Class Action Lawsuit Against District Council From Retired Members....

Class Action Lawsuit Against District Council From Retired Members....

bulldog88
QUESTIONS?.....(1) Did The Delegates Vote To Approve This Deal (Requiring) That Retired Members Pay For Medical Coverage?......Or Did The EST Do This Deal Himself?........(2) What is The Update With This Lawsuit?......Any News?.......(3) I Fully Support The Retired Union Members and Their Lawsuit...It Is DISCRIMINATION To Charge One Group Of Carpenters Money For Medical Coverage...And Not Charge Others.....https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:CXWYKBm49AAJ:respectourcrafts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/NYC_D-C-_Carpenters_Welfare_Fund_-_U-S-District_Court_-_12-Civ-4181_Complaint_Class_Action.pdf+nyc+district+council+of+carpenters+retirees+pay+for+medical&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESil8GBh2JLNnT52XBkj_CwEygfW_WmJuZss6KrlqoEvHmPSzWW9Y1OIRkqkuCDOHQVtWAXFwz3DZaOCsGG0NOJowq21L-TK7vjrgj3OeP7cD9oyitIpzWyXr7fcMg-h3nycf9Cz&sig=AHIEtbS3INw9rTeu226MSiBG02sllc4AKw

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against District Council From Retired Members....

TomMcGuire
Bulldog, its not so much the premium as  it is the deductibles that are a big problem. I pay 1280 or so to welfare as a premium, but my wife has around 850 in deductibles. She is healthy thank God , and recently her dr appt was only coverd for like $30 and that was in network while we covered something $120 of the visit. I pay every month then my wife has not only copays but other amounts she ends up paying and for those with kids still at home this can become really cost prohibitive. The answer is, of course, more man hours, but it seems as if Mr. Bilello has a different idea about that. BTW, why hasn't he been tossed yet? More double standard DW type stuff?

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against District Council From Retired Members....

ashamed
What the nycdcc has done to the retirees is a disgrace. I do not wish to ever go in network because they are more worried about the bottom line. We are in very big trouble with these benefits because its the one reason guys dont work for cash. We need to not only get back to what they were before but need to upgrade to a even better health plan. Its the only reason some work union. I dont agree with bullilo making decisions without a vote but lets get this healthcare sitution set straight.

Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against District Council From Retired Members....

Jack Meoff
    The Delegate body was not involved on that decision. The trustees (lead by the big moron) make those decisions. We have a $400.00 individual and $1000.00 per family in network deductible. On top of that there is also a 10% co-insurance deductible of $1500.00 per individual and $3750.00 per family. A retiree with children under 26 pays $243.00 per month. This premium amounts to $2808.00 per year. This plan could possibly cost a retiree $7558.00 in in-network deductibles in any given year. This does not include the cost of their prescriptions. These are in network, if you have to go out of network because you or a family member can't get the care they need these cost become astronomical.After working for years our retirees can be bankrupted by medical cost. Bilello and this council have turned their backs on our retirees THIS ASSHOLE NEEDS TO GO!