Before demands and petitions

Richard Chopp
why do you all assume that you know what the rank and file wants? Nobody has asked me.  John, you say the membership has no faith in Spencer.  That is a pretty liberal statement.  My point is: ASK.  Get a poll on the internet, get signatures, ect ect.  I for one don't want elections right now.  I have some faith in what is going on.  I could be the only loco person, but you can't all of sudden speak for all of us.

Re: Before demands and petitions

bill lebo
I for one want my legal rights under the LMRDA, The LMRA, the USA Constitution, and any other law, be it state or federal. I want a say in the direction my union takes. I want a say in the contracts I have to work under. I want a say in who my representatives and my unions leaders are. I want a sat in how much I pay in dues and assessments. I want a say in how much my dues and assesments pay the reps and leaders I choose. I want a say in whether or not the 395 hudson st. gets sold and where it moves to if it does. I want to be able to know how the delegates vote, instead of keeping it some kind of damn secret, so that if they didn't vote the way the local told them to we would know we should get rid of them. I want my fuckin rights buddy, and if you don't what does that make you, a damn communist.

Re: Before demands and petitions

Richard Chopp
Oh Bill, you don't work will with an opinion that is different from yours? Just when you were starting to making sense.  A communist??? Is this the 1950's?  You are one member of this organization, you don't speak for all of us and you just lost my respect (and a potential vote).  I'm sorry that decades of corruption and skew election results have made skeptical about our election process.  I have seen it fail miserably because it's so corrupted.  Save the rhetoric bullshit Bill.  I respect the majority rule.  My point was simple; ASK before you start saying what we all want.

Re: Before demands and petitions

Richard, many members have asked Spencer, he refuses to answer, or answers question you did not ask. Did you read the rally hand out I posted. Spencer is part of the problem not the solution to fixing what is wrong in the Council. Anon is correct.

Re: Before demands and petitions

Richard Dorrough
Richard,
   I would assume the petition represents the people that sign it.If your not interested in promoting its contents than dont sign it. So are the people who do not share your opinion not to draw up a petition or take steps to facilitate change
 J  ohn or nobody else is not suddenly speaking for us all but neither is Spencer,McCarron or you obviously. Some of believe Spencer and McCarron are low life scum and the UBC has fallen to depths we never thought possible. I am glad your happy but others are not so petition and court it is.

Re: Before demands and petitions

What are some important issues you would like to adress?

Re: Before demands and petitions

Pete Corrigan
FULLY mobility, keeping the consent decree

Re: Before demands and petitions

Richard Chopp
1. Allow members to attend delegate meetings and make minutes available to all. A list of all delegates.

2. An accurate timeline of when UBC supervision will end.  The procedures what will take place in the transition of power.

3. An explanation as to why McCarron, Spencer, and Ballenthyne are representing NYCDC in upcoming contract negotiations.  Have the negotiations already started and with what associations are we dealing with?

4. A committee of delegates who job is to inform the rank and file of contract talks, points of contention, and ability to take back concerns and ideas provided by rank and file.

5. Is full mobility on the table with contract negotiations?  What is it, how does it work, and how is it good for us?

6. Online access to powerpoint presentation on Local 395.  An online Q &A forum for identified members.  I need more information about this Local.