Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

DEMOCRACY

The Amalgamated Dockbuilders Organizing Committee is made up of only Dockbuilders. They have been working their asses off for all of us for months. They are trying to build a strong and democratic local union us my Dockbuilder Brothers and Sisters. Every member that knows them understands how hard they are working and how much they have risked! Many members have been active on the Organizing committee and have worked hard to get all of us Dockbuilders the facts so we can vote smart.

Eric Gundersen has put himself on the line for us day in and day out. He has taken fire and attacks from the NYCDCC/UBC but hasn't give up on us. Eric has been a Dockbuilder for 14 years; he has worked as a foreman and general foreman. Eric dedicated to getting us a democratic union. He is a driven activist and has led the charge to organize members and to build a stronger Dockbuilder identity.

The many of our Brothers and Sisters have stepped forward to join the Organizing Committee to get true facts to all Dockbuilders. The Organizing Committee has always believed in the power of collective action, that no one person is more important than the movement. If we support them and stand united as Dockbuilders they can help us achieve our goal of a Dockbuilder local union. They want to protect our trade identity and jurisdiction from becoming destroyed by our current, so-called “union” leaders.

Compare the activists of the Amalgamated Dockbuilders Organizing Committee to the leadership of the current local union:

Joe Geiger is a Timberman
Brian McLaughlin is a part-time Dockbuilder
Bobby Joule is a TURNCOAT

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

vote
Solid facts:

The pension fund is 82% funded and rock solid. Our money has been invested wisely!
We enjoy retirement @ 55 yrs. of age.
We have a solid annuity which the members can borrow from and manage directly themselves.
We can now vote on our contracts.
We enjoy a great medical plan.
We enjoy quarterly vacation checks.
As a District Council Dockbuilder you have...
$125 dollar a week supplemental unemployment benefit.
$2000 dollar a month disability insurance plan.
As a District Council Dockbuilder you have a death benefit.
We have not given back a penny in previously negotiated G.C.A. contracts.
(McCarron gave back the $2.13)
We have a consent decree that protects our jurisdiction from Doug McCarron.
We have a Est. President and Vice President elected by the membership.
We have a Est. President and Vice President that have fought McCarron.
http://archives.republicans.edlabor.house.gov/archive/hearings/105th/eer/ud62598/lebo.htm
http://www.carpentersrankandfileteam.com/about/documentation/
We have a outstanding apprenticeship and journeyman school.
We now have full disclosure of expenditures.
We are over twenty thousand people strong! (think strike) That's power.
Fact: Mandatory drug testing for all District council employees.
Fact: RO officer Walsh's second interim report! http://local157.blogspot.com/
Fact: A house divided is a house conquered!

Fact: The Amalgamated union has no benefit funds in place.
No pension plan.
No welfare plan.
No apprenticeship.
No union Hall.
No annuity.
No Vacation.
No money.
No journeyman school.
No guaranteed retirement age.
Fact: You will pay a higher assessment with Amalgamated. See Lm-1 report page 29
Fact: You are going to pay for Executive Boards spouce's vacations. See Lm-1 report page 31
Fact: As an Amalgamated officer you can hold two paid positions. See Lm-1 report page 8
Fact: Amalgamated democracy is a half truth, APPOINTMENTS will be made by the Executive Board along with salary and compensation. See Lm-1 report page 15
http://www.nycdistrictcouncil.com/index.php?id=388

The corner stone of our decision should be based on facts. Not the propaganda being spread by either side. Amalgamated.... Never has so much been promised by so few in so little time.

As for the lawyers propaganda.... Well he is just that a lawyer. It is up to a court to interpret the law.

FACT: All the benefits listed above that we enjoy with the District Council of Carpenters are in jeopardy!

FACT: Any loss of market share hurts the benefit funds, members and their families.

FACT: Two separate carpenter unions working in the same jurisdiction on the same job sites is going to create a discord amongst the work force. No one could possibly benefit from the impending chaos that will ensue if you vote Amalgamated.

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

Amalgascam!
Amalgaslamming Organizers have been working their asses off. What a load of CRAP! Not 1 guy involved with the scam ever worked a hard day in their greedy lives! Keep posting all the BS you like because you only have a few weeks left before your big shot days are over for good!

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

Oh ok....
Fact: Medical will be taken away from retirees just like McCarron has already done everywhere else in our country at his mega councils.

Fact:Retirement age is going up to 57 years of age next year. Retirement in the Northeast Regional Council of Carpenters is now 62 years of age...with no medical!

Fact: You have a almost 19 percent assessment on your vacation check that goes directly to the International.

Fact: It is against the law to double assess your benefits such as the scam going on to this very day with your vacation check

Fact: The consent decree is being lifted in 18 months. When this happens, goodbye NYCDCC and hello NERCC.

Fact:NYCDCC already has Local 395H ready to be put in use when The concrete guys come to 1556 and timbermen(laborers) and carpenters perform dockbuilding work

Fact: Look what Doug McCarron has done to every carpenters local across the country already. What makes you think the NYCDCC is so safe from him? YOU ARE NOT!!!

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

Elected?????????
How you figure Bilello and Lebo were elected?
I thought Dennis vetoed all the other candidates?

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

Dockbuilder Organizers
Jonh Holt Carpenter?  Joe Firth Carpenter? JohnCerami Carpenter? Dominick Lavacca Carpenter? Angelo Bisceglie Lawyer?

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

DEMOCRACY
BULL SHIT, BULL SHIT, BULL SHIT!! The pension plan and benefits will BE IN PLACE BECAUSE AMALGAMATED WILL ONLY BE CHANGING HOW YOU MAKE DECISIONS! Unlike the corrupt DISTRICT COUNCIL /UBC you won't be told what you get YOU WILL VOTE AND DECIDED FOR YOURSELVES, like ADULTS!

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

AMALGAdockster
If those are what you call facts you're a real dumb shit!

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

Inquiry
"We have a consent decree that protects us from McCarron".  The above FACTS are pure BULLSHIT.  Did the consent decree protect you from McCarron disolving 1456 ????  Don't forget that McCarron disolved our Local 1456. That is the only fact that you should remember.  This is your one chance to become an Independent Democratic Dockbuilder Union, VOTE YES.

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

vote
Yea, thanks to the Amalgamated committee... I mean 1456 old executive board.

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

vote
Really.... thats all you can come up with? What do you base your fats on give us some proof.hqc8

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

Still moving forward
The old 1456. Let's see,from 1999 to 2010 when from $600,000 to $3,800,000. Had an unemployment fund. $125 per week for 12 weeks = $1500. Paid out $48,000. in the year of 2010 to it's members. Accidental death insurance,$25,000.if accident happen at home and $40,000 if accident happen on the job. Long term disability $2,000 per month for 2 years = $48,000 for a member on disability. Scholarship fund,6 scholarships a year at $10,000 per student = $60,000 a year for 1456 members children. Dockbuilders family picnic day. Oh and let's not forget 85% market share. Seems like the old 1456 was doing pretty good.

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

Dockbuilder Organizers
1>>>>> Please explain the LM-1 signed by Biscegli as President and John Holt as Business Manager and the Constitution posted on the District Council website. 2. Is that union or Constitution what we are voting for? and if not, 3. Will that that Union or Constitution have any influence on the "Dockbuilders" of the Amalgamated Carpenters and Joiners? 4. Has Amalgamated submitted documents or a constitution and by-laws to the DOL or the NLRB on behalf of Amalgamated Dockbuilder and can you produce it? 5. After all the meetings and discussions why did Biscegle and Holt fail to mention they had already started a union and had a constitution? 6. What else are they hiding from the members? 2>>>>>>>> They have a whole lot nothing on thier website. They don't address any of the most important issues that would be detrimental to the starting and survival of a new union. I cannot vote yes in good faith just because I hate McCarron without answers to these questions UPFRONT.... Pensions? 401Ks? Lifetime Medical For Retirees? Medical Plan? AnnuityPlan? Vacation Plan? Job Security? Political Action? Training Center for Journeymen and Apprentices? Wages/Collective Bargaining Agreement? What about dues and assesments to fund and operate the new Union? What about affiliations with the Building Trades, AFL-CIO and IUPAT? I AM VOTING NO IF THIER IS NO LONG TERM VISION FOR THIS NEW UNION. AT LEAST NOW I KNOW MY FAMILIES FUTURE. WE NEED ANSWERS BEFORE THE VOTE OR AMALGAMATED WILL LOSE. http://democracyfordockbuilders.com/ This website is filled with Propaganda and Lies but Lacks Answers, Facts and most of all the Truth NO ANSWERS==NO VOTE WHEN READING THE REPLIES TO THIS POST TAKE NOTICE THE AMALGALIARS WILL NOT DIRECTLY ANSWER ANY OF THE QUESTIONS I POSED TO THEM........THEY WILL REPLY WITH HATRED, PROPAGANDA AND LIES ! ! ! DEMAND ANSWERS--------DEMAND FACTS-------DEMAND TRUTH>>>>>>>> 3. ANSWER TO THIS AmalgsSCAM >>>>>> This plan all began with Joe Olivarie, Angelo Bisceglie and IUPAT in March of 2010 after the trusteeship started. It all started with a $5000 donation to the Association of Wall and Ceiling by IUPAT in March 2010. This can be found on the IUPAT 2010 LM-2 Report(file #000-035)(Name and Address (A) ASSOC OF WALL-CEILING & CARPENTRY INDUS. NY INC 25 JERICHO TURNPIKE JERICHO NY 11753...Type or Classification (B) LABOR UNION Purpose Total Itemized Transactions $5,000 Total Non-Itemized Transactions $0 Total of All Transactions $5,000 13TH ANNUAL SPRING DINNER/DANCE 03/30/2010 $5,000) From there they planned to use this Amalgamated scam to drive down the prices in the drywall industry and to try to scare the NYCDCC into signing a contract with 20% paycuts. That is why they filed the LM-1, one month before the contracts expired. The Dockbuilders were not even part of the plan at that point. Then the shit hit the fan with the Harkins and the Dockbuilders were dissolved they saw this as an opportunity to take advantage of the disenfranchised members and push this to an NLRB vote. With the help of the Harkins and others they got the process started With the"Dockbuilders" of the Amalgamated Carpenters and Joiners scam to win an NLRB election. They fed on the Dockbuilders need for thier own identity and hatred of McCarron and led them to believe it was thier own movement. All along this has been a movement by the Wall and Ceiling, corrupt union officials and the Genovese Crime family. A Question To Be Asked.... With all these Dockbuilders meetings taking place WHY DIDN"T BISCEGLIE AND HOLT MENTION THEY FILED AN LM-1 AND HAD ACTUALLY ALREADY STARTED A UNION?????? Wake up Dockbuilders before it's to late.... YOU ARE GETTING AmalgaSCAMMED.

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

Dockbuilder
Say it enough times and you actually start believing your own bs. What are you going to do for us?

Re: Amalgamated organizers ARE DOCKBUILDERS

vote
Yes they were voted in by the membership! Only 4500-4900 people voted. I guess you were not one of them but yet you spend your time here.