Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

Bill Walsh

Re: Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

friend of gene Debs
Has anyone actually seen the contract between Related Companies and the UBC ?
Are any carpenters working under this newly proposed agreement ?

Re: Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

Sam Tarallo
Why is it we all have to take concessions,when construction is at a all time high,developers are making a all time high rewards,why should the working man have to suffer all the time,the related and all the GC,s are making big profits,u are talking about billion dollar company's,and then they want concessions, it does not make since,more profits for them,less for the working man and then they want to go open shop,after our pension funds invested millions of dollars into Hudson yards,it really should be looked at and investigated,our members are being short changed,its giving less man hours,and we all will hurt in the long run open shop is rampant,and it is getting worse,we need to hold on to what belongs to us,once we hit a arecssion,it will be a different story,nark my words,we need as many working man hours to shore up our funds.

Re: Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

friend of gene Debs
Simple.  Because the Carpenters union is dominated by the contractors in direct violation of the National Labor Relations Act.

And all the government agencies that are supposed to enforce labor related statutes are in bed with the union lawyers and contractor lawyers. Lawyers in love.

Union lawyers and contractor lawyers call the tune, and all U.S. government agencies dance to the music. Not much different than the way a brothel works. Except the working stiff is the one getting screwed.

Re: Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

Bill Walsh

Re: Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

old shoppie
wish we would fight non union like this

Re: Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

old shoppie
anyone want to help out nc

Re: Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

sam tarallo
our union should stop giving in to concessions,with the way our economy is,it is unprofessional what they are doing to the working man,its about time we get a contract from hudson yards that all members could see and ratify,if it is bad,strike on all construction jobs in city,too much nonsence,not enough being done to give the union more power,its long overdue,full mobility is a scam,it destroyed the out of work list,it leaves members in the dark,it is a discrace they allowed this to happe.the big companys are making big payoffs of profits,its about time the working man and women gets a say in the matter,give us more power in the field,more members need to come forward,we all need to stick togerther,in order to get results,and a damn well better contract for all our brothers and sisters who build this great city.

There is rumors,Mccarron was in NY,he wants to merge local 740 millwrights local,all hell will break lose,we have enough of problems with nonunion, scab work,members,rank and file and all members need to be aware what the hell is going on,we are at war,especially with Hudson yards,especially retail,how could u slow one hundred thousand or less go scab work,it should be 100 percent union,we have not even seen the agreement with the contract signed with related,it must be shown and breakdown of hourly rate and benefits must be shown at all union halls,no behind doors,be bought up and presented to the union membership.Everyone needs to be aware and stay on top of affairs at the u ion,the delegate meetings,etc,we all need to get the word out fast.nonunion is killing us,they are lowering the standard of living,too many unsafe work sites hurting our members.

Re: Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

old shoppie
to many delegates work for the council now .

Re: Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

sock puppet
According to the President of the Building and Construction Trades Council of Greater New York  Gary LaBarbera " No one in the industry has produced the supposed agreement between Related Cos. and the District Council of Carpenters. It's merely a press stunt by Related , using the Carpenters as its pawn. "

Re: Carpenters Break With New York Building Trades Unions in Pact With Developer

RichardDorrough
BBBSSSSS. Here are the partnerships between the UBC and Related AT HUDSON YARDS hidden in OTHER Pension funds except of course NYC. Further Related is getting hundreds of millions of our pension dollars McCarron is diverting by FORCE to ULLICO .

MUPS

friend of gene Debs
Brother John Newell Jr. of Local Union # 291 , Albany, N.Y.  has won his NLRB Case. NO MORE FINES for not participating in Mandatory Union Participation !  The Settlement Agreement was signed today by Mike Shanahan , President of Local Union # 291 and a host of other UBC Business Agents and Regional Council Officers throughout the Regions.

Other Local unions affected are:  New Jersey Local Union's # 251 , # 253, # 254; Pennsylvania Unions Local # 158, # 173; Delaware Local Union # 164 ; and New Jersey/ Delaware/ / Maryland Local Union # 255; and of course Albany , N.Y  Local Union # 291.

Notice will be posted on the National Labor Relations Board website and various Carpenter union websites. Notices will also be posted in all the union halls listed above.

more to follow....