CAREY / KANE - QUID PRO QUO

Ted
What is the "quid pro quo"...(something for something arrangement) with Carey/Kane & the UBC? The guys running this crew may have good intentions - however their naive in thinking this firm is doing anything "pro-bono"....that's a crock, the UBC is funding them, and using them as a means/vehicle to feign compliance & demonstrate to the Court that Union members are slowly warming up to the new UBC International platform.

Said Platform consists of reduced Wages & Benefits, Raiding Trades, Full Mobility & continued Consolidation, Reclassification of work categories, 4-10's at straight time, Elimination of OT on Saturday, Elimination of all Double Time, declaration of Helper Categories such as "Senior Drywall Utility Worker" for 60% of the Journeman package & Company Housing with $3.00 per day reimbursement from your employer, Ferry & Toll fees paid for return trips home (once a month) as is being done in the Pacific North West Council...all of which shall be capped off by No Vote, via Chao.

Given the obvious agenda of the UBC International, one has to question the ability of the group to Lead Anyone, when they cannot see the Forest for the Trees or the Company Store from the Company Shack you live in......

The UBC is turning the Clocks back 100-Years & you're blindly embracing it & you want to Lead WHO EXACTLY?

Is this group fighting any of this? Nope - they're apparently on board, lending credence to the idea of what is in it for them on the other end? What sweetheart deals are they cutting for themselves?

Time for an answer boys - otherwise it's UNITY TEAM II GO AWAY!

Anyone run a background check on this Law Firm? Anyone do research of their Precedent Caselaw, issues they have won and lost; and, we are not talking backpay awards either? Anyone run financials on them...find out who pays them? Any one of you Guys on the so called steering committee ever stop to consider that the UBC International may be financing them behind the scenes (with your money) and that they are steering you down a path of false hope?

Seems all are singing we are the world & kumbaya & you do not know who or what you are dealing with..........No hate Mail either, just answer the Questions!!!!

Re: CAREY / KANE - QUID PRO QUO

tester

"There is a species of slave-making ant that lives in the Sagehen basin. Slave-making has evolved in ants nine separate times, so it apparently works.

Polyergus breviceps are obligate social parasites, meaning that they simply can't live without their slaves: they have lost the ability to dig tunnels, gather food, care for their babies. All they do is hang around, being taken care of until it's time to go out on another raid.

The video shows Polyergus breviceps [red ants] stealing brood [eggs & pupae] from nests of the host species, Formica argentea [black ants].

Many stages of a raid are shown: the nest before a raid with no red ants apparent [they don't work except to raid]; the initial red scout heading out, the red column advancing; winged red reproducers accompanying the column & mating along the way; black ants trying to block the entrances to their home; red ants unblocking the entrance, then taking brood from the target nest; racing back to the home nest where the black ants take over care & sometimes carry or drag the exhausted red ants.

The new black brood will hatch out & acquire the scent of the new home nest, then go right to work taking care of the red queen's eggs.

Meanwhile, the mated reproducers will lose their wings & attempt to find a black ant nest then kill its black queen, taking over egg laying duties & converting the nest to a red ant nest with black slaves. There will be no more black ant eggs produced in these attacked nests. "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doHrS8lhwl0

Re: CAREY / KANE - QUID PRO QUO

Ted
Sounds like a plan for Libya & Egypt - so what are we doing there?

Re: CAREY / KANE - QUID PRO QUO

Carpenters' Committee for Democracy has put up a new blog and included a Carpenters4Carpenters forum. They say it is a "blog for and about Carpenters here in New York City." The blog has absolutely no information on it whatsoever. It does not list the members that signed the petition, it does not state any issues, (other than posting a poll) and it does not list any documents other than the UBC Constitution. Can someone tell me who hired Cary Kane to speak on behalf of the membership, where did he come from and what this "Carpenters' Committee for Democracy" is all about? I did sign the petition without knowledge an attorney would be hired, without additional information I do not support this group.

Also Pat Nee made a motion at the February meeting for the local to hire legal counsel to petition the court to have the Council classified as a local as defined by the LMRDA, does anyone have any information or know the if the local has acted on this motion?

Re: CAREY / KANE - QUID PRO QUO

william davenport
Banned User

Re: CAREY / KANE - QUID PRO QUO

Bill: Thanks for the answers. Everyone (except the UBC) supports the right of one man one vote. At the forum Dennis Walsh said that UBC attorney Conboy confirmed the UBC position of delegate only voting is off the table. So the issue of membership voting in council elections is not an issue. The CC4D blog has no information saying what they do/do not support, that's why I said "without additional information" I do not support this group. Let me know if the April 8th meeting is on, I will attend the meeting and then reconsider my support.

Re: CAREY / KANE - QUID PRO QUO

CC$ Who???
"why did u sign something you didnt read " I think the real, question is why you presented something as a petition and used it as an application so you and Cary Kane could declare you represent  350-500 members when you certainly do not. Why have you refused to post the names, such as Franco,McGonagle,Walsh,Davenport,Daly and etc, who have designated themselves leaders of the phantom 500 while you claim you are all equal. Why have you made a single move without consulting the 500 members whose names you are throwing around to give you credibility first. A lawyer who gets paid for everything they do is giving all this free legal consultation time,free court appearances and building and maintaining you a free web site. Come now either you naive or you want us to be. Judging by the web site their office is you campaign headquarters??Judging by the web site they have started already with plenty of free advertising.Its funny your telling people they can attend meetings now after the fact. But only certain member.Its funny you are claiming to be working for the members when others have revealed that you have already declared candidates and they walked away in disgust.Your little speech sounds more like a campaign platform than one who cares about the membership
     You may have good intentions or you may be just another group using the members to get your self elected to office. You lied about the petition. You have called no one to meetings except yourselves. You have made major moves without EVER consulting the 500 you do NOT represent. You have refused to reveal who hired Kane. You have refused to reveal and STILL HAVE NOT Who has presented themselves as leaders. Nothing. You gave members personnel information to a third party without their consent. Here you are right back to the old BS . This has been a scam since the start.

Re: CAREY / KANE - QUID PRO QUO

Tomas Pain
committee for democracy has not operated very democratic or intelligent??? WHY?

1. First order of business should had been to contact all members.  You have mailing address, phones, and emails.

2. Gave members CONTACT information for questions.  Informed them that they could rescind their support and instruments on how to.

3. In the initial contact INFORM THEM THAT THERE WAS A LAWYER REPRESENTING THEM IN COURT!!!!!  The fact that BLOG157 had to inform us is UNACCEPTABLE.

4. The fact that some privileged members met with the lawyer beforehand is fucking BULLSHIT!

5. The fact that John Daly was one of the privileged few  discredits CC4D completely.

what a wasted opportunity.