DC Election

brodymartin
I was in attendence at the Local 157 meeting last tuesday ( wish there were more) , as the four candidates for president addressed the membership. One in particular separated himself from the field, Brother Jeremy Milin. His answers were clear and concise with no hesitation. It was refreshing to hear that " based on his talking to the men " he has an open mind on the issues at hand. He came off as the most presidential with leadership capabilities we so desperately need. He has earned my vote !

Re: DC Election

dockbuilder
dont know jerremy milin. Im leaning hard for franco but i would like to see all candidates post on here and give some of thier key points to the members. bottom line is not many will get involved and go down to vote at all. Sad and discraceful with the shape we are in.

Re: DC Election

brodymartin
Good to keep an open mind Brother, Jeremy did post on the NYCDC website, if you have time take a look .
JR

Re: DC Election

JR
jeremy millin? isnt he rambos nephew?

Re: DC Election

S.T.
Jeremy Milin is not related to Rambo in anyway shape or form. That was a rumor that someone spread along time ago. I attended the LU 157 meeting myself and agree with Brody who started this post. Jeremy was by far the best candidate and he has my vote after that meeting.

Re: DC Election

John
Jeremy did come across as a good speaker and I respect the fact  he spoke of unity.Some  good ideas ,I think he undersold himself  @ my locals meeting perhaps hurting his chances .He spoke candidly and surprised me with bad news about W/C contract. I also like the leadership skills that showed   problem solving not finger pointing.
Good Luck

Re: DC Election

Not Impressed
Who is Jeremy Milin, besides a Council employee cashing checks? What has he done for the rank-and-file, besides his job, which is already fairly compensated for? Where has he been, while other Carpenters have put their lives on the line for the Membership, without the salary incentive? Sounds like your man has merely bought a lottery ticket, because nothing of substance from him has met with the Carpenter-at-large, only rah-rah, go Unity team glad-handling.

Re: DC Election

brodymartin
Jeremy Milin is a carpenter like you and I , he applied for the three day and was selected based on the process. If you have had an opportunity for him to be your representative ,depending on what zone you have been working in, he conducts himself with professionalism and general concern for the rank and file. In this presidential process ,if not mistaken he has attended all the local union meeting and has answered the questions honestly. In addition he included a " position paper " with some thoughts and insight about what he wants to try and do with assistance from us, that is posted on the DC website. He was the only one to do this and in my opinion I liked what I read. He has encouraged the members to get out and vote regardless of who they support. That is someone who has earned my vote with his attitude and his actions.

Re: DC Election

your momma
If we dont vote Franco in we get what we deserve. He is the only guy who wont suck council cock. The voting will be rigged as usual to keep the power at the top, but beware dc people are pissed. Dont turn your backs dc reps because your marked men. The whole systym is rigged against good guys like Franco + they will do anything to stop him from getting elected. Big storm is about to blow in + Franco wont suck Walsh's cock either. Eat shit + die nycdc !