Carpenters Alliance pro union

Inwood American Irish
Brothers and sisters, my question to all detractors is: how long should we have gone without a contract? While I completely understand the one man one vote concept when less than 10% come out to vote; the leadership took the necessary step and lead. There is real merit to argument over full mobility hurting those have no union connections or victims status. (Political correctness is also killing this union.) For that reason alone I could not support it but to what end. Lets be honest; this is the best contract we can get.
Men full of ambition and void of talent are screaming to hear themselves speak. Until a legitimate voice of dissent shows a credible alternative we have taken our only option. I have read the literature from the voice of opposition it is full of platitudes and empty promises. Again I say to those who express such contempt for this contract. Were was your proposal for the contract.  The only thing I read was material designed to gin up hate for the current administration. Cheap shots void of a basis in reality. Is the current administration flawed; of course, but they are the best we can get and we are lucky to have them in office. They are under constant siege from an oversight from the government which has done more harm than good. To the brothers and sisters running on the Carpenter Alliance thank you for all the work you have done in face of such treachery. Mike Quill faced the same head winds and lead his men to victory time and time again.

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

roddy piper
go sell that bs story somewhere else. they all are scum

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

Union man
I'm with you roddy piper, tell that propaganda bullshit somewhere else.

no real union man wants anything to do with these scumbags. hows that for unity ? drop dead all of fucking you
FIX

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

FIX
Sounds like Chris Wallace at work here. If it ain't him its another one of those paid hacks.

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

Sounds kind of Kafkaesque ,isn't it ?

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

unity
On Wednesday, June 19th 2013, Local 157 Carpenters will Elect 46 Delegates to the District Council, 1 Executive Committee Member & 1 member to the NYCDCC Trial Committee. This election is very important to all Carpenters, both active and retired. We understand that the members of Local 157 have endured too many elections, but we also know that we must carry on and remain focused on safeguarding our future wages and benefits, now and in retirement.

The Local 157 Carpenters Alliance is committed to ratify and implement our contracts ASAP, get the raises into your paychecks immediately and restore your benefits sooner rather than later.

Many Local 157 Carpenters are fed up with divisiveness and negativity. We all know the problems we face here in New York City and across the nation as all unions are under attack. The rising costs of Healthcare, illegal workers and no enforcement by government agencies supporting Non Union sweatshop construction. It is up to us to solve problems and overcome the obstacles union carpenters confront.

Our Union has accomplished a great deal when we have worked together, and has suffered when we were divided. The 157 Carpenters Alliance is striving for strength in unity, working together for the benefit of all Carpenters and our families.

The 157 Carpenters Alliance will fight for a Union that works hard for our membership and promotes Mutual Respect among all members. We are determined to regain our respect in the eyes of the public and the construction industry as an organization that is beneficial to NYC.

The 157 Carpenters Alliance is committed to our apprentices and to our investment in their future as professional carpenters that will continue to build New York City’s buildings and infrastructure for many years to come.

Restore Unity and Respect to our Union and Elect your Brother & Sister Carpenters of The Local 157 Carpenters Alliance to represent you on Wednesday, June 19th 2013.

When : Wednesday, June 19th 2013.

Where: NYCDCC Labor Technical College
395 Hudson Street (Clarkson St Entrance)
2nd Floor Common Room
New York, NY 10014
Time: 6am to 6pm

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

Robert Kwiecinski
thats right unity, keep on plugging to keep your paid douggie mccaron do nothing job. keep following the mccaron way and go off the cliff with him. the money is good ,unity, and you will do anything to keep it going into your pocket. your a corporate scumbag. you betray your brothers for your own greed.

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

TIRED OF EXCUSES
It is amazing how there is always a good reason not to let the members ratify their own contracts.
We are one of the very few unions where the members do not ratify their own contracts in America. We are the only construction union in New York where members do not ratify their contracts.
As for this crap about less than 10%  voting, where does this figure come from?
The contracts were put out only to the members of the locals who worked under those contracts, retired members could not vote, and since no one has come up with the total eligible voters who were left, how do we know what percentage voted?
And regardless there four  times as many people voted against this contract than the highest number of votes received by any delegate.
Bottom line is, it is not about this one contract, it is about all of the contracts we have to work under, we who work under those contracts have a right to decide for ourselves. The thosands who did vote deserve to be heard. There is always an excuse, but the excuses have grown old, if this is truly our union, then where is our voice?
I know one thing, not one council rep got a 20% pay-cut, they all got raises, and will get another raise off our backs, while we got a 20% pay-cut, they get the A rate plus another 5% for every year they work at the council plus a 20% UBC Pension, plus an on the tools pension, plus 25 paid vacation days a year, and an SUV that we pay for, free gas, free tolls, free parking, not too shabby.
They call us overpaid, and the lowest earner costs us $200,000 a year without the car.
We have too many wannabee council suck ups who are only looking for a council job.
THE ISSUE IS THAT THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER EXCUSE TO NOT LET US VOTE ON OUR CONTRACTS. IF THEY ARE SO FUCKING GREAT, WHY NOT LET US BE THE ONES TO SAY SO.

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

curious yellow
GO UNITY TEAM?????? Oh No, not again

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

fuck you all
Where do you get your info from,I'm retired and I voted on the contract.

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

John
You know what: If you dont like who was elected , vote ! 10% of us voted . All you had to do is pay your dues. Even a mail in ballot brought dismal returns. The ten percent that voted needs to bring 10 people to the ballot box. Our strength is in numbers. 17-18000 carpenters dont give a fuck and are we really   surprised to have a powerful contractors organization get most of what they want . Whoever gets the chair at the head of the table next is our responsibility as members.

Re: Contractors Alliance pro union

tired of excuses
That is because Bilello messed it up. He sent the drywall contracts to the dockbuilders etc. He Also sent the contracts to retired members who are no t eligible to vote. Supposedly none of these ineligible votes were counted, but who knows. There were many eligible members who were never sent a ballot, it was entirely a cluster fuck.

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

MARC BALLROOM
 You have to be joking ,  to even suggest that Mike Quill would be standing with the council / contractor alliance /unity team minnows shows that you know little about  unions and fuck all about Mike Quill.

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

rolling over
I have to agree with Marc, Quill fought for the men, hard to see any similarities between a labor leader who told a judge to drop dead and the contractor friendly sellouts at the district council.
 Lindsay decided to take on the TWU, provoking a twelve day strike. The world's largest subway and bus systems, serving eight million people daily, came to a complete halt. The City obtained an injunction prohibiting the strike and succeeded in imprisoning Quill and seven other leaders of the TWU and the Amalgamated Association, which joined in the stoppage, for contempt of court. The labor lawyer Theodore W. Kheel mediated the agreement that ended the strike.
Quill did not waver, responding at a crowded press conference: "The judge can drop dead in his black robes!" The union successfully held out for a sizeable wage increase for the union. Other unions followed suit demanding similar raises.

Re: Carpenters Alliance pro union

members voice thats who
Thanks for what pla written into contract,hardship commite, jobs under 100,000square feet 80%. Raises for all council reps while we goyrs without.rubber  stamping every pla put in dfrdondt of them.why go to a delegate meng a nd  see who  is fighting for the cmearpenters