Benefits for disabled carpenters

RDK

Re: Benefits for disabled carpenters

RDK
After working over 16 years with the union I too got the letter.  Yes, we will definitely be at the Town Hall Meeting Wednesday.   There are two meetings on Wednesday and two on Thursday, EVERYONE SHOULD TRY TO ATTEND THEM ALL OR JUST ONE !! Can someone get the media there????  The only way to fight this is to stick together.  I thought this country was a democracy?   2016 is the 25th Anniversary of the Americans With Disability Act, how Ironic that LOCAL 157 is celebrating it in this manner.   Who confirmed the 875 number of people affected?

Re: Benefits for disabled carpenters

Braciole
We must all give our names and numbers to each other, we must video record all of these meetings. We need to  agree on the lawyer we choose, they can and will buy people to take this away from us. If there are enough of us on youtube and social media, we can make some noise.
RDK

Did you know there is a Retiree Club that was set up at the technical college for people who are retired and who will be retiring in the next 2 years?  I only heard about it.  Why were we not notified of this?  It's time  everyone attended these meetings!
RDK

What time are you attending the meeting?

The "fix" is in. They will destroy every last members chances of making a decent living and feeding a family.
slm

Re: Benefits for disabled carpenters

slm
I e-mailed the Senators and anyone else I could think of to help bring awareness to what is happening. How can they take benefits away from the most vulnerable group. Where is the brotherhood in this/ Feeling very deserted......

Re: Benefits for disabled carpenters

Catherine Swain
Don't you think we need our own blog? combined with a local dose not make sense.To share names and all too much going on. what sen did you contact?
slm

Yes I agree with the idea of a separate blog. I contacted both senators in NY,Schumer & Gillibrand and in NJ, Booker & Menendez ( I reside in NJ).
slm

Re: Benefits for disabled carpenters

slm
Yes I agree with the idea of a separate blog. I contacted both senators in NY,Schumer & Gillibrand and in NJ, Booker & Menendez ( I reside in NJ).

Re: Benefits for disabled carpenters

Jrc62juan
I spoke to Harvey mars and he said that he will not handle the case

Re: Benefits for disabled carpenters

robert colasanti
Do we just give up or do we continue to pursue the battle for our benefits? We need to
continue to win this unfortunate ploy. OK Harvey is gone is there another attorney who we can contact
& ask for advise. I'm not willing to throw in the towel, please advise me via E-mail in reference
to the present situation. Although I live in Florida & willing to help in any way to have our benefits
restored. May I suggest that the rest of our brothers & sisters help to over turn this injustice. Please
cool up your sleeves & help in any way before its to late.
slm

I am   in touch with a new lawyer for this matter. I know someone has a huge list of affected members. I may need to contact you for this list. I will keep everyone posted.
?

Re: Benefits for disabled carpenters

?
Why is it that I hear nothing about the Pension Rights Center being reciprocal to UBC Members inquiries?
12