Carpenters Alliance

Not a Kool Aid fan
I just received the mailing from the Carpenters Alliance.
Did I miss something here, aren’t these the guys who voted for a 20% pay cut, full mobility and a scrapper helper, all of which the rank and file were opposed to?

Am I supposed to feel better about it because they RESPECT MY RIGHT TO DISAGREE?????????????
The only point I agreed with them on was that this council is lacking a true democracy, the first step on the road to democracy will happen Monday when we vote in real rank and file members, and get rid of these kool aid drinking parasites.
Uncivil war my ass, what tough choices, the ones who were going to suffer as a result of that half-baked contract were the members, not the council employees who voted in favor of it. It is time this union stopped putting the council employees interests ahead of the members, and that is not going to happen if you vote in the same clowns who served as no more than a rubber stamp for Mike Forde, bankrupted their own pension plan, got us put under supervision again, and have lied consistently to the members for years.
And how about the interior local 395? The one that Capurso and Rambo and company were going to be appointed to? Was that going to be in our best interests?
Just say NO to selfserving council employees who have a track record of selling us out.

Re: Carpenters Alliance

Nobody.
It is always easy to vote to approve things like the MOU or the 20% Wage cut when you're not going to be affected by it or for very long. Two-thirds of the candidates on this slate are close to retiring, some of the others are Shop Stewards. And we all know that when you're a Shop Steward popular enough to get onto a slate, you're popular in the Local, so you are one of those special people that get a * added to your name when you go onto the list.

Kudos to you for having 25+ years into the Union, when the MOU and Wage cut you approved takes place, you'll be playing golf in Florida waiting for your pension check, while the rest of us spend the next couple years looking for second jobs.

Re: Carpenters Alliance

procity
lQQking for a 2nd job LMAO