Quantcast

Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

Taxation Without Representation
Enough is enough!!!  Members, please know that assessing benefits is ILLIGAL! This is is federal law and GOES AGAINST THE UBC CONSTITUTUIN!

  UBC CONSTITUTION SECTION 45C"When a local union raises its dues, iniation fees, OR LEVIES AN ASSESSMENT, a secret ballot vote shall be taken at a special or called meeting. All members shall be notified by mail of time, place and purpose of vote. All members in good standing shall be eligible to vote. All assessments must then be approved by the General President"

Furthermore The LMRDA-Labor Management Relations Act of 1959 states that assessing union benefits is also illigal. See section 101 (a) (3) (B) (i)  Title 1 Bill of Rights of Members of Labor Organizations (29 U.S.C. 411)

The Review Officer, Dennis Walsh also stated that he would not give back to the members previous moneys owed to the members from previous ILLIGAL ASSESSMENTS. Mr. Walsh has clearly overstepped his boundaries. This is none of his business nor shoud he get involved with the politics of our District Council. His role is to oversee that corruption is eradicated, not make decisions on matters of this magnitude.

A class action lawsuit will be filed against the District Council for their years of assessing our vacation checks in violation of the UBC Constitution and the LMRDA Act of 1959.

Do not send the District Council any money until this matter is resolved. It is your money until the District Council adheres to their constitution and the federal law.

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

real union carpenter
I will not give back a dime and anyone who does is an idiot. If we all band together those fucking crooks cannot suspend anyone. Lets show them that we will no longer allow them to rob us. I urge the membership to stand united on this matter.

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

Commonwealth
You heard your brother...dont give the UBC a fucking dime!! They owe us back, not the other way around!!. We never voted for additional assessments!! Who the would have ever voted for an additional 17-18% additional assessment? Not me, thats for sure!! If you give the District Council back YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY, than you are a fool! Only fools part with their hard earned money to pay for what? Eddie McWilliams FAILED ORGANIZING DEPARTMENT? FAILED POLITICAL ACTION? FAILED LEADERSHIP? Has anyone ever told you where the additional assessment goes? All they ever told me was that I was out of line for asking such a question!! The class action lawsuit is a great idea and one I will gladly partake in. If nobody pays, what are they gonna do? Expell 11,000 active members? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!  At that point, they will have to cave in and do the righful and legal thing!!

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

Being screwed by UBC
I have an appointment on Wednesday to discuss the assessment issue with Levine & Blit,
A firm in NYC. Are we just going to talk about it or are we going to get together and show them we can get results.

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

steve wolinsky
The attorney is seeing us this wednesday and filing paperwork on behalf of the rank and file members. The district council can legally only assess the 1%. Make sure that you at least send in the 1% assessment aka "dues checkoff". this way, you have a legal leg to stand on. This is per our attorney

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

UNION CARPENTER
I FEEL THE PAIN......US AN 25,000 OTHER CARPENTERS.WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS?? ARE WE ALL GOING TO STICK TOGETHER AN OPEN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AN GET OUR MONEY BACK FROM ALL THESE YEARS THEY BEEN ROBBING US?? WHO DO WE CONTACT TO GET THE BALL ROLLING TO GET THIS LAW SUIT GOING, AN WHO WILL BE IN CHARGE OF IT ?? PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN U HEAR SOMETHING ON THIS.I AM A CARPENTER FOR ALMOST 30 YEARS AN BEEN FUCK TOO MANY TIME IN MY YEARS ??  TO GIVE UP OUR RIGHTS ON THIS MATTER.ALL U HERE  NOW IS WHERE MY RAISE FROM  GUY AN MEMBERS AN THE COUNCIL GIVE U THE RUN AROUND AN DON'T NO ANYTHING.TIRED OF THE BULL SHIT ???? AN NO WORK AN PAY DUES AN GET  A WEEK OR 2 OF WORK AN THEN YOUR BACK ON THE LIST.ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS IF WE DON'T ACT NOW WE WILL HAVE NOTHING LEFT AN IT WILL BE NO MORE UNION FOR US AN WASTED  30 YEARS OF MY LIFE AS A UNION CARPENTER. PS HOPE TO HERE GOOD NEWS FROM U SOON :} BROTHER

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

william davenport
who else is going to pay to run the NYDC. The asessments are WDA,working dues assessments. You will never get the monies back. The no toolbox fool who is going to see a lawyer is wasting the NYDC money because we have to defend ourselves against foolish lawsuits. Tell me where do you suppose the monies to run the NYDC come from your quartly dues ?? Wake up and smell the coffee,go non union,they have no assessments ,dues,medical coverage,annunity ,pension or apprentice training schools.

IS THE ATTORNEY FILING PAPERWORK ON behalf for all the members or who ever going down Wednesday ,and how many guys are going down ?

Hey Davenport, blow it out your ass!! Nobody is complaining of the 1% assessment. The UBC constitution and by-laws were violated because there was no secret ballot vote on the "other" assessment. Read section 45c. You need to educate yourself before you comment. No meeting, no secret ballot vote and furthermore, a direct violation of the LMRDA act of 1959. Our EST Mike Bilello also sees this as a major infraction. Pllease read his letter to the Executive Delegate Body dated 2 weeks ago as well as his letter written to YOUR BELOVED general president Douglas McCarron. Again Davenport, please comment only when you can educate your ubituous self. Stop sucking on the teets of the UBC. You are not scoring any brownie points, only making yourself look dumber than you already are.

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

steve wolinsky
Yes, our attorney is filing on behalf of all rank and file NYCDCC carpenters

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

STEVY
http://www.levineblit.com/attorneys.php
CALL HIM ITS GONNA BE GREAT

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

UNION CARPENTER
thank you Brother, keep me informed.

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

STEVY
Call Levine & Blit today at (212) 967-3000

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

Pissed in the city
All in! The fat guy is joking, right? Sue those pigs, over 10 years they got 30 grand from me. We should bankrupt these mother fuckers. It's over for us anyway lets atleast take them with us! Fight like men or die like this fat davenport guy.

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

william davenport
"bankrupt those motherfuckers ".  That's one stupid statement, we are those motherfuckers,fool. Who do you think will pay for the lawyers to defend the NYDC,you and I.  Unbelieveable,you guys think you get everything for free. You paid $30,000 over ten years. That means your a steady company guy making good money getting full years and pension credits. Imagine how much money you would have made if you were working non-union; without vacation pay, no annunity, no medical coverage  and no pension. The non-union carpenter is lucky to make $50,000 a year and that's with no days or holidays off.  I am grateful to be a NYDC UBC Carpenter, I also know things are not as good as the old days but what is ?  LONG LIVE THE CARPENTERS UNION !!!!!!!!! DEATH TO THE ENEMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

fortitude
Davenport, what part of "your a blowjob, motherfucker" dont you understand? Everyone in the NYCDCC knows you are a worthless piece of ass-kissing shit! You will never hold any office of any kind because you suck way too much dick. Swallow before you speak asshole. Maybe if your beloved union didnt didnt rape the membership of iligal assessments, that they wouldnt be in this predicament. 50,000 a year?? You must really suck at what you do (no pun intended blowjob boy) If your belly hurts from swallowing too much sperm, stick a straw up your ass and give yourself a enema. What a sorry blowjob you are to the real carpenter. Your mother must be real disappointed in her retarded offspring she really never intended to produce.
Dan

It's all good for u davenport u fat fucku don't mind paying because you never worked a day in your life u fat fuck.
Moe

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

Moe
I agree pay the1% the rest no fucking way
And how does the hall send out men that are not even in the union.
Or men that have not payed there dues in two years
I was out of words for 2 years I. The 90s and still payed my dues
So what the fuck are they doing down at the DC

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

Anom
Are these the same lawyers who filed a class action law suit for MACOUT against the benefit funds because they are now charging us for our benefits. If anyone has any information on this please post it.

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Vacation Assessments

steve wolinsky
Yes, they are the same lawyers. I cant stress enough...ONLY PAY THE 1% ASSESSMENT BACK TO THE DISTRICT COUNCIL. THE "OTHER" ASSESSMENT IS ILLIGAL NO MATTER HOW THEY RE-WORDED IT ON YOUR INVOICE!!!  Per our attorney, we do not have to pay any more than 1% until a judge decides otherwise. Keep your money brothers and sisters. Its yours anyway!!!