CONBOY-BERMAN DIATRIBE - PG 4, 5 & 6

Ted
election -- indeed, beyond the election -- the broad2 organizational structure of the District Council in accordance3 with this proposed reconfiguration.4 I also would like to say, Judge, that we have5 committed to Dennis Walsh, the review officer, to provide to6 him well in advance the beginning of the election cycle which7 we are agreed with Mr. Walsh should begin on August 15th, with8 an eye to having elections on December 15th. We have committed9 to Mr. Walsh that any structural reconfiguration of locals or10 other components in the District Council will be communicated11 to Mr. Walsh and to the U.S. Attorney well in advance of that12 August 15th step-off point with respect to development and13 promulgation of rules for the election.14 So on the point of union democracy, we are satisfied15 that the direct-indirect discussion about who should elect the16 District Council officers is, in our view, secondary. We had,17 prior to the indictment of and conviction of Mr. Divine, we had18 indirect elections and we had direct elections prior to the19 indictment and conviction of Mr. Ford.20 It is very apparent to us that the much more critical21 question is how do we empower this delegate body to have an22 effective and executive role at Hudson Street as opposed to a23 passive and ultimately marginal role.24 THE COURT: I know this could be a naive question, but25 just trying to understand how this works, you have elections inSOUTHERN DISTRICT REPORTERS, P.C.(212) 805-0300

page 5 cont -
the past, and in each instance or in several instances it2 resulted in the election of people who were ultimately3 convicted of crimes, right?4 So you're saying now that in the new bylaws and5 probably in election procedures, but there is a new structure6 that hopefully surrounds a new election on or about December 157 of this year which will lead to a different outcome?8 JUDGE CONBOY: Hopefully.9 THE COURT: How, just so the laymen can understand,10 what changes are you making or proposing that would give rise11 to a better outcome of union governance and union democracy?12 JUDGE CONBOY: Let me just suggest, Judge, because the13 United States Attorney and the reserve and review officer have14 not had an opportunity to comment --15 THE COURT: Right.16 JUDGE CONBOY: -- let me just --17 THE COURT: You say it is in draft form?18 JUDGE CONBOY: General concept.19 THE COURT: That is what I would like to hear.20 JUDGE CONBOY: Let me just insert the word "perhaps"21 in front of each of these because we are obviously totally22 committed to accommodating any suggestions that the government23 and the review officer make and ultimately, of course, any24 reactions that you will have because ultimately these will be25 submitted to you.SOUTHERN DISTRICT REPORTERS, P.C.(212) 805-0300

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA v. DISTRICT COUNCIL, et al.

I posted the transcript of the Court proceedings of April 6, you can comment here regarding this topic.

Re: CONBOY-BERMAN DIATRIBE - PG 4, 5 & 6

Perhaps delegates should have final authority, final2 authority on budget, expenditures, the overall organizing plan,3 collective bargaining and contracts.4 Perhaps the delegates should have the authority to5 review, approve, reject, hire, discipline and fire business6 agents, shop stewards, organizers and counsel representatives.7 Perhaps delegates should have the sole authority to8 hire, evaluate and terminate the inspector general and the9 chief compliance officer.10 Perhaps the delegates should have the authority to11 approve or reject the appointment of trustees and removal of12 trustees from the benefit funds.13 Perhaps delegates should review job referral14 activities and records to ensure that referrals are being15 conducted fairly and properly.16 Perhaps the delegates, a CPA and inspector general17 should constitute a new District Council audit committee and18 officers should not be members of that audit committee.19 Perhaps --20 THE COURT: Excuse me for interrupting.21 These all sound like significant suggestions, but the22 audit committee, is that perhaps, perhaps a stronger, is that a23 real enforcement mechanism in corporations? Audit committees24 play very vital and important role. Is there an audit25 committee now? I guess I should know that and I don't. And ifSOUTHERN DISTRICT REPORTERS, P.C.(212) 805-0300

ANYONE HERE SEE A PROBLEM, SMELL A RAT?

HERE'S THE DEAL - BILELLO MOTION = FIRST BASE, FEBRUARY 8TH = SECOND BASE, APRIL 6TH = 3RD-BASE & PRIOR TO THE ELECTION RULES BEING PROPAGATED FOR AUGUST 15TH - YOUR GONNA GET FUCKED BIGTIME, CONSOLIDATION OF LOCALS COMING TO NYCDCC TOO.

ANYONE WHO IS A TRUE CITY BOY CAN SEE & SMELL A RAT A MILE AWAY, A BAD DEAL A RAW DEAL - THESE ASSHOLES ARE MAKING DEALS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS & PLAYING THE RANK & FILE FOR FOOLS - PERIOD.

ALL GOOD MEN & INTENTIONS ASIDE, THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, NO ONE NEED READ ON TO PAGE 57, THEY HAVE CLOSED THE DEAL ALREADY, HENCE THE INFORMAL "CONFERENCE PROCEDURE" IN LIEU OF ACTUAL "MOTION PRACTICE" & THIS SO CALLED FEDERAL JUDGE HOLDING COURT BY THE BOOK & THE RULE OF LAW.

WHERE IS THE UBC'S BRIEF, THEIR CASELAW CITATIONS, THEIR PRAYER FOR RELIEF? WHERE IS CAREY-KANE'S TO COUNTER THIS? WHERE IS LEBO'S? WHERE IS BILELLO'S COUNTER TO THIS? OH, THAT'S RIGHT - HE'S A HERO CUZ HE'S USING C/K (CALVIN KLINE LAWYERS) TO MANAGE HIS ELECTION CAMPAIGN FOR EST? WHERE IS THE AFLI-CIO'S COUNTER TO THIS BULLSHIT?

DEPUTY DOG TOOK THE BONE FROM THE UBC - HE'S TIED UP IN THE DOG HOUSE FOR A WHILE, MOWIN ON THAT BONE THEY GAVE HIM TO STAND BY & PRETEND HE'S DOING SOMETHING FOR YA...HE'S IN FOR THE RIDE TOO.

NEWSFLASH - THE UBC CONSTITUTION, THE BYLAWS ARE ALL CRAP, BOTH EXISITING DO'C & THE NEW PROPOSED BYLAWS WHICH EVERYONE BUT THE RANK & FILE HAS POSSESSION OF (WITH-HOLDING EVIDENCE & MATERIAL REQUIRED FOR AN ADEQUATE DEFENSE). RE-READ IT AGAIN, READ BETWEEN THE LINES LADIES - NOW WHATTA SEE GOING ON HERE? THEY'RE NOT ON CAHOOTS WITH ONE ANOTHER ARE THEY...COULDN'T BE, THEIR LAWYERS DAMN IT!!!!!!

SORRY - I WAS CONFUSED, ALL LAWYERS ARE CONSUMATE LIARS, IT IS WHAT THEY DO BEST, CONBOY, MCCARRON, BERMAN ALL GREAT STORY-TELLERS....UNLESS SOMEONE SUBMITS A COMEPTENT LEGAL BRIEF TO EMBARASS THIS JUDGE & SEE TO IT THAT HE IS OVER-TURNED (THEY HATE THAT MIND YA, THEIR GOD'S AFTERALL, ASK THEM), NYCDCC IS GONNA GET PORKED BY THESE GUYS, THEY ALL DRINK FROM THE SAME CUP. ALL YOU GUYS GOT WAS A GOOD OLD-FASHIONED DOG & PONY SHOW....AND IT WASN;T EVEN A GOOD PERFORMANCE - NOT BY A LONG SHOT!!!

THE CANARY DIED IN COURT & NO ONE SAW THE CARCASS - TIME TO WAKE UP..........