Dear Richard, where did this come from?

Re: Dear Richard, where did this come from?

RichardDorrough
Tom this is not spur of the moment its been brewing. I am involving myself because I truly believe what happens to you affects us all. Why now. Well besides the thing with Makowski who wants to discredit relevant rank and file members working to help the members for a personal vendetta you have a person running for President of 157 who wants to do away with locals and feed them to a corrupt mega council. The same plan as McCarron. If he and his group succeed how long will it be before not a single local exists.This is nothing new either .Back in March he posted.

"the next step in my plan would have been to put the axe to remaining locals, have council as the new local" ...(Pat Nee March 13,2011)

Can you sit by and say nothing about this???

 As far as angry. Yes. I am angry and frustrated to the point I have considered resigning from the UBC. I will not tolerate BS or trash talk but will not start it.It is rather funny that my so called outburst are highlighted bu Pat Nee who started this is let off the hook. How about commenting on this

"I really do think you are an idiot Ted. And that is not end run lawyering or back door lawyering.
It is simply based on the fact that everything you post is idiotic and moronic and stupid and baseless (that means it is not based on any real facts) .

If he said this to you how would you respond??It is hard enough dealing with the reality of the UBC destroying our Union but then when some dwarf punk says things like this the rest of are supposed to play nice.Not me. Sorry

Re: Dear Richard, where did this come from?

"Do you believe men who have a vested interest in an area and who live and pay taxes in that area should go to work before those who live outside the area? "

I would like to answer this..ABSOLUTELY   I dont want to come to NYC and take any of your jobs until your labor pool has been exhausted. This is where you live and eat. Is it good brotherhood to come and knock you out of a job so you have to pay the expense to go work elsewhere

Re: Dear Richard, where did this come from?

I was heartened to hear that he intends to make a submission to the courts on our proposed bylaws.   Did you hear this personally or did you get it from your lawyer

Re: Dear Richard, where did this come from?

RichardDorrough
The highlight of the entire post.Herman Benson speaking on Pat Nee

"“But while he describes the facts accurately, his conclusion would make matters worse."

Mr. Nee take you local breaking lawyers and piss off. We have enough of a fight  trying to stop ,rather unsuccessfully, McCarron and the UBC form robbing our accounts and destroying our locals without you,your group and your lawyers joining his side and helping him do his dirty work..

Our first meeting of the newly chartered locals is Monday night. Usually the members get some type of refreshments. We have been informed that there will be no refreshments form now on because the Local has no assets or money. What does that tell you???

Re: Dear Richard, where did this come from?

TM - only the beginning on that end....the mobility issue.

As for Restructuring & the NYCDCC SKIILS FORM - coming soon to a Local near you:

NYCDCC AVG. M/H = 1,1,53 PER YEAR, PER MAN

FY 2010 man-hour data is not yet published. However, predicated on the recorded and paid Man-Hours using the 15,294 active member figure from 10/31/10 and an average Hourly wage for rounding purposes of $43.00 per M/H for the Carpenter Journeyman package (as a base estimate) and utilizing the FY 2009 M/H Total of 17,640,900 total M/H's:

 On average the rank & file journeyman Carpenter would gross 1,153 M/H x $43 = $49,579.00 per year.
 At an average of 35% with-holding < $17,353>, net take home pay = $32,226 before the rank & file worker files a short or long form itemized tax return. That translates to $619.73 per week net pay, hardly enough to live in NYC.....BTEA wants to reduce this by 20-25%and honestly believes that people living in or around NYCDCC, or the 5-Boroughs are making it in New York.

NEW INTERIOR SYSTEMS LOCALS - HELPER CATEGORIES, "SENIOR DRYWALL UTILITY WORKERS" {40% off the top kiss to the Wall & Ceiling Association} Your prize, a 40% reduction on the average Jorneyman Wage of $43/ hour (round figures here)

THE SKILLS FORM shall bring you here:

Note: When the Interior system Locals, and the UBCJA’s fraudulently concealed Skill(s) Form, (with-held form the Restructuring Plan) are implemented in the New York City District Council of Carpenters, the illegal grant of a 40% wage reduction to the corrupt Contractor Association would result in the average Journeyman Carpenter Hourly Wage being reduced from $43/hour to $25.80 per man-hour.

Such a reduction would garner a Gross average wage of $25.80/hour x 1,153 man-hours per year; and, would result in an average gross wage of $29,747 dollars per year. At this level, Federal, State & Local taxes would average approximately 25% prior to filing long or short form tax returns.

Thus, a New York City District Council Carpenter, on average would earn a net take home paycheck of $22,310 per year – putting him or her at the National Poverty level. Latest figures for a married couple are $22,128 per year to achieve this statistical ranking and to qualify for federal & state benefits.

Re: Dear Richard, where did this come from?

TomMcGuire
Ted, I know what I advocate will never really come to be, its more of a what if, you lnow? I am out on disability and will never lay a floor again but I worry about the guys still working and getting fucked around. Rich, have you noticed I never post anything about the internal politics of 157? Thats because I am a floorlayer and its not my business. Why you and Crean are going at it is a mystery to me. Personally, I've never met either of you, have you guys ever met? Just lighten up or you're going to have a heart attack and die on your keyboard. And yeah what happens here matters to all, but maybe let the 157 guys fight it out for their board spots like its supposed to be. Trying to influence an election in a local you don't belong to is ludicrous and utterly disrespectful. its not your local or mine, so maybe their election isn't our business? Just a thought.
12