Cancer

Eileen
I was wondering if anyone on here can give me some advice. My brother in law (apart of the union) just found out he has pancreatic cancer.. Is there any Benefits he can get from the union to help him and his family while he goes through this journey? They already told him he can collect his pension and disability but then they will loose there heath coverage... They can not loose there health coverage.

Re: Cancer

hammer
TELL HIM TO GO TO THE BIOMEDICAL CLINIC IN MEXICO   www.hoxeybiomedical.com   it will save his life

Re: Cancer

Ethics
It would be personally up to Doug McCarron himself to help, he alone has the power and authority to act in situations like this, to approve who lives and who dies, when health fails older carpenters. If you want to live- take "Hammers" advice. Doug only helps $$ those in his immediate circle of trust. He could care less about anyone else. He burnt his own brother over a lot less than "thirty pieces of silver" . There is no such thing as BROTHERHOOD in the UBC- it's every man for himself.

Re: Cancer

A NYCDCC Member
Eileen,

       Do much research with any treatment, conventional or alternative. You have to separate the bullshyte from what is real. There are 100's of sites, a starting point, review;

http://www.cancertutor.com

RDK

Re: Cancer

RDK
Eileen I wish your brother-in-law well.  That is most important.  The union used to give a monthly stipend aprox $100 but that is gone for a few years.  Go to a disability lawyer and get advice asap with all his paperwork.. I'm not sure if he would lose his medical coverage if he is on temporary disablity, he may have 18 months, check it out as they are changing day by day.  Has he 20 vested credits?  This is what the current members don't realize, that now with all the changes if they have the misfortune of your brother-in-law the will not be covered like before regardless of how much their employers paid in.
Good Luck !