Collective Bargaining Agreements

eightfold
If you go to http://digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu  it has copies of 129 UBC collective bargaining agreements. I hope this is helpful.

Re: Collective Bargaining Agreements

Tomas Pain
couldn't find it

Re: Collective Bargaining Agreements

tester
Copy : UBC collective bargaining agreement
and Paste into:

http://digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu/cgi/query.cgi

P.S.
http://www.webmasternow.com/copyandpaste.html

Re: Collective Bargaining Agreements

not to be offensive, but for those like me who are not the best IT types...what is the "search term" specifically to cough up 129 UBC CBA's. Do they all come up at once? Are they current CBA's?

I need 'show & tell" on this

Re: Collective Bargaining Agreements/REDEUX

eightfold
I am sorry if it was unclear.  If you click on this link http://digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu.   a web page should appear near the top of the page are two horizontal grey bars-under the one on the right the list says Collective Bargaining--click that----then another page will appear, on that page on the top left is a blank search bar type in UBC and search it will then come up with a list of the contracts. Scroll through them until you find the one you are looking for or at least something helpful. Since many of the aggreements are being negotiated now or soon-the list has many dated 2006--2003-and 2001. I hope if they are not exactly what you are looking for that they are at least helpful. Aslo if it doesn't come up on that search they are very helpful if you contact them. I have only contacted them in person or by phone, but surely they will have CONTACT button to click on the Home Page.

Re: Collective Bargaining Agreements/REDEUX 2

eightfold
Sorry I typed it in and one letter was reversed.

the correct one  is   http//digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu  ---------------I hope I can get aticket signed for all these fook ups-  it must be Monday

Re: Collective Bargaining Agreements/REDEUX 2

Tomas Pain
what would be helpful?

1. have a PDF file with every contract the UBC has in the Tri-State Area, with the ability to print and search document.

2. post it on our member-only section of the "our" website.

3. When you get dispatch to a job, you would be able to look up the contract associated with that job-site. as well as the union rep associated with that area.

4. Say you want to look "vacation days", a simple search, and you have your answer.

That's what a responsible organization would do.  Given the age in technology, we look like cave men.  But then again, why would the UBC want to inform and educate their members?

Re: Collective Bargaining Agreements/REDEUX 2

Tomas Pain

Re: Collective Bargaining Agreements/REDEUX 2

Good points.....certain provisions after 129 years of UBC operation, you would think would be 'boilerplated' language.

Past that, it is amazing to me to see so many differences between Locals & Regional Councils CBA's (contracts) as to the operation. There is a reason for standards & we could save a buttload of dough, say on health plans as a for instance, simply combining assets & merging seperate plans. That would equate to purchasing power & lower rates, as a plan with 500k-600k members can certainly buy more than a plan with 15k-20k participants.

Pension & Annuity Funds are very regionalized and members would probably fare better over the long haul of a career by maintaining local control & oversight of the funds. Having them online in a single location (you'd think the Internationals IT Director would have this done by now) would allow the review of other area contracts & bring forth better negotiations by having educated members negotiating contracts (what works, what does not, what do we lack in our CBA that others have etc.)