What has the District Council done for you lately?
1) MERGED YOUR LOCAL UNION WITH THE TIMBERMEN
2) TAKEN MILLIONS FROM YOUR LOCAL UNIONS’ TREASURIES
McCarron and his CRONIES said the costs saved would help with member services and organizing; what do they have to show for it?
1) They have ONE APPOINTED council representative with little or no experience covering NEW YORK CITY, NEW JERSEY, LONG ISLAND AND NEW YORK STATE!
2) They’ve striped RETIREEES of medical benefits
3) There are FEWER work opportunities today
THINK ABOUT THESE THREE POINTS AND ASK YOURSELF WHY?
Maybe this is why?
The UBC STOLE over $3.5 MILLION from the treasury of Dockbuilders’ Local 1456 when they forced the merger.
There has been . . . No election of officers yet
There is . . . No democratic process left at all
There has been . . . The complete ELIMINATION of our craft IDENTITY, which generations of DOCKBUILDERS have worked for over 100 years to build!
DON’T BE THE GENERATION THAT FOLDS AND ALLOWS THEM TO CONTINUE TO STRIP US OF OUR IDENTITY!
TAKE BACK YOUR UNION, TAKE BACK YOUR RIGHTS!
AMALGAMATED DOCKBUILDERS stand for RESTORING your RIGHTS!
• Rank & File vote DIRECTLY on representatives
• Maintaining LOCAL union power
• PROTECTING member BENEFITS and PENSIONS
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CALL THE AMALGAMATED DOCKBUILDERS’ TOLLFREE NUMBER: 1(866)-544-8728