a store from potential damage, damage that the same person or group would otherwise inflict, while the correlation of threat and protection may be more or less deniably veiled, distinguishing it from the more direct act of extortion.

Racketeering is often associated with organized crime, and the term was coined by the Employers' Association of Chicago in June 1927 in a statement about the influence of organized crime in the Teamsters union.[2]
Contents

    1 The RICO Act
    2 See also
    3 References
    4 External links

The RICO Act
Main article: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act

On October 15, 1970, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (18 U.S.C. §§ 1961–1968), commonly referred to as the "RICO Act", became United States law. The RICO Act allowed law enforcement to charge a person or group of people with racketeering, defined as committing multiple violations of certain varieties within a ten-year period. The purpose of the RICO Act was stated as "the elimination of the infiltration of organized crime and racketeering into legitimate organizations operating in interstate commerce". S.Rep. No. 617, 91st Cong., 1st Sess. 76 (1968). However, the statute is sufficiently broad to encompass illegal activities relating to any enterprise affecting interstate or foreign commerce.

Section 1961(10) of Title 18 provides that the Attorney General of the United States may designate any department or agency to conduct investigations authorized by the RICO statute and such department or agency may use the investigative provisions of the statute or the investigative power of such department or agency otherwise conferred by law. Absent a specific designation by the Attorney General, jurisdiction to conduct investigations for violations of 18 U.S.C. § 1962 lies with the agency having jurisdiction over the violations constituting the pattern of racketeering activity listed in 18 U.S.C. § 1961.[3]

In the U.S., civil racketeering laws are also used in federal and state courts. The National Federation of Independent Business challenged these civil laws in 2006 for being excessively abusive.[4]
See also

Alleged criminal organizations

    American Mafia
    Camorra
    Chechen mafia
    Dixie Mafia
    Irish mob
    'Ndrangheta
    Russian mafia
    Sacra Corona Unita
    Sicilian Mafia
    Triad (underground societies)
    Yakuza
    Eastcoast Mafia Family (EMF)
    Mexican Mafia

Law enforcement and other administrative organizations in the United States

    Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    Drug Enforcement Administration
    Federal Air Marshal Service
    Federal Bureau of Investigation
    Internal Revenue Service
    U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
    U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
    United States Border Patrol
    United States Marshals Service
    United States Postal Inspection Service
    United States Secret Service

Other

    Arms trafficking
    Drug cartel
    Organized crime
    Organized retail crime
    Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act
    Rum-running
    Scam, con artist
    Terrorism
    Tobacco industry
    Underground economy

References

    ^ "Racketeering". Dictionary.com. Retrieved 2012-29-06.
    ^ David Witwer, "'The Most Racketeer-Ridden Union in America': The Problem of Corruption in the Teamsters Union During the 1930s", in Corrupt Histories, Emmanuel Kreike and William Chester Jordan, eds., University of Rochester Press, 2004. ISBN 1-58046-173-5
    ^ "Organized Crime and Racketeering". Usdoj.gov. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
    ^ "NFIB Fights Abuse of Civil RICO Laws against Small Business" at NFIB.com[dead link]

External links

    "Organized Crime." Oxford Bibliographies Online: Criminology.

Re: Dennis Walsh = Racketeer

rolling over
Yeah Dennis is great, that is why we have 35 delegates out of 48, no members participation allowed in this so called union, and show me one bill from dennis that was below $60,000 for any month. And no I do not give a rats ass if Dennis is pocketing it or his attorney, Rhodes, it all comes from our pockets, and dennis's lawyer is costing more than we are paying for the entire council.
What has Walsh done John? I mean really done? You could count on 5 to 600 members at a 608 meeting before they were dissolved, does 157 get 100?
Member apathy is at an all time high, the judge granted full mobility on Walshs say so, the delegate meetings are a farce, the minutes deplorable, tell me this John, when Lebo threw you out of the meting, was Walsh there? Did he say anything? Did he do anything?
What does Rhodes do that costs us so much money every month?
What corruption has Walsh uncovered? $2,000 worth of office furniture at the Benefit funds? 12 months worth of colossal fuck ups by his puppet, Bilello? 12 months worth of doing absolutely nothing by Lebo?  18 months of delegate meetings where the agenda was never sent to a single delegate prior to the meeting?
Tell me what Walsh has done, because I have read those interim reports and I see nothing.
As Franco said, the only good thing Walsh did was the trial committee under Walter Mack, and Walsh vetoed Mack. If Walsh left in the morning, what has he done that will make a change in the future?
Walsh gets no respect from me, all he gets is my money, and YES IT IS MY MONEY AND I DO NOT CARE IF RHODES POCKETS IT OR DENNIS, IT STILL COMES OUT OF MY SWEAT.

Re: Dennis Walsh = Racketeer

Pfvincent
John, did Walsh's firm not only make $500,000 before attaching himself to our checking account? If your numbers are correct (and they must be, because you got them from Walsh himself) than he makes 360,000 from the DC alone.
Has he not been the one that does the vetting of who is eligible to run for office? He decides who can run, effectively limiting who the membership can vote for, than that chosen one screws up, out he goes. The screw up brings unwanted attention to his blessing. Than he tells the the judge and ultimately McCarron that we can't do without him. Than what happens? Look at your own "supervision clock". 845 days.
Remember the 608 debacle? Who vetted the flurry of presidents that were all found to be involved in shady deals? Who used the track record of those guys as the argument to dissolve the local? "These carpenters can't find an honest man amongst them! They need me!"
Biello coincidently was approved by Walsh, turned out to be a shit head and was removed. Next step? "These carpenters can't run their union without me! I have to stay!"
Do you see a trend here, John? Coincidence?
The only good I here about him is from his reports. Where is the libel, John? I understand that he is the ultimate power in this union. Is this why you might be protecting his honor. I can't think of any other reason, I think that you are too involved and too smart to not see him for what he is. You just do not want to get burnt by him. Understood. Don't let honesty and integrity get in the way of your pension.

Re: Dennis Walsh = Racketeer

DROP DEAD GUY
DROP DEAD UNITY TEAM !

Re: Dennis Walsh = Racketeer

Pfvincent
EST, I'm glad to see you agree. Walsh has created for himself a racket, hence racketeer

Re: Dennis Walsh = Racketeer

Pfvincent
Walsh is as bad as the unity team ever was and your gag is irritatingly old. Do you have anything relevant to 2013? Or even 2010?

Re: Dennis Walsh = Racketeer

Tom McGonnigle
John, I have to say that Pfvincent and rollingover pretty much nailed it. RO Walsh, will stay in charge
of the DC, as long as the members continue to stay away from participating in their unions business.
The apathy is at an all time High. The contractors now completely run our union and the men and women who pay the freight. We have the lowest moral as a membership, out of all the other trades. In Fact we are the laughing stock of NYC. The biggest backstabbers in the industry are our own. We have union contractors working along side nonunion contractors, and don't you say a word, your gone. Unpaid foreman running work, scared to death if they have to sit home for a week, no unity among our ranks. It's all upside down. God help our members.
Shit anyone from the outside looking in could see it a mile away, why would RO Walsh ever want to leave. Shit if I were the RO I would do everything in my power to keep this Gravy Train rolling.

Re: Dennis Walsh = Racketeer

shoppie
we need to get our union back fast because if nothing is done soon to protect the membership,we are through.real leadership with bold ideas will put our hard earned money towards or benefits,real leaders will change the direction of the union to get members to go to meetings.education,smart determined people who care about the union could make us a better union.we need to bring the brotherhood into the future by recaturing market share,we need better transparancy,new effective organising to change the nonunion to become union one contractor at a time and by proving union labor is the best to get job done safer.quicker,and god forbidden no accidents.we need to protect our jurisdiction,we need to protect our brothers and sisters,by coming togerther we could be a stronger union which i feel could be the greatest in the country.god bless the union,god bless our members,with determination,we shall all succeed.

Re: Dennis Walsh = Racketeer

John
If you make  an accusation and have  the evidence to support your claim, make criminal allegations. Produce them to the court . If you make accusations because some one opposed you, the court and the bar will laugh at you. Judges will  never  take you seriously. Like it or not he is here because some people at the top were corrupt for years on end. To relieve us of his services we can get a court order preferably by keeping our house clean so the court takes us seriously.
Joe

Re: Dennis Walsh = Racketeer

Joe
which is why Walsh keeps creating crap, so it looks like we need him.